T Nation

Cycling Creatine?

I have heard many different things reguarding creatine use. I was wondering if you should take creatine for three months or something and then not take it for a month?

Or can you take creatine year round?

Thanks!

most use year round. some people take a break for a week or two, i would say a month is excessive.

I think u shouldnt take creatine for a long time without breaks because it’s possible that you can mess with the ability of your body naturally producing creatine.

I would stay away from creatine first because the gains are mostly water, the strength gains are temporary, you gain a lot of weight that can hurt your perfomance in sports, get stretchmarks with the quick volume gains, hurt your liver,…

Don’t be to eager to get the volume, enjoy your strength gains, your protein gains in your muscles instead of glycogen or water, long lasting mass gains with the maxstrength gains is what I personally strive for but respect other views, I’m only talking from my experience.

I took 2kilos of creatine in my life, first time I took it I gain like a mad, people even told me i was taking steroids… for horses! I gain 10 kilos in 2 weeks or so, a lot of strength gains associated with the atp, I think my maximalstrength didnt improve, of course even with one rep, if u can do half rep or so with a heavyweightmaybe with creatine you can finish the rep.

Endurance is a function of strenght and vice-versa…In theory I believe maximalstrenght can be measured only with an infinite small duration of force output.

But back to the point, I think is not worth the excessive volume gained,( my body looked deformed, my neck was as larger or more larger than my head in frontview) the possible sideefects that could exist even though they are not known, and the money u spent on them.
Peace

ignore the last post, the person clearly has no clue what they are talking about.

[quote]old_hitter wrote:
I think u shouldnt take creatine for a long time without breaks because it’s possible that you can mess with the ability of your body naturally producing creatine. [/quote]

WHOOOOA since when does the body create creatine?? it not like a hormone etc we get iot from intake of protein like Beef

BS bro you have some eductaion to do. The added hydration is GOOD unless you are looking to stay in a weight class and are very close to not making it. Hydration of the muscle tissue is positive and shuttles nutrients in and out etc as well as trash.

The strenght gains are NOT temp its from higher ATP stores.

if you gained 22 lbs you were eating like a horse as well or there was more to your creatine then creatine.

Please ppl take this post like a grain of salt and do some research and eductaion of your own on what creatine does.

Phill

[quote]old_hitter wrote:
I think u shouldnt take creatine for a long time without breaks because it’s possible that you can mess with the ability of your body naturally producing creatine.

I would stay away from creatine first because the gains are mostly water, the strength gains are temporary, you gain a lot of weight that can hurt your perfomance in sports, get stretchmarks with the quick volume gains, hurt your liver,…

Don’t be to eager to get the volume, enjoy your strength gains, your protein gains in your muscles instead of glycogen or water, long lasting mass gains with the maxstrength gains is what I personally strive for but respect other views, I’m only talking from my experience.

I took 2kilos of creatine in my life, first time I took it I gain like a mad, people even told me i was taking steroids… for horses! I gain 10 kilos in 2 weeks or so, a lot of strength gains associated with the atp, I think my maximalstrength didnt improve, of course even with one rep, if u can do half rep or so with a heavyweightmaybe with creatine you can finish the rep.

Endurance is a function of strenght and vice-versa…In theory I believe maximalstrenght can be measured only with an infinite small duration of force output.

But back to the point, I think is not worth the excessive volume gained,( my body looked deformed, my neck was as larger or more larger than my head in frontview) the possible sideefects that could exist even though they are not known, and the money u spent on them.
Peace
[/quote]

Creatine has been, for lack of a better term, proven to be safe over years of use. It is found in fairly significant concentrations in meat products.

Creatine doesn’t inhibit gains in any way… if anything, it encourages them. There really isn’t a good reason for a beginner to not take creatine, other than money and the principle of not taking supplements until you reach a certain stage.

Here’s a fully referenced Barrticle discussing cycling, along with safety and health benefits of creatine supplementation: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=768093

David Barr and Phil have it right…

I guess I should clarify a bit more yes our body makes it (creatine) but it doesnt as such produce it from nothing its made from our amino acids we ingest and then stored / used. Or I suppose the body could catabolise our own tissue for said aminos but I think none of us has that as a goal. so the intake is needed be it lots of protein, etc or creatine itself.

Thanks Dave : )

Phill

[quote]old_hitter wrote:
I think u shouldnt take creatine for a long time without breaks because it’s possible that you can mess with the ability of your body naturally producing creatine.

I would stay away from creatine first because the gains are mostly water, the strength gains are temporary, you gain a lot of weight that can hurt your perfomance in sports, get stretchmarks with the quick volume gains, hurt your liver,…

Don’t be to eager to get the volume, enjoy your strength gains, your protein gains in your muscles instead of glycogen or water, long lasting mass gains with the maxstrength gains is what I personally strive for but respect other views, I’m only talking from my experience.

I took 2kilos of creatine in my life, first time I took it I gain like a mad, people even told me i was taking steroids… for horses! I gain 10 kilos in 2 weeks or so, a lot of strength gains associated with the atp, I think my maximalstrength didnt improve, of course even with one rep, if u can do half rep or so with a heavyweightmaybe with creatine you can finish the rep.

Endurance is a function of strenght and vice-versa…In theory I believe maximalstrenght can be measured only with an infinite small duration of force output.

But back to the point, I think is not worth the excessive volume gained,( my body looked deformed, my neck was as larger or more larger than my head in frontview) the possible sideefects that could exist even though they are not known, and the money u spent on them.
Peace
[/quote]

Who in the hell are you? You obviously have some knowledge, albeit bass-ackwards. You only have two posts on this forum, both of which really long, drawn out, and pointless.

You other posts has you creating a complete training program and then asks for people to try it for a coupe months, post pictures, and don’t use creatine to pollute the analysis?

WTF?

[quote]Phill wrote:

WHOOOOA since when does the body create creatine?? it not like a hormone etc we get iot from intake of protein like Beef
[/quote]

Whoooaa lol ignorant remark, but later you correct your opinion, and now you believe the body produces creatine, u already learnt something with my post.

I know they are a result of higher ATP stores and also I know of studies that say increases protein sinthesis, but when you quit taking creatine and after some time if you dont start eating redmeat like a mad( if you were already doing that why buy creatine then?), you will reduce the ATP stores, hence temporary gains! capisce?
About the gains that are not temporary many experts say that it is minimal, u gain a lot of water, a lot of weight, increase strength, and then u stop taking it u lose a large percentage of the volume and other gains, the “real” gains from taking creatine, in protein synthesis are minimal accordingly to many experts.

[quote]
if you gained 22 lbs you were eating like a horse as well or there was more to your creatine then creatine. [/quote]
Yep Dr.House, you got it! I was eating a lot, but not that much… If you were more knowledgeable you would know that creatine intake sensitivity varies among individuals.

Why do you ask people to do something and say please, I only gave my opinion, I didnt ask anybody to believe me, dont u think people are smart enough to not follow one single opinion?! I’m happy you indeed research and found that our body produces creatine.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Who in the hell are you? You obviously have some knowledge, albeit bass-ackwards. You only have two posts on this forum, both of which really long, drawn out, and pointless.

You other posts has you creating a complete training program and then asks for people to try it for a coupe months, post pictures, and don’t use creatine to pollute the analysis?

WTF?[/quote]

Is it important who I am? Are we discussing ideas or people? Dont fall in that logic mistake! Long, drawn out and pointless: subjectiv views with none valid argument, so they are worthless to me.
Nice review of my posts, you are the kind of person that if possible, would analyse all my life to say I’m wrong about something.

[quote]kevbo wrote:
Creatine has been, for lack of a better term, proven to be safe over years of use. It is found in fairly significant concentrations in meat products. [/quote]
You are right, I only said maybe it could mess with the natural ability of the body producing creatine. A full loading of course, if your body has all creatine that it can take from external sources in a long period, I really dont know what can happen… I only made an hypothesis…

[quote]
Creatine doesn’t inhibit gains in any way… if anything, it encourages them. There really isn’t a good reason for a beginner to not take creatine, other than money and the principle of not taking supplements until you reach a certain stage.[/quote]

Maybe a beginner dont want to lose a lot of the volume and other temporary gains after he stops taking creatine.
Peace

[quote]old_hitter wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Who in the hell are you? You obviously have some knowledge, albeit bass-ackwards. You only have two posts on this forum, both of which really long, drawn out, and pointless.

You other posts has you creating a complete training program and then asks for people to try it for a coupe months, post pictures, and don’t use creatine to pollute the analysis?

WTF?

Is it important who I am? Are we discussing ideas or people? Dont fall in that logic mistake! Long, drawn out and pointless: subjectiv views with none valid argument, so they are worthless to me.
Nice review of my posts, you are the kind of person that if possible, would analyse all my life to say I’m wrong about something.[/quote]

So you are admitting you are wrong. Good. That’s the first step. Next would be to learn something prior to posting again.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
So you are admitting you are wrong. Good. That’s the first step. Next would be to learn something prior to posting again.[/quote]

like spelling, grammar, and constructing a logical argument.

old_hitter
your first mistake was posting here on T-Nation when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. There is a lot of research out there on creatine and a lot of articles here to read.
Not to mention the fact that you are obviously way exaggerating your gains

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
So you are admitting you are wrong. Good. That’s the first step. Next would be to learn something prior to posting again.[/quote]

Where did I admit I was wrong Einstein?

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
So you are admitting you are wrong. Good. That’s the first step. Next would be to learn something prior to posting again.

like spelling, grammar, and constructing a logical argument.[/quote]

Where did my logic failed?
About spelling and grammar, I speak some languages, english is not my native tong and I even dont care if I make mistakes in that department so I write quickly and dont care if guys like you disaprove. If there is something you dont understand say so and I can explain, but dont ask me to have perfect grammar and spelling for the sake of it.

[quote]meitl wrote:
old_hitter
your first mistake was posting here on T-Nation when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. There is a lot of research out there on creatine and a lot of articles here to read.
Not to mention the fact that you are obviously way exaggerating your gains[/quote]

I’ve read a lot of articles and studies about creatine even before I took it 7 years ago to find if it was safe. And the research told it was safe put I have some reserves about it, only that, and placed an hypothesis here, I didnt afirm anything wrong, I was talking about possibilties.

Then I told my opinion about it “I wouldnt do it” etc because of the arguments I said. I didnt conclude that all the people should feel the way I feel about it, not all the people have the same concerns or the same goals than me so…
About my experience, I’m the better man to know what I experienced so about that you can’t have certainties so don’t be so dumb to say something is impossible without anything to back it up.

I dont like to waste time with guys that find so many things obvious.
I’ll continue to post here on T-Nation whenever I want so get used to it.

[quote]old_hitter wrote:
Where did my logic failed?
About spelling and grammar, I speak some languages, english is not my native tong and I even dont care if I make mistakes in that department so I write quickly and dont care if guys like you disaprove. If there is something you dont understand say so and I can explain, but dont ask me to have perfect grammar and spelling for the sake of it.[/quote]

english isn’t my native tongue either. your logic failed when you decided to post that utter garbage you call a hypothesis, complete with qualifying words such as “it’s possible” and statements like “I think u shouldn’t” and “I would stay away from”.

that crap has no place in a hypothesis, we are not alchemists in the 16th century. your personal feeling on the issue are irrelevant if they are not backed up by some research, even bad research. even a bad case study, hell there are enough out there.

some of the wild claims you made were even beyond the scare tactics used by those who equated creatine to steroids.

“in theory i believe” that your creatine had dbol in it according to your account. of course in practice i realize that nothing you wrote can be counted upon because your powers of observation allow you only to see what you want to see (cognitive dissonance anyone?). and, your wrong.

that last speeling/grammer mistake was for dave, read his damn article before you start anymore shit.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=768093