D-Aspartic Acid & Other D-Form Aminos

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
I usually take it 30 minutes before lunch or 2 hours after lunch if breakfast and lunch were too close together. I forget how they timed it in the study, if anyone remembers…[/quote]

They did the blood sampling in the morning, 24 hours after taking DAA (on an empty stomach).

By the way guys, I appreciate you posting your findings, feelings, side effects, etc. Something about this product greatly intrigues me.

It’s only been 3 days, but I feel a noticeable increase in mood and libido. For some reason I’m in a much better mood than usual after my workouts.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
It’s only been 3 days, but I feel a noticeable increase in mood and libido. For some reason I’m in a much better mood than usual after my workouts.[/quote]

Can we get some updates? How are you guys feeling since you’ve been taking this for a while?

Any notable ‘side effects’?

BTW other than the time you are taking it, what is the dosage amount?

[quote]Vires Eternus wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
It’s only been 3 days, but I feel a noticeable increase in mood and libido. For some reason I’m in a much better mood than usual after my workouts.[/quote]

Can we get some updates? How are you guys feeling since you’ve been taking this for a while?

Any notable ‘side effects’?

BTW other than the time you are taking it, what is the dosage amount?[/quote]

I’ve been feeling great thus far. Libido and mood are definitely a lot better than usual, very very noticeable. I don’t know if it’s a placebo or not, but I’ve also been getting better pumps, even from compound movements where I don’t normally notice much of a pump.

No side effects for me.

I take 3 grams in the morning about 20 to 30 minutes before breakfast.

How is everyone cycling this product? If that is, you believe it needs to be. I think Patrick Arnold’s brand says it can be taken indefinitely, but doing some other readings seems to have people following the 12 day on/12 day off simply because thats what the study was done using. Of course some people are using it for longer periods of time, too. There are mentions about prolactin, etc being raised as well hence the reason some people choosing to cycle it.

Anyways, anyone who’s taking it or who will take it, how are you planning to cycle it, if at all?

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
How is everyone cycling this product? If that is, you believe it needs to be. I think Patrick Arnold’s brand says it can be taken indefinitely, but doing some other readings seems to have people following the 12 day on/12 day off simply because thats what the study was done using. Of course some people are using it for longer periods of time, too. There are mentions about prolactin, etc being raised as well hence the reason some people choosing to cycle it.

Anyways, anyone who’s taking it or who will take it, how are you planning to cycle it, if at all?[/quote]

I hadn’t read about cycling it, I think I’m going to try just going through it without cycling and see how that goes.

should this be avoided by younger folks (earlier 20’s) like Alpha Male? i recently had major surgery a few weeks ago and this thread has me excited on a way to jump start my road to muscular recovery in a month or so once i get the green light to lift again.

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
should this be avoided by younger folks (earlier 20’s) like Alpha Male? i recently had major surgery a few weeks ago and this thread has me excited on a way to jump start my road to muscular recovery in a month or so once i get the green light to lift again.[/quote]

I’m 26 fwiw and I notice a difference. But you probably won’t need anything since you’ll likely naturally regain much of what you lost.

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
should this be avoided by younger folks (earlier 20’s) like Alpha Male? i recently had major surgery a few weeks ago and this thread has me excited on a way to jump start my road to muscular recovery in a month or so once i get the green light to lift again.[/quote]

I’m 20 and thought I’d give it a shot, I notice a pretty big difference.

thanks guys. i’ll see how it goes for a couple months without and reassess from there.

I’m going to jump on the bandwagon and give it a try in combination with Alpha GPC, looking forward to it

any new updates from the guys who are trying DAA?

I bought a bottle of TCF-1 from Primordial Performance. Will post results in about three weeks.

OK new question associated with the thread. I’ve looked back through and I’m guessing you guys are taking actual DAA or D-Aspartic Acid as opposed to N-Methyl D-Asparate which seems to be a heavily hyped version of the same. I’m noy gonna plug the only company apparently marketing this version here, but the claim is that the NMDA is a superior transport system.

Am I correct or is anyone on the thread actually experimenting with the NMDA version?

I’ve about convinced myself to play guinee pig, but I want to do this scientific like. I’m scheduling some blood work and having my hormone levels checked. I’m still trying to decide what a good trial period is. This isn’t exactly like a drug cycle, so I’m not sure how to schedule all this. My initial thought was 6 weeks of steady supplementation and then get retested.

I’m welcoming any suggestions including those from Biotest. I would love to see this turn into a new Biotest product or an adition to an existing product if the efficacy of it can be proven beyond resonable doubt.

I spoke with a person who did some before and after saliva testing with 4 weeks of DAA supplementation.

His testosterone levels went from 410 ng/dl to 850 ng/dl(I saw the blood work, he didn’t just tell me). Not too shabby

[quote]Vires Eternus wrote:
OK new question associated with the thread. I’ve looked back through and I’m guessing you guys are taking actual DAA or D-Aspartic Acid as opposed to N-Methyl D-Asparate which seems to be a heavily hyped version of the same. I’m noy gonna plug the only company apparently marketing this version here, but the claim is that the NMDA is a superior transport system.

Am I correct or is anyone on the thread actually experimenting with the NMDA version?

I’ve about convinced myself to play guinee pig, but I want to do this scientific like. I’m scheduling some blood work and having my hormone levels checked. I’m still trying to decide what a good trial period is. This isn’t exactly like a drug cycle, so I’m not sure how to schedule all this. My initial thought was 6 weeks of steady supplementation and then get retested.

I’m welcoming any suggestions including those from Biotest. I would love to see this turn into a new Biotest product or an adition to an existing product if the efficacy of it can be proven beyond resonable doubt.[/quote]

Yeah, more info is needed. This is why I asked about cycling guidelines. Nobody really seems to know but doing some more reading one can gather that its not just testosterone levels that will increase but consequently it seems increases are seen in prolactin, estradiol, etc.

So it seems to be kind of a guessing game at this point. 12 days on/ 12 days off or indefinitely, but other measures may need to be used if taking indefintely (aromatase inhibitors, bromocriptine , P-5-P ) or they may not.

Guess the only way to know for sure is, like you said, get baseline numbers and then retest after various supplementation durations.

Scott M thanks for the update, thats a huge increase…

I jumped on this bandwagon as well after reading this thread last week. Like Tiger, I got it from NP. I’ve been following the dosing schedule outlined by the study (3g taken upon waking… on an empty stomach, obviously). Today was my 6th day of supplementation (I haven’t decided how or if I’ll cycle yet, though I’ll proly take a break after 2 weeks). I’ve experienced a marked increase in libido and it seems like I’m better able to really push through my workouts as well.

However, I’m a shitty scientist; I’ve also recently introduced the mineral muscle supplement and half a serving of Superfood into my supplement regimen, so I can’t definitively state that these effects are all due to the DAA. Still, I’m inclined to believe it’s responsible for the boost in libido and proly has at least contributed to the energy increase. Will post more in a couple more days and post additional details after like a week off.

Also, I’m curious, does anyone know/can anyone conjecture on whether or not an AI should be used in conjunction with the DAA for optimum results? I’m not gonna pretend like I know dick about T manipulation, but from what I gather, increasing T also increases E and you need to account for the E either through an AI or some other means. But I don’t know if that’s only necessary for exogenous introduction of hormone. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on this? My bad if it’s been discussed somewhere else and I missed it.

Oh yeah, for the record, I’m a month shy of 25.

I’ve been doing some research on this myself as a buddy tipped me off to this. The NMDA version is vastly superior and more potent to straight up DAA.

Here’s some info from a buddy of mine, take it or leave it:

"DAA’s putative mechanism of action is bioconversion into NMDA and subsequent binding to NMDA receptor sites in neuroendocrine tissue (pituitary, hypothalamus, thalamus etc.) Activation of the NMDA receptors is what we’re looking for and NMDA (N-methyl-D-aspartate) is more potent that DAA by orders of magnitude.

So we … See Morewant DAA to become NMDA as quickly and as fully as it can. The only difference is the methyl group on the Nitrogen, where does the body get that single carbon from? Methyl donors. SAmE and TMG are two potent methyl donors, but there are many. Methylcobalamin (methyl b12) is another. This is addition to the positive health benefits that methyl donors already possess.

There is little to no direct research to support this theory, only educated guesswork, most DAA studies have been done in animal models and NMDA is sort of avoided because of the neurotoxicity buzz.

Verdict: Take DAA with a methyl donor, because it should aid in the conversion to NMDA and hence greater Test/GH increases."

I will be using DAA with a methyl donor.

A list of methyl donors:

1. TMG (betaine)
  2. DMG
  3. Folate… See More
  4. Methylcobalamin
  5. Choline

Take 1-3g of TMG a day along with 3g a day of the DAA. DAA also had wider implications for AAS users and PCT which is where a lot of the excitement is coming from.

I can’t take credit for any of this info here though, I was just tipped off about it today.

WRT: No you won’t need an AI

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I’ve been doing some research on this myself as a buddy tipped me off to this. The NMDA version is vastly superior and more potent to straight up DAA.

Here’s some info from a buddy of mine, take it or leave it:

"DAA’s putative mechanism of action is bioconversion into NMDA and subsequent binding to NMDA receptor sites in neuroendocrine tissue (pituitary, hypothalamus, thalamus etc.) Activation of the NMDA receptors is what we’re looking for and NMDA (N-methyl-D-aspartate) is more potent that DAA by orders of magnitude.

So we … See Morewant DAA to become NMDA as quickly and as fully as it can. The only difference is the methyl group on the Nitrogen, where does the body get that single carbon from? Methyl donors. SAmE and TMG are two potent methyl donors, but there are many. Methylcobalamin (methyl b12) is another. This is addition to the positive health benefits that methyl donors already possess.

There is little to no direct research to support this theory, only educated guesswork, most DAA studies have been done in animal models and NMDA is sort of avoided because of the neurotoxicity buzz.

Verdict: Take DAA with a methyl donor, because it should aid in the conversion to NMDA and hence greater Test/GH increases."

I will be using DAA with a methyl donor. [/quote]

Any you would recommend?

Edit: nvm, quick 2nd post, thanks!