CYRUSEVEN'S Ol' Lady's Contest Prep

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
I would caution against increasing the reps and lowering the weight for her leg work… Reps do NOT burn fat. If anything, she needs to keep lifting heavy for her legs, and use the diet and cardio to strip the fat away.

Unless she is looking to lose muscular size in her legs, in which case go for it. But if she is happy with her musculature, or wants to increase it, keep the reps LOW and HEAVY.[/quote]

Lonnie,

Thanks for the feedback. To clarify, that was my question about leaning down calves specifically, and about experimenting with higher reps to try to lean my legs out just a bit.

Thread jack unintended, Cyrus. Your wife has some seriously impressive development. This will be very fun to watch. [/quote]

to kind of address this, as i mentioned above…carving in details w/ particular movements and/or lower weights is BS to a degree, but posing and focusing on flexing hard, holding contractions helps w/ details, not by bringing them out per se but by connecting to what the flex/pose feels like.

flexing/making a show muscle helps i believe.

Your chick is bad.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Your chick is bad.[/quote]

thanks hallowed, she is kinda a badass. i have no doubts she will crush whatever goal she sets. i don’t brag about anything i do or have done, but i do brag for her because she is too modest. knowing how she crushed her phd and md, did it on a full academic scholarship, this stuff will work itself out.

she has great genetics for putting on muscle, very wide shoulders and a tiny waist, as stated the challenge will be making the wheels hard and match the size/detail of her upper body.

this is a humbling and slow and steady passion we both share. there are women and men who make her and I feel like babies in this sport, but its not about all that, it’s about each of us carving our own path, we cannot change others all we can do is improve ourselves day in and out.

tonight was a rest night, no gym. we’ll go early Thanksgiving morning to train, Thanksgiving this year will look like a day of eating not unlike any other typical day. I may go find a pre-made turkey for myself though, eat it over the next few days.

adding BCAA’s to peri workout now or soon, we might experiment w/ some peri-carb w/ the aminos changing up the carb layout during the PWO window. for now, nothing is too set in stone, as her cals dip down we will bump the aminos up for muscle sparring.

high carb day yesterday, once a week the carbs are high. postworkout she had her 35g whey + ptrotein in the meal that followed 60-90min thereafter. she went to town on the pwo carbs 12 mini-pancakes w/ stevia sprinkled on top + 3 low-fat waffles, then whatever carbs she ate w/ the other meal right after. total 165g of carbs. i told her she made me sick, smiling like a happy lil’ piggie eating all those carbs. we bought waxy mazie, me thinking her eating all those carbs would be challenging. turns out she likes to eat the carbs instead of drinking them.

she’s lost 3-4lbs this last week or so. metabolism is a funny thing. yes- her overall cals are down, her fats are down, her carbs are up for one day out of the week but then/thereafter lower then they were. protein is up and more frequent. so it makes sense considering her cardio is up some and she’s doing high intensity stuff to cal burn in the gym.

funny to see though, all those pancakes and she is looking smaller, fuller, tighter. i’ll try and post a pic or two from tonite’s workout.

yesterday was back, we trained together which we rarely do completely. i banged out 50 pull ups for warm up to her 40. we did as many in bunches as we could…very cool to see her do those, normally she doesn neutral grip because of shoulder issues, but she did a few sets of sort of wide grip. very nice warm up.

i’m about to eat a stoffers french bread pepperoni pizza or two, she’s not home to stop me. i’ll drink 50+g of whey w/ it so it counts for something worthwhile. 90g protein (w/ the whey), 90g carbs, 40g of fat - a bit over a 1100cals.

i try to not eat shitty things around her, being supportive and all. today is a cheat day for me though.

i mentioned adding a few new pics or video…i will do so soon. think she is down 5lbs or so since the carb cycle began two wks ago. 10lbs a month seems to be a lot but the weightloss is never a straight line…loss three gain four lose two gain one loss three…as long as the net amount keeps going down w/ time we’re happy.

keeping on w/ the cycle ratios as is until the weight stops coming off, then we’ll adjust, for now the saying holds true…if it aint’ broke.

Sidebar - sometimes training w/ your girl is cool, inspiring, what have you. on shoulder day she was able to hand me the 90lb db for my shitty left side, grabbing it on the sides and putting it in my hand perfectly, then gave me a perfect elbow pop on the first rep. sweet. she even yells at me and says random shit like YUP! and COME ON! when i attempt anything w/ maximal effort or do any max type lifts. very cool. a now 134lb girl handing me a 90lb db is pretty damn cool.

Somedays though…and i may be alone in this, i need to train alone or w/ someone bigger stronger than me. my “kill a motherfucker” response is tuned down when training w/ her. having to leave a place in my mind to reply polite to gf request/response senerio can be a pain in the ass.

we train together and alone but as much as i respect what she does in the gym we still have that man-woman response at times. i think this is a good thing most times.

PhD, MD and now this…
How far along is the cure for cancer?

Sorry for the hijack. She is super impressive, needless to say.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

thanks hallowed, she is kinda a badass. i have no doubts she will crush whatever goal she sets. i don’t brag about anything i do or have done, but i do brag for her because she is too modest. knowing how she crushed her phd and md, did it on a full academic scholarship, this stuff will work itself out.

she has great genetics for putting on muscle, very wide shoulders and a tiny waist, as stated the challenge will be making the wheels hard and match the size/detail of her upper body.

this is a humbling and slow and steady passion we both share. there are women and men who make her and I feel like babies in this sport, but its not about all that, it’s about each of us carving our own path, we cannot change others all we can do is improve ourselves day in and out.

tonight was a rest night, no gym. we’ll go early Thanksgiving morning to train, Thanksgiving this year will look like a day of eating not unlike any other typical day. I may go find a pre-made turkey for myself though, eat it over the next few days.

adding BCAA’s to peri workout now or soon, we might experiment w/ some peri-carb w/ the aminos changing up the carb layout during the PWO window. for now, nothing is too set in stone, as her cals dip down we will bump the aminos up for muscle sparring.[/quote]

[quote]Fat Bastard. wrote:
PhD, MD and now this…
How far along is the cure for cancer?

Sorry for the hijack. She is super impressive, needless to say.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

adding BCAA’s to peri workout now or soon, we might experiment w/ some peri-carb w/ the aminos changing up the carb layout during the PWO window. for now, nothing is too set in stone, as her cals dip down we will bump the aminos up for muscle sparring.[/quote]
[/quote]

yeah…she’s a Internal Medicine pulmonary/critcal care doctor…big woooppeee deee
she’s a first person author on more papers than i can remember…studying asthma and interstitial lung disease…big woopppeee dee again
she’s has a patent on some science thing she made and has named her own antibody, owns the rights to it as well…big deal
she worked for Harvard when she was still a teenager…psssss so what
she gets told she looks like scarlett johansson quite a bit…not impressed

she’s got a great ass, is very kind, bumps her head on stuff alot around the house, needs me to kill bugs and fix the toilet when it runs, what can i say, she’s funny and as equally wacky as i am, she is just better at controlling it in public. what can i say…i like the little things.

she has jacked up toes and feet from years of soccer, she thinks no one would have her if not for me, i let her keep thinking that :slight_smile: she burps really loud, full sentences…awesome!

training news - 12 pancakes and 4 waffles yesterday for high carb pwo…she’s losing 3-4 lbs every 2 weeks, 8lbs a month is plenty right now, i figure 16lbs by April is easy. women are weird though, the upper body might be ready to step on stage but the legs and ass might have 10lbs to go! we haven’t adjusted the carb cycle yet because weight is coming off.

i’ll try and add new photos soon.

I love this thread! Your wife is awesome and it’s great reading about her through your perspective.

So the lady has asked not to throw up too many pics yet or for right now, I think she is feeling a bit “soft” still, although she is losing weight weekly at this point. Her off-season weight was in the 140’s and she is around 132 right now. She is just over 16 weeks out, 4 months seems to be plenty of time but the hope is to be ready w/ some time to spare. It will be her first show so there is a lot to prepare for, drilling poses, a routine, building a trophy case :slight_smile: we’ve got our tanner from the last go round, unopened. make-up, suit, we’re covered.

I’ll try and get some photos on her back or shoulder day, genetically she has nice wide shoulders and a tiny waist, at this point when she trains shoulders she gets a huge firehouse vein through her front deltoids on each side. Shoulders are the first area to come in to detail for her, this is the case for most people from what i’ve noted and seen. Her serratus is popping in already too.

I’ll attempt to get a legs shot soon as well, she’s been peppering legs w/ interval work here and there and training legs twice a week, and doing leg directed cardio each workout 40 min. 20 steady, 20 hit. she is working plyo into her bb split as well just to get more bang for the buck.

Diet and carb cycle/ratio is the same as it was 3 wks ago…we’ll ride this piggy til it ain’t working then adjust. Eventually wafles and pancakes PWO might give way to something that feels healthier but in all honesty we’ve been focused on hitting timing and numbers, allowing carbs only at specific times. Likely the switch will be to white rice, she will not enjoy that switch-a-roo.

Here is an artsy photo I took today. Also I hope you all enjoy this short essay I wrote as well, I’ve been focused on my art and writing more and more, planning on launching a site eventually and a business/publishing thing, not really ready to reveal too many details yet. Think penthouse letters, blue collar training stuff, Mad magazine, Easyrider, fine art and photography, creative writing…we’ll see.

Iron, Chalk, and Sunlight
Written by Cyruseven

The Contests are not for everyone; it’s not why we train.
We train for reasons beyond what is seen.
Chasing a feeling, it’s within these moments we feel most alive.
Within them, we are met with a sense of calm,
Taking control, in an otherwise chaotic world.

As our training evolves, it becomes the constant in our lives.
Steadily it forms a pulse that grows and courses through our veins-
Human heartbeat and the human spirit intertwine.
Inseparable, we chase excellence.

Time flutters by, closer and closer-
We approach self-mastery.
Seasons in and seasons out,
One brick at a time, with calloused hands and labors hard fought,
We reflect within the silences of it all.

As we step into the sunlight-
Connections with the physical become spiritual.
We are now more than we were,
And we’ve done it for ourselves.

This is why we train.

bumping my own thread because i don’t want it to go to page two.

been busy, on here less lately. working on my own business w/in this genre, it is taking up much time…additionally i just feel like sharing, i brought some of my art and creative ideas involving advertising, pr, marketing into my large corp chain gym, spoke w/ some folks…long story short, i’ve been in the car the last two plus days meeting VP’s from corporate…i’ve officially sold out.

selling out is ok, i’ll be promoting something i love and getting to do/use my creativity!!! working w/ accounts like at&t, verizon, hospital systems, grocery chains.

i went looking for something small and it turns out i’ll be doing something big. very happy right now. i’m not contractually unable to say more or be specific, but…my life is changing as a write. i might actually be the bread winner in the home after all! i’ve swam against the current for 36 yrs, it seems now, as i let myself be myself and chase what i love, the right things are happening at the right time.

crazy thing is- i brought along some of my creative stuff and said fuck it, don’t treat this as an interview just be yourself completely…it was the right thing at the right time. being non-specific about the “what it is” thing, all i can say is…i’m not nervous at all about failing, i’m only excited about the possibilities.

CHEERS AND GOOD LIFTS TO ALL. Merry Mother F’in Christmas to all!

****also - shirt and tie, shaved the beard…well, it’s still a chin stash goat but it’s stubble, matching my dome. SOA beard is rip for awhile it seems :frowning:

it was like 3am before as I wrote…it’s now 8am. You know that feeling…waking up early because your head is on fire, burning w/ ideas. Dropping gf off @ 630am driving home, i found myself recording voice memos on the phone because I didn’t want to forget one idea or concept that I’ve got spinning around my brain at one thousand million miles an hour.

Picture the film “A Beautiful Mind,” only i’m not as crazy, these things ARE real and tangible, and lastly these ideas, while VERY viable, are no where near as smart as Russell Crowe’s were in the film. Upon re-read of this, it does feel/seem a tad crazy, I assure you…it’s mostly sane. I write to myself, checking in w/ my conscious and unconscious, active and passive thinking, internalizing my own ideas and conceptions.

It feels like my old time creative self, except now w/ direction and focus, no drugs, and their isn’t a stripper doubled over sleeping in the corner of my bathroom!!!

Picture the film “A Beautiful Mind,” only i’m not as crazy [/quote]

uh huh… -lol

[quote]
It feels like my old time creative self, except now w/ direction and focus, no drugs, and their isn’t a stripper doubled over sleeping in the corner of my bathroom!!![/quote]

Have you actually checked recently? :slight_smile:

S

Damn, she looks just like scarlett johansen in that picture. Nice catch cyrus, haha.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Damn, she looks just like scarlett johansen in that picture. Nice catch cyrus, haha.[/quote]

way…i see what you did there, you read that i wrote that, then said. the irony is there either way, way.

honestly, some girls get into this because they don’t have a great face so they figure, ok, i’ll have to make my body great, other chicks are dumb ex-cheerleaders.

mine is a ex-athlete, w/ a very pretty face, great body and happens to be wicked smart too. i conditioned her at a young age to like me, the trickery worked. honestly though she has her faults, she doesn’t want to do the sex (hehe) three times a day. sometimes i get none. it seems to flux though…based on my attentiveness to being kind and thoughtful coupled the diminished volume of my douchebaggery.

i’m sort of figuring it out.

jokes…zing, i got em’

BUMP.

so the show is in April, which means we are 13+ weeks out…beginning to drop the carbs a bit w/in her cycle.

here are a few photos, I’ll take and add more soon.

front lat spread

last one for now…gotta run

her back, particularly her waist to clavicle ratio, is her best feature. Very excited for her. Challenging is/will be - being carb/calorie depleted as the months progress and still effectively saving lives in the hospital.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Damn, she looks just like scarlett johansen in that picture. Nice catch cyrus, haha.[/quote]
Couldnt agree more