Cycling Variations Feedback

I finished my first year of strength training, just trying a different variation every cycle and focusing on being able to actually do the lifts correctly. Now I want to set up a rotation of variations that I can repeat throughout this next year based on some comments Jim made in another thread - so I made a plan and would like feedback on the approach (basically trying to make certain I’m not setting it up illogically). I just don’t want to have to think after every cycle but like a bit of variation in my supplemental work.

BBB - 1 cycle
Rule of 10 - 1 cycle
Rest Pause - 1 cycle (similar to the challenge)

Then I would repeat the above 3 more times to get a year done.

And if you have questions about the details - all routines are 3 days/week, MLH because that is easier on my joints, deload every 4th week since I recover slowly, accessory work is typical Wendler 6, always superset with main lifts, finish with abs/core.

Does this approach make sense?

Cheers,
Bartmann

Hypertrophy
Strengthish
Hypertrophy

Seems like it could be optimized. You need Forever Boring But Big from Jim’s forum.

Is that similar to the BBB variations stacked together for 27 weeks in Beyond (510 / 55 / 53 / 51)?

Also, wouldn’t something called Forever BBB be hypertrophy all the time? I’ve actually avoided BBB the last year, it was just ‘ok’ for me relative to FSL AMRAP or laddering all the way back down in 10% increments, but AMRAP takes a toll on my immunity system on big lifts, so I can only go at it occasionally.

Scratch the above - I just did a BBB workout and I effing hate it. Now I know why I dropped it, so would alternating between rest pause and rule of 10 make sense?

Check Strength Challange in the Beyond book. It’s awesome.

I’m doing the 5-3 with the way Some Dude once advised someone here:

6 weeks of hypertrophy (ex. BBB, Rest pause)
6 weeks of hypertrophy/strength (ex. FSL, pyramid)
3 weeks of “peaking” (ex. Jokers, TM singles)

I haven’t done this all the way yet, but it feels good and seems logical.

[quote]Rattus wrote:
I’ll do the 5-3 with the way Some Dude once advised someone here:

6 week of hypertrophy (ex. BBB, Rest pause)
6 week of hypertrophy/strength (ex. FSL, pyramid)
3 weeks of “peaking” (ex. Jokers, TM singles)

I’m haven’t done this all the way yet, but it feels good and seems logical.

[/quote]

Thanks, that is similar to what I saw, but what is the rep scheme when they use FSL in this context?

Don’t know.

I’m going to do 1-3 sets of 5. The amount of sets will be done completely by how I feel that day (possibly doing the 5+ week little lighter).

Thanks Rattus, some dude also says to try something for a few cycles and then the alternative and see which works, so I will try a few of those combinations and see what happens.

Cheers.