T Nation

Cytosport MuscleMilk + Cramps

Ok so I’m hitting the protein pretty hard, been using cytosport Muscle Milk…problem is its giving me cramps in my lower stomach. Not so much the shits, but cramps that make you feel like the shits are coming…Does anybody know if this stuff is just loaded with lactose?

Also, I’ve been replacing one meal per day with a serving of this protein…I’m trying to cut down on bodyfat…The question is their is 590 calories per serving, with 91 carbs per serving…Do you think this will make tougher to cut down?

My stats: 5’10 212lbs unknown bodyfat

91 cbs per serving probably will make it difficult to cut, especially with the high amount of fat that is coupled with it (just look up Berardi’s thoughts on the subject in his Massive Eating Pt II). The only time I get that amount of carbs is at breakfast, which is low fat.

As for muscle milk, you might want to give it a second thought after you read Barr’s article:

It’s actually God punishing you for using a piece of shit product.

Actually they’ve taken out the shit product in muscle milk I believe. It was like a creatine derivative or something. Other than that it’s actually quite good if you get the low carb kind. Don’t take it personally but I may dabble with it when bulking time comes around again.

i love how people put down muscle milk, lol

what makes it such an inferior product? the glycocyamine that has been removed?

it’s an easy way to add calories, especially for baking purposes

i still use Metabolic Drive, but there’s nothing wrong with the new muscle milk

590 calories per serving, sounds like you’re not using Muscle Milk, rather their CytoGainer product, big difference, as there is I thought 75g carbs in it.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
i love how people put down muscle milk, lol

what makes it such an inferior product? the glycocyamine that has been removed?

it’s an easy way to add calories, especially for baking purposes

i still use Metabolic Drive, but there’s nothing wrong with the new muscle milk

590 calories per serving, sounds like you’re not using Muscle Milk, rather their CytoGainer product, big difference, as there is I thought 75g carbs in it.[/quote]

I second this post, The new Muscle Milk formula has less fat content and 5 grams of fiber as well… Plus comes in more flavors than Vanilla and Chocolate…

Muscle Milk FTW

OP What exactly are you taking? I think its cytogainer.

My main issue with Muscle Milk is the whole Lean Lipids BS. It’s their way of making a lot of canola oil sound high tech. Just more marketing nonsense.

If I want that much fat, I’d rather add olive oil, coconut oil, PB, or something else.

Muscle Milk Muslce Milk Light
Calories: 300 195g
Total Fat 12g 6g
Sat Fat 6g 2.5g
Cholesterol: 15mg 5mg
Total Carbs: 15g 11g
Fiber: 5g 1g
Sugars: 4g 2g
Protein: 32g 25g

I love the taste of Muscle Milk, but I use Metabolic Drive, i just wished it tasted like muscle milk.

That article is interesting, how long ago was it written and has muscle milk changed there formula since then?

yes, they have changed the formula as stated. they no longer use glycocyamine as stated in the article which has shown to increase homocysteine levels

All the Muscle Milk flavors I’ve tried taste burnt.

Anyone else notice this?

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
All the Muscle Milk flavors I’ve tried taste burnt.

Anyone else notice this?[/quote]

no…

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
My main issue with Muscle Milk is the whole Lean Lipids BS. It’s their way of making a lot of canola oil sound high tech. Just more marketing nonsense.

If I want that much fat, I’d rather add olive oil, coconut oil, PB, or something else.[/quote]

And the difference between that and Biotest’s “function fats” and “functional carbohydrtates” is? Or how about how hyped Surge is?

It’s all just advertisting man. A way for a product to try to stand out of the crowd.

[quote]Wimpy wrote:
HK24719 wrote:

If I want that much fat, I’d rather add olive oil, coconut oil, PB, or something else.

And the difference between that and Biotest’s “function fats” and “functional carbohydrtates” is? Or how about how hyped Surge is?

It’s all just advertisting man. A way for a product to try to stand out of the crowd.[/quote]

Comparing canola oil (fucking canola oil!) to EPH/DHA is window-licking retarded.

[quote]Wimpy wrote:
HK24719 wrote:

It’s all just advertisting man. A way for a product to try to stand out of the crowd.[/quote]

Well, it not all just advertising because you consume all the conaola oil when you use the product.

It sounds as though you are using the cytogainer rather than the musclemilk itself.

If you are trying to cut then the musclemilk wouldnt be so bad, however the gainer isnt really an option for you.