D-Aspartic Acid for Teens?

Is D-aspartic Acid safe for teens to use? I am turning 19 in a few months, and I want something to boost my natural testosterone levels a bit. I was just wondering if it’s safe to use for someone my age. I don’t want to compromise my HPTA, but sometimes I can feel my test levels drop when I get busy in life (working a few jobs, college, gym, girls, etc. all at once), and was looking for something natural to raise my levels. Thanks.

[quote]Omega6639 wrote:
sometimes I can feel my test levels drop when I get busy in life (working a few jobs, college, gym, girls, etc. all at once),.[/quote]

No. You cant ‘feel’ your test levels drop.

That’s just real life youre experiencing. It’s called stress. You live in America, learn to deal with it.

If you think you have a problem with your hormones at age 19, go to a doctor and ask to have tests done.

To answer your question. D-aspartic acid is safe.

i used it at 21. its good stuff. it wont give you monster gains in the gym or anything, but it makes you feel better.

for the record i tested my bloodwork and test was low, maybe thats why i felt it works at a young age.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Omega6639 wrote:
sometimes I can feel my test levels drop when I get busy in life (working a few jobs, college, gym, girls, etc. all at once),.[/quote]

No. You cant ‘feel’ your test levels drop.

That’s just real life youre experiencing. It’s called stress. You live in America, learn to deal with it.

If you think you have a problem with your hormones at age 19, go to a doctor and ask to have tests done.

To answer your question. D-aspartic acid is safe. [/quote]

I probably worded that a bit wrong. Sometimes my mood, energy levels, libido, etc. get pretty low. Lately I can’t even get hard, and I’m just not interested in sex. I think I should have a lot more energy, libido, etc. at 19 than I do, it’s way low compared to others my age.

But conversely, I’ve gone from 5’8 130pounds to 5’9 215 pounds (13-14% bodyfat) in just a year in two months, I squat 475, bench 315x2, and deadlift 525 (all with good form). That goes totally against the other symptoms of low testosterone I’ve been feeling. I think I have good genetics for muscle building and strength, so I don’t want to fuck things up by doing any OTC supplements (t-boosters, prohormones, etc.). I just ordered a few bottles of DAA though, and I’ll give it a try. I just want a better quality of life, not necessarily muscle gains/strength gains because I’m still gaining in those areas. Any advice would be appreciated.

[quote]Omega6639 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Omega6639 wrote:
I don’t want to fuck things up by doing any OTC supplements (t-boosters, prohormones, etc.). I just ordered a few bottles of DAA though, [/quote]

DAA is an OTC testosterone booster. Supposedly, at least.

Do you use any prescription drugs/medication?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Omega6639 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Omega6639 wrote:
I don’t want to fuck things up by doing any OTC supplements (t-boosters, prohormones, etc.). I just ordered a few bottles of DAA though, [/quote]

Do you use any prescription drugs/medication? [/quote]

Once I found out that DAA is found in certain foods, it made me feel a bit safer about using it. But I’d rather just take actual testosterone than a lot of these designer steroids that are closer to birth control medications, and “test boosters” which just lower estrogen to a dangerous level.

I’ve been taking 500-1000mg of tetracycline daily to combat acne. I googled and found this:

“Serum concentrations of testosterone and the binding capacity of sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) were measured on days 2 days immediately preceding tetracycline treatment, on 3 days of treatment and on 2 days immediately after cessation of treatment. On the treatment days serum mean testosterone concentrations were significantly lower than on the control days (17 +/- 0.9 vs 21 +/- 0.8 nmol/l, P less than 0.01). There were no differences in the SHBG. The ‘free testosterone index’ behaved like the total testosterone.”

I think this might have something to do with it. I’ve been on the max dose of this stuff for years.

[quote]Omega6639 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Omega6639 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Omega6639 wrote:

Do you use any prescription drugs/medication? [/quote]

Once I found out that DAA is found in certain foods, it made me feel a bit safer about using it. But I’d rather just take actual testosterone than a lot of these designer steroids that are closer to birth control medications, and “test boosters” which just lower estrogen to a dangerous level.

I’ve been taking 500-1000mg of tetracycline daily to combat acne. I googled and found this:

“Serum concentrations of testosterone and the binding capacity of sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) were measured on days 2 days immediately preceding tetracycline treatment, on 3 days of treatment and on 2 days immediately after cessation of treatment. On the treatment days serum mean testosterone concentrations were significantly lower than on the control days (17 +/- 0.9 vs 21 +/- 0.8 nmol/l, P less than 0.01). There were no differences in the SHBG. The ‘free testosterone index’ behaved like the total testosterone.”

I think this might have something to do with it. I’ve been on the max dose of this stuff for years.
[/quote]

That’s a fuckton of tetrcycline.

Ive used it for acne as well. 6 weeks. 100mg per day.

Anway, Im not a dermatologist.

But theres a lot wrong with your post. Why are you mentioning DAA and steroids/designer steroids in the same sentence??

And there is more than one mechanism by which ‘test boosters’ work. Some work through inhibting the aromatization of testosterone to estradiol, like you sort of alluded to. Other work by boosting LH, thus signalling the testes to produce more testosterne.

Even the OTC aromatase inhibitors do not lower ‘estrogen to a dangerous level’. A pharmaceutical AI certainly can do that though, but pharm AI’s can also be used quite effectively and safely to boost T. Can show proof of OTC AI’s ‘lowering estrogen to dangerous levels’. Also explain what you mean by that. Provide numbers perhaps, of what a dangerously low level of estrogen is.

And if you have acne problems, dont use DAA. Plenty of people have reported acne as a side effect of it.

Well, my goal is to optimize my hormonal health. I guess I was kind of lumping DAA, prohormones, “test boosters”, etc. all into one category. I just know of a few people who have majorly fucked themselves up using OTC test boosters. So my point was if I was going to be risking a ton of side effects (one of them being HPTA shutdown), I’d rather just take the real thing. But that’s getting a little carried away, I’m just wondering if DAA runs any risks at my age. A guy I know took a certain test booster (I don’t know if I can name supplements from other companies here, I could PM the name) and really messed himself up. That’s the supplement that “lowered his estrogen levels dangerously”, at least that’s what he told me his doctor told him.

I’ll admit that I know very little on this whole subject, so I hope it doesn’t seem like I’m trying to argue against you. I’m just wondering if DAA causes any sort of shutdown or adverse effects to my endocrine system. I’m looking for something to raise my levels, and ensure hormonal health safetly.

Well I do think there is a warning to only take for 12 days at a time on it? You mention prohormones along with DAA and other test boosters but please be aware that prohormones can potentially do you a lot of damage so don’t be considering them at this stage. Some would argue dont use them at all cos they are strong enough to mess you up and not as effective as gear so there you go. Test boosters are much safer so stick with them for now if you are going to even take those.