D-Aspartic Acid & Other D-Form Aminos

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
Supposedly it’s a potent test booster. Yes, the study(ies?) showed a 40% boost to test in 8 weeks @3 grams per day. Although not steroid like that’s pretty good, and I doubt it would cause shut down. And for the price, a cycle is more affordable than a cycle of most of the alternatives (about $50 for an 8 week run (plus the cost of food, lol)).

I’ve seen nothing but good things about this supplement. I think Biotest is even looking into it at the moment although i can’t officially comment on this or what their thoughts might be, not that if I did would i have any credibility :stuck_out_tongue: TC if you’re around maybe you have a comment.[/quote]

That’s actually a 40% increase in 14 days.

Tiger,

I dont think anyone really knows if it’s better to take DAA on an empty stomach or with food. Here’s what the researchers did:

“Every morning at breakfast for 12 consecutive days subjects in the first group were invited to consume, by mouth a solution of 10 ml of 2.0 M sodium D-aspartate (3.12 g/10 ml) supplemented with vitamin B6, folic acid and vitamin B12 and diluted in half a glass of water or fruit juice. This solution is marketed in Italy under the name DADAVIT® (Pharmaguida s.r.l., Italy) and used as a supplement to increase the quality of human seminal fluid.”

Since blood was sampled in the morning (24 hr after the previous dose), it is unclear if DAA has an acute effect (not likely IMO) or a chronic one. It would also be interesting to know what happened to free T, the ratio of T to E, etc. Hopefully, some of the companies that are making $ off DAA will step up to the plate and sponsor some research.

Bottom line: Until we know more, take DAA like the subjects in the study did (on an empty stomach).

TZ

Dr. Z,

Thanks for the update. The stuff looks promising and I can’t wait to see what Biotest does with it!

If you have looked into it, can you comment on whether there is potential for competition for absorption of this amino acid if taken with other aminos/protein, meaning can this stuff be taken with food??. FWIW, E-pharm recently released their DAA product, and the directions say to take it on an empty stomach.

Also, I imagine that dosing this right before a workout would be beneficial, although given the empty stomach recommendations, I would think it would be pretty hard to do this, especially if on the anaconda protocol, since “take it on an empty stomach” usually means 30 min before other food.

maybe taking this in the morning with a carbohydrate and BCAA shake would be okay? Or do the branch chain amino transporters compete with those of D-asparate?

Also any other comments on the cognitive aspects if you or anyone else have any? Thanks![/quote]

12 days.

TZ

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:

Supposedly it’s a potent test booster. Yes, the study(ies?) showed a 40% boost to test in 8 weeks @3 grams per day. Although not steroid like that’s pretty good, and I doubt it would cause shut down. And for the price, a cycle is more affordable than a cycle of most of the alternatives (about $50 for an 8 week run (plus the cost of food, lol)).

I’ve seen nothing but good things about this supplement. I think Biotest is even looking into it at the moment although i can’t officially comment on this or what their thoughts might be, not that if I did would i have any credibility :stuck_out_tongue: TC if you’re around maybe you have a comment.[/quote]

That’s actually a 40% increase in 14 days.[/quote]

[quote]Scuba steve-o wrote:

I just bought some from nutraplanet. I’ll let you guys know if I got ripped off or if I got a legit batch.[/quote]

Do you have access to a polarimeter? That’s about the only way to differentiate the two isomers.[/quote]

I’m afraid I don’t. I’m not too worried about it, so I’ll stick with how it affects me, but thanks for the suggestion.[/quote]

Sure thing. Definitely interested in hearing your results with it.[/quote]

I can definitely feel it working. This stuff rocks. I’m not sure how it will pay off as far as increased muscle gains, but I can actually feel the difference about an hour after a dose.

I just bought some from nutraplanet. I’ll let you guys know if I got ripped off or if I got a legit batch.[/quote]

Do you have access to a polarimeter? That’s about the only way to differentiate the two isomers.[/quote]

I’m afraid I don’t. I’m not too worried about it, so I’ll stick with how it affects me, but thanks for the suggestion.[/quote]

I can definitely feel it working. This stuff rocks. I’m not sure how it will pay off as far as increased muscle gains, but I can actually feel the difference about an hour after a dose.[/quote]

what exactly are you feeling? Energy, good-mood, pump, more endurance?? Have you you noticed adifference in your workouts yet?

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

I can definitely feel it working. This stuff rocks. I’m not sure how it will pay off as far as increased muscle gains, but I can actually feel the difference about an hour after a dose.[/quote]

what exactly are you feeling? Energy, good-mood, pump, more endurance?? Have you you noticed adifference in your workouts yet? [/quote]

Mostly mood and sex drive, the latter is way up. I can’t say whether energy levels or pump are changed as I take a bunch of stuff that would affect that. Endurance is not usually affected by testosterone is it?

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

what exactly are you feeling? Energy, good-mood, pump, more endurance?? Have you you noticed adifference in your workouts yet? [/quote]

Mostly mood and sex drive, the latter is way up. I can’t say whether energy levels or pump are changed as I take a bunch of stuff that would affect that. Endurance is not usually affected by testosterone is it?[/quote]

I would guess it could only help…? Not an expert and not gonna pretend to be…LOL. Please keep us updated Im very interested. If you dont mind what brand did you purchase? and do u mix it with something or is it in pill form?

Endurance can be improved by increased testosterone (hence, for example, obtaining an advantage from it in the Tour de France.)

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Endurance can be improved by increased testosterone (hence, for example, obtaining an advantage from it in the Tour de France.)[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking…but wasnt sure and didnt wanna run my mouth

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:

Endurance can be improved by increased testosterone (hence, for example, obtaining an advantage from it in the Tour de France.)[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking…but wasnt sure and didnt wanna run my mouth[/quote]
Ah, I see. Nothin like EPO, but I guess it makes sense that it would offer improvement. I thought those guys used it more for recovery, so it would provide a secondary benefit on endurance through more frequent training, but I honestly don’t understand any of the science, so I’ll take your word for it.

**Edit: I just realized (through searching the interwebz) that test may increase erthropoetin after all.

What doesn’t testosterone make better?

I’m interested in what happens after you come off of it

Just ordered some, I’ll let you guys know how it goes for me.

does the chelated(epharm) make that big a difference in terms of delivery or effectiveness? From your experience.

oh and thanks for answering my question fellas

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
does the chelated(epharm) make that big a difference in terms of delivery or effectiveness? From your experience.[/quote]

Well, all I can say is that the chelated one has a more mild taste - it’s less sour, although it does have a weird mild (almost metallic) flavor that the NP powder does not have. I doubt there is a major difference, but i can’t speak with confidence because I only took the e-pharm one a couple times thus far to see how the flavor was. It also is noticeably more soluble. Although the NP brand one does not have a terrible solubility issue anyways. I actually prefer the sour taste of the NP powder over the chelated stuff, although perhaps, at least in theory, the chelated stuff should be slightly more effective.

Got my shipment today.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
Got my shipment today.[/quote]

Ditto, take morning or night?

[quote]skohcl wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
Got my shipment today.[/quote]

Ditto, take morning or night?[/quote]

I took it in the morning since that’s the only time my stomach is empty for the most part.

I usually take it 30 minutes before lunch or 2 hours after lunch if breakfast and lunch were too close together. I forget how they timed it in the study, if anyone remembers…