D-Aspiric Acid, Does It Raise T?

I am an Olympic weightlifter, snatch 115kg and clean and jerk 147kg. i’m 19 and im obsessed with trying new supplements, do you think its worth it, will i make gains if i take this?

D-Aspartic acid and certain studies would seem to indicate that it does elevate testosterone levels by 40-60 %. I would be willing to bet that those looking for a boost in their performance or gains would be disappointed in their gains or lack there of after supplementing with this. But it is a relatively cheap supplement to purchase. It would not hurt to buy it and try it for a month. If I recall correctly the study I read indicated that peak levels occurred approximately 14 days after the subjects began supplementation. So you would know rather quickly if it is working or not. By the way how much do you weigh. I wish I was that strong when I was 19.

It seems to work for some people but not for others. I use it regularly because it seems to have a positive effect on me when I cycle three to four weeks on and one week to ten days off. I feel less lethargic and more focused during workouts, especially within the first week of supplementation.

That said, I’m also a good ten years older than you – perhaps you wouldn’t find the same benefit as I did. However, as the last poster said, it’s relatiely cheap and worth a shot. If you start to get symptoms of elevated estrogen, it would be worth stacking DAA with resveratrol or high-dose zinc (if you can tolerate this).

What would you consider high-dose zinc? 100 mg? (Or more/less?) Thanks.

[quote]chyoung wrote:
I am an Olympic weightlifter, snatch 115kg and clean and jerk 147kg. i’m 19 and im obsessed with trying new supplements, do you think its worth it, will i make gains if i take this?[/quote]
If this actually is Chris Young…

You’re 19 kid, just Lift Eat Rest.

Rinse and repeat.

[quote]AsylumSeeker wrote:

What would you consider high-dose zinc? 100 mg? (Or more/less?) Thanks.[/quote]

It really all depends on what you can tolerate; some people – including me – feel shitty at more than 50 mg per day. If you’re dosing at over 50 mg per day, though, it’d also be important to throw in supplemental copper.

Dbol.

DAA seems to work for a bit, and then just stop. Cycling didn’t really seem to fix this for me, either.

I stick with Alpha Male, which I find to be much more potent.

[quote]kgildner wrote:

It really all depends on what you can tolerate; some people – including me – feel shitty at more than 50 mg per day. If you’re dosing at over 50 mg per day, though, it’d also be important to throw in supplemental copper.[/quote]

Yup, and double yup on the copper. I really see no need to go above 50mg, especially without testing to see if you’re deficient.

30-50mg should be sufficient.

[quote]SBT wrote:

[quote]kgildner wrote:

It really all depends on what you can tolerate; some people – including me – feel shitty at more than 50 mg per day. If you’re dosing at over 50 mg per day, though, it’d also be important to throw in supplemental copper.[/quote]

Yup, and double yup on the copper. I really see no need to go above 50mg, especially without testing to see if you’re deficient.

30-50mg should be sufficient.[/quote]
Thanks to kgildner for replying/answering. Appreciate that. I don’t mean to derail the thread, but I’d like to pose a question to both of you guys, and anyone else who’d like to chime in (feel free)… what’s up with some guys dosing 150-200 mg of zinc? Many claim to do so short-term (which they’ve described as 2-3 weeks up to a month) on a daily basis for its alleged anti-estrogenic properties. I know zinc acts as a mild aromatase inhibitor, but these amounts seem like overkill to me, especially if its via zinc picolinate or zinc l-methionine (opti-zinc, etc.). The topic interests me because there are some guys out there who swear by the aforementioned protocol, and others detest zinc in doses higher than 15 mg.

Zinc can be toxic and cause long term systemic problems in these higher doses.

DAA has not been proved safe for long term use, or even for short term use. The study everyone mentions was tiny and lasted only two weeks. DAA is exitotoxic (can damage or kill brain cells). I’ve seen several people who took DAA long term complain about loss of sex drive.

[quote]seekonk wrote:
DAA has not been proved safe for long term use, or even for short term use. The study everyone mentions was tiny and lasted only two weeks. DAA is exitotoxic (can damage or kill brain cells). I’ve seen several people who took DAA long term complain about loss of sex drive. [/quote]

The neural effects of DAA at the typical supplement dosage haven’t been substantiated. I can also not attest to the latter claim regarding sex drve (and I’ve used DAA for about a year in total), but I’m just one person.

As with most supplements, I wouldn’t use DAA year-round (the efficacy of these things seem to wear off with prolonged use anyways). It was suitable for me going through a phase in which I felt as though I needed the extra hormonal boost. The zinc/magnesium combo seems to also lose its efficacy with me after a couple of months, so I always phase these minerals in and out as well.