Cycling Protein ?

i just read an article from a previous issue of t-mag about cycling protein and was just curious if anyone here has tried this and if it really works.

I tried one cycle of four weeks low protein followed by 6 weeks high protein. It didn’t work for me. I did make some gains during the high protein phase, but nothing over and beyond what I’ve normally been making.

I have been cycling protein for a while now. I however simplified the cycle by one week on and one week of supplements. I didn’t notice any particular gains, nor did I lose anything (which is probably more important). I may be more lean though. From what I understand, high levels of protein for long periods of time is not good to take. In addition, I have saved a lot of money.

Show me ANY scientific proof that a high protein diet over an extended period of time with HEALTHY individuals is unhealthy. I would have to be dead to lower my protein intake under 1 gram/pound of bodyweight. I generally shoot for 2-2.5 grams per pound.

Tried it - didn’t gain. On the other hand, I didn’t lose anything either, so it makes me wonder whether high levels of protein are really that necessary for maintenance.