Cypionate or Androgel?

These are probably really stupid questions, but I’m not real knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff, so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

I’ll be 40 years old next month. I got my T levels checked last summer and they were in the low 200’s. Also I was overweight…6’-3", about 310. But not the fat slob that it sounds like…more of like a football player’s body, big chest, arms, shoulders. etc.

I found a Doc who has a programs I got on board with. Maybe, I’m a sucker, because it seemed pretty expensive, but I signed up for it. It was basically a shot every 14 days of Cypionate(300). Plus, he prescribed this stuff called DHEA cream that you rub on you sides.

He explained it, but I really can’t remember the purpose of that cream. For this, he charged $170 a month. It was cheaper if you signed up for the program and paid it all up front. I can’t remember the price, but I think it was like $500 for 6 months.

Anyway, i started his program in July and had GREAT results with it. Got really strong in the gym. Lost fat without even changing my diet up too much. Upper body changed to more of a “v” look.

Long story short, because of a divorce, I couldn’t really keep paying that money a month and got off in the beginning of december. I talked to my primary Doc about the whole thing with the other Dr, and he thinks the other Doc was scamming me. I just got my Primary Dr. to test my T and, predictably, it was low again, 225. He doesn’t want to do the shots, but prescribed 5G of Androgel(Insurance covered) a day, which I started last week.

I guess I’m skeptical about the gel, because I had such good results with the cypionate. My question is, should I go back to the other Dr. and get back on the cypionate and pay up front the 500 for 6 months, or give the androgel a try for a while?

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it.

This post will be best handled in the “over 35” forum.

Ok, thanks for moving it.

If you read the sticky “TRT protocol” at the top of this forum it will tell you all you need to know…

But no, I personally would not go back to that Dr. Too much money and he doesn’t know what he is doing. 300mg every 14 days is stupid! Once every 7 days minimum with shots, some people do better with 2xweekly shots. I’m fine with once weekly. Did he even test your dhea levels? Stupid to take something before finding if you’re low. My dhea was high. Yu always need to check your E2 estradiol levels which is WAY important… then there’s hcg… oh just read the sticky, ksman is the man on this stuff. :slight_smile:

Gel is fine if you don’t mind the inconveinence AND he checks your E2 levels. It is known to aromatize to estrogen more. I didn’t like it myself.

I get my cyp from samsclub for $42 a bottle with business membership.

[quote]smallville wrote:
If you read the sticky “TRT protocol” at the top of this forum it will tell you all you need to know…

But no, I personally would not go back to that Dr. Too much money and he doesn’t know what he is doing. 300mg every 14 days is stupid! Once every 7 days minimum with shots, some people do better with 2xweekly shots. I’m fine with once weekly. Did he even test your dhea levels? Stupid to take something before finding if you’re low. My dhea was high. Yu always need to check your E2 estradiol levels which is WAY important… then there’s hcg… oh just read the sticky, ksman is the man on this stuff. :slight_smile:

Gel is fine if you don’t mind the inconveinence AND he checks your E2 levels. It is known to aromatize to estrogen more. I didn’t like it myself.

I get my cyp from samsclub for $42 a bottle with business membership.[/quote]

Thanks for the info…Samsclub? You mean from the pharmacy with a prescription from a DR.?

[quote]pullingguard wrote:

[quote]smallville wrote:

I get my cyp from samsclub for $42 a bottle with business membership.[/quote]

Thanks for the info…Samsclub? You mean from the pharmacy with a prescription from a DR.?
[/quote]

yeah Sams Club pharmacy with a valid script. Best deal ever on prescriptions with a business membership.

I used the Gel for 6 months 5 g a day my T went from the low 200s to 601. I did get tired of the daily application of the gel and just started on test enan inj. I have 3 small kids and was concerened with transfer to them. I asked my doc for the inj and she was good with it.