D Aspartic Acid?

[quote]inkcreep wrote:
That’s weird. It seems it’s been just the opposite for me. It took till just recently, the end of my second week, for me to really feel and see a difference. [/quote]

i took 2 weeks off so im starting back up on it again today. ill do 1.5g with breakfast and 1.5g preworkout this time. with tribulus, tongkat, mucuna, and triazole. this should be interesting.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Well he got back to me straight away.

It was a 42% increase in free test for him.

His players (rugby, professional level) saw between 20% and 55% increases.

BBB[/quote]

BBB, were they taking any AI’s or anything to control prolactin?

[quote]wannabebig25 wrote:

Well he got back to me straight away.

It was a 42% increase in free test for him.

His players (rugby, professional level) saw between 20% and 55% increases.

BBB[/quote]

BBB, were they taking any AI’s or anything to control prolactin? [/quote]

Didn’t ask, sorry.

What makes you think prolactin would be raised by DAA?

BBB[/quote]

ive been reading alot in forums about guys having prolactin related sides associated with DAA. ive only tested mine once and it was when i was on a testofen based booster and my test was only 429 ng/dl(219-905) and prolactin was 17 (2-18). i have the same sides now as i did when my prolactin was that high, so i just put two and two together, i could be entirely wrong though.

i also found this while i was searching:

"You don’t need an AI, but it would definitely potentiate the effects. I highly recommend adding an AI… see below.

Let me give you all my basic take on DAA-

It basically has two modalities in humans: i) to indirectly stimulate testosterone production through increasing GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) secretion and subsequently LH (luteinizing hormone) in the brain, and ii) to up-regulate testosterone synthesis directly in the testes by acting in leydig cells, the cells that are involved in producing testosterone in men.

The first, indirect pathway is obviously the one that has people worried about neurotoxicity. It is more associated with NMDA, a metabolite of d-aspartate, than DAA itself. DAA is actually already present in high concentrations in the human hypothalamus. This scenario of neurotoxicity is so ridiculously unlikely that I won’t even go into it; in fact, I think that the second pathway, the one directly in the testes, is just as important in DAA’s test-boosting effectiveness. Its action is not through luteinizing hormone, but through a binding protein called steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR). This protein is responsible for transporting cholesterol molecules to the inside of leydig cells so they can be converted to testosterone… this is crucial.

Unfortunately, the data shows that DAA does in fact increase prolactin secretion in a statistically significant manner against control, so the first pathway must also be significant, since LH is also involved in prolactin secretion. This is the reason why broscientists think that tamoxifen is not adequate for PCT after using a progestin compound, because it has been to shown to directly stimulate LH production and sensitivity in the pituitary. Newsflash for the numbnuts- SERMs gonna SERM. Deal with it. Fertility research in men using clomid conclusively supports the proposed increases in prolactin that come with increasing LH. It’s inevitable without some kind of prolactin antagonizing therapy.

With both pathways considered, the end result is always in the testes. We have increases in LH, which stimulates testosterone production, and increases in StAR protein, which is the rate-limiting step in testicular testosterone production. So, that said, the best way to potentiate and increase the test-boosting effects of DAA is with an aromatase inhibitor and something to modulate prolactin secretion- preferable, mucuna. I have a boner for mucuna as a source of l-dopa because there is more to it, specifically, some interesting molecules that also affect GH secretion through receptors called mu opioid. These molecules, as I have theorized, are the reason why relevant research has shown mucuna extract to be more effective at increasing GH.

My recommendations for 4-8 weeks of daily DAA supplementation for testosterone-boosting are as follows:
3g DAA
500mg mucuna pruriens extract (20% l-dopa) 2x daily (upon waking, before bed)
Aromatase inhibitor of choice (I would prefer anything but ATD)."

hopefully you have some input on this BBB, because youre the man with the answers on this site :slight_smile: thanks.

My conclusion based on my own experience, is that DAA is something that you will really only notice effects if your nutrition and training are dialed in. Some supplements- like creatine- seem to work either way. This one doesn’t seem to work when nutrition isn’t dialed in, as mine wasn’t.

Interesting. So what are options for aromatase inhibitors in the event they are needed?

Arimidex via doc or resveratrol and nettle-root extract via a shop?

Anything i’m missing? Anything to look out for? I’m thinking of trying DAA in a bit.

Cheers