[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
^Teeheehee[/quote]

U Jelly?[/quote]
I’m overwhelmed by cuteness lol![/quote]

you did have a very smooshable face, Flip.[/quote]
Teeheeehee

Ok, look. You don’t sound like you have any bodybuilding ambitions. You just want to look “normal”. Stop whining.

At 35, all my friends who don’t train look worse than the guy in the picture. They are, however, much more attractive to the opposite sex than guys in their early 20s because they have lucrative careers and far less insecurities.

Don’t waste your time and effort on something as stupid as this. No one fucking judges you by your shoulder/hip ratio when it comes to important things in life.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
Ok, look. You don’t sound like you have any bodybuilding ambitions. You just want to look “normal”. Stop whining.

At 35, all my friends who don’t train look worse than the guy in the picture. They are, however, much more attractive to the opposite sex than guys in their early 20s because they have lucrative careers and far less insecurities.

Don’t waste your time and effort on something as stupid as this. No one fucking judges you by your shoulder/hip ratio when it comes to important things in life.[/quote]

I’m not whining? Perhaps you guys are misunderstanding my tone. Do you always call things you don’t understand stupid? People are undoubtedly judged on their shoulder/hip ratio, do some research, look around. I’m not trying to be rude but obviously it’s a little frustrating when people who don’t understand the situation are all having a crack.

P.S. I wish I could have bodybuilding ambitions, I love the sport, but I’m being realistic given my genetics. Do you think it’s more admirable to use gear to look like a bodybuilder but not to use it to look like a normal person so youre not laughed at?

[quote]worthashot wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

Don’t waste your time and effort on something as stupid as this. No one fucking judges you by your shoulder/hip ratio when it comes to important things in life.[/quote]

I’m not whining? Perhaps you guys are misunderstanding my tone. Do you always call things you don’t understand stupid? People are undoubtedly judged on their shoulder/hip ratio, do some research, look around. I’m not trying to be rude but obviously it’s a little frustrating when people who don’t understand the situation are all having a crack.

P.S. I wish I could have bodybuilding ambitions, I love the sport, but I’m being realistic given my genetics. Do you think it’s more admirable to use gear to look like a bodybuilder but not to use it to look like a normal person so youre not laughed at?

[/quote]

I honestly know zero people who get laughed at for their appearance, at least by anyone who actually matters in their lives. And I’m still wondering what YOU look like, since you won’t post a picture of yourself, and you said the picture you posted doesn’t actually look like you (your words not mine).

And it’s a moot point anyway, since steroids won’t fix your shoulder/hip ratio anyway.

Do you even know if you have low testosterone now? If you were considering running a cycle to be ‘normal’, wouldn’t it make sense to find out how close to normal your hormones are right now? At least get some bloodwork done if you decide to ignore our advice.

OP:

There is absolutely NOTHING you can do about changing your bone structure, especially through steroid use.

One thing you need to understand though is as a man your appearance is only a PARTIAL perception of your value. Your appearance, financial success and charm/charisma all contribute to how you are perceived. If you were a woman, it would be a different story.

Instead of lamenting over something you cannot control, optimize what you CAN.

1. Blast and cruise (or at least cycle) and aim to aggressively pack muscle on your shoulders, delts and upper back while avoiding any exercises that make your waist look thicker. Some people find back squats and deadlifts cause their waist to thicken, monitor it closely.

2. You mentioned fashion, and yes you cannot completely hide your proportions through clothing, but are you at least maximizing what clothes can do for your appearance?

3. Fix your mindset. The idea that your appearance makes up the bulk of your value is a feminized belief. Are your proactively building up yourself not only physically but also socially and financially? Do you routinely go out and socialize with people especially women? Do you even give people the opportunity to reject you or do you just assume you will be rejected because of your bone structure?

Also at 25+ women become even less appearance driven and look at men more holistically. You will start to be judged MORE on where you’re going in life and your ability to socialize and LESS on your looks.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
OP:

There is absolutely NOTHING you can do about changing your bone structure, especially through steroid use.

One thing you need to understand though is as a man your appearance is only a PARTIAL perception of your value. Your appearance, financial success and charm/charisma all contribute to how you are perceived. If you were a woman, it would be a different story.

1. Blast and cruise (or at least cycle) and aim to aggressively pack muscle on your shoulders, delts and upper back while avoiding any exercises that make your waist look thicker. Some people find back squats and deadlifts cause their waist to thicken, monitor it closely.

2. You mentioned fashion, and yes you cannot completely hide your proportions through clothing, but are you at least maximizing what clothes can do for your appearance?

3. Fix your mindset. The idea that your appearance makes up the bulk of your value is a feminized belief. Are your proactively building up yourself not only physically but also socially and financially? Do you routinely go out and socialize with people especially women? Do you even give people the opportunity to reject you or do you just assume you will be rejected because of your bone structure?

Also at 25+ women become even less appearance driven and look at men more holistically. You will start to be judged MORE on where you’re going in life and your ability to socialize and LESS on your looks.

[/quote]
Why the fuck are you telling him to blast and cruise when he’s asking about increasing the width of his BONES with gh?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]worthashot wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[/quote]

I honestly know zero people who get laughed at for their appearance, at least by anyone who actually matters in their lives. And I’m still wondering what YOU look like, since you won’t post a picture of yourself, and you said the picture you posted doesn’t actually look like you (your words not mine).

And it’s a moot point anyway, since steroids won’t fix your shoulder/hip ratio anyway.

Do you even know if you have low testosterone now? If you were considering running a cycle to be ‘normal’, wouldn’t it make sense to find out how close to normal your hormones are right now? At least get some bloodwork done if you decide to ignore our advice.[/quote]

My test is fine now, within the normal range, when I say “normal” i mean looking normal not my hormone levels, the reason I was interested in HGH or AAS was to try to stimulate the extra growth not to balance more hormones.

It’s not that i’m ignoring your advice, it’s all sound advice, but it’s things i’m already doing and have been doing for the last 6 years. I know a lot of this might seem really silly, but it’s a big issue for me and I dont want to leave any stone unturned. If it turns out that it’s impossible, which it most likely is then i’ll have to deal with that. But for now I’m trying everything I can, I’m prepared to suffer the consequences if I mess my self up in the process. Thanks for all the replies so far.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
OP:

[/quote]

Thanks for the thought out reply, yeah i’m doing all of the above except for #1, and i’m passing it off years of experience. Society places a lot more value on appearance than you might think, I know it’s obvious to a degree but it goes beyond that, If you like I could link some studies, but there’s countless studies showing people trust people with more symmetrical features, find better looking people more likeable, let them get away with more, etc, etc, and correlations between chin size and ceo’s, etc, too many to list. I’m not trying to change your mind i’m just saying as a result of my appearance I’ve had to suffer a lot in my life, i’m not blaming anyone, i’m not asking for sympathy, all i’m doing is that I have a problem, and I am doing what I can to fix it.

[quote]worthashot wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
OP:

[/quote]

Thanks for the thought out reply, yeah i’m doing all of the above except for #1, and i’m passing it off years of experience. Society places a lot more value on appearance than you might think, I know it’s obvious to a degree but it goes beyond that, If you like I could link some studies, but there’s countless studies showing people trust people with more symmetrical features, find better looking people more likeable, let them get away with more, etc, etc, and correlations between chin size and ceo’s, etc, too many to list. I’m not trying to change your mind i’m just saying as a result of my appearance I’ve had to suffer a lot in my life, i’m not blaming anyone, i’m not asking for sympathy, all i’m doing is that I have a problem, and I am doing what I can to fix it.
[/quote]

I 100% agree with you about looks, after all we are posting on a bodybuilding/physique enhancement site for christ’s sake.

What I’m trying to say is that you are under estimating how much acting charismatic and overconfident can make up for physical aesthetic deficiencies in men. Your post wreaks of insecurity and dogging you just as much as your propotions.

Check this study:

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v477/n7364/full/nature10384.html?WT.ec_id=NATURE-20110915

Here’s an excerpt:

“Some authors have suggested that not just confidence but overconfidenceâ??believing you are better than you are in realityâ??is advantageous because it serves to increase ambition, morale, resolve, persistence or the credibility of bluffing, generating a self-fulfilling prophecy in which exaggerated confidence actually increases the probability of success. However, overconfidence also leads to faulty assessments, unrealistic expectations and hazardous decisions, so it remains a puzzle how such a false belief could evolve or remain stable in a population of competing strategies that include accurate, unbiased beliefs. Here we present an evolutionary model showing that, counterintuitively, overconfidence maximizes individual fitness and populations tend to become overconfident, as long as benefits from contested resources are sufficiently large compared with the cost of competition.”

It looks like we’re mostly moving away from the drug question, which is probably a good thing.

I’m of the opinion that most people don’t know how to dress for their bodies. Women are so bad about this. They jump on whatever fashion trend they happen to like, and ignore the fact that not all trends work for all bodies. Men make the same mistakes too, it just doesn’t seem to be as bad… usually. There are looks that can work for everyone, you just have to figure out what they are for you. Maybe jackets would serve you well, as they can mask the shoulder-hip ratio issues you believe you have.