Cycle Proposal: Masteron for First Cycle?

Hello, I considered starting my 1st cycle about a year ago but decided to hold off and do a lot more research before using something as potentially dangerous as steroids. After so much reading I’ve found that a lot of sources say a lot of different things but I’ve tried to weed out the bad info and I’ve found that many of the posters here are exceptionally educated and mature on the subject. With that said, I was hoping to ask what many of you think about this cycle, most notably for a new user.

I have my training and diet down (been training for 8 years now) and want to take my dedication to bodybuilding to a new level that I believe I’m ready for. I’m 5’ 11" and about 201lbs at 9% and bulking. What do you guys think about:

W 1-6 Mast prop 185mg EOD (650mg/week)
W 7-8 Nolva 40mg/day
W 9-10 Nolva 20mg/day

I decided on masteron because of it’s mild side effects. I know it’s not a drug that will provide the gains of test or dbol but I just want to experiment with the concept of using (having to pin, side effects, lifestyle changes, etc). I also don’t want to start off with multiple drugs as I’d prefer to ease into using; take the slow and safe approach. The main thing I’m concerned about is the PCT. Does it look ok? Can you suggest anything better? An AI is not useful in this case, correct? And since it’s such a short cycle, should I bother using HCG? Do you think it’d be relevant to use here?

Thank you all who’ve taken the time to read this. I’d appreciate any input and am very open to suggestions.

-Jack

What do you mean that you want to take your bodybuilding to a new level? If you’re just looking for additional strength and to get ripped (your bf% seems low) then you’re cycle could be useful but it’s pretty short.

It would probably make more sense for you to run one of the longer estered forms of Test if this is your first cycle. Here’s why: First off, Test will be more likely to take you to the “next level” with noticeable increases in size and strength. Secondly, depending on the ester that you choose, you will be able to pin less frequently. This will achieve your objective of getting used to the pinning aspect. For somebody that is reluctant to pin, EOD could be unpleasant. Thirdly, if you only want to run 1 compound, Test is the best. It should be included in any cycle (or run alone).

Of course you should run it with an AI proactively.

I’m not an authority on the subject but that’s my opinion from what I’ve learned.

EDIT

BTW - I would go for at least 8 weeks, take HCG during the cycle and do a generous amount of Test. There’s no point in shutting down your HPTA with an “introductory” amount of Test. People think that because they are AAS virgins they should start with minute amounts to ease into it. Take all the necessary precautions and do it right the first time.

[quote]Jacked fibraz wrote:
Hello, I considered starting my 1st cycle about a year ago but decided to hold off and do a lot more research before using something as potentially dangerous as steroids. After so much reading I’ve found that a lot of sources say a lot of different things but I’ve tried to weed out the bad info and I’ve found that many of the posters here are exceptionally educated and mature on the subject. With that said, I was hoping to ask what many of you think about this cycle, most notably for a new user.

I have my training and diet down (been training for 8 years now) and want to take my dedication to bodybuilding to a new level that I believe I’m ready for. I’m 5’ 11" and about 201lbs at 9% and bulking. What do you guys think about:

W 1-6 Mast prop 185mg EOD (650mg/week)
W 7-8 Nolva 40mg/day
W 9-10 Nolva 20mg/day

I decided on masteron because of it’s mild side effects. I know it’s not a drug that will provide the gains of test or dbol but I just want to experiment with the concept of using (having to pin, side effects, lifestyle changes, etc). I also don’t want to start off with multiple drugs as I’d prefer to ease into using; take the slow and safe approach. The main thing I’m concerned about is the PCT. Does it look ok? Can you suggest anything better? An AI is not useful in this case, correct? And since it’s such a short cycle, should I bother using HCG? Do you think it’d be relevant to use here?

Thank you all who’ve taken the time to read this. I’d appreciate any input and am very open to suggestions.

-Jack[/quote]

So what you’re saying is you want to waste your first and potentially best cycle because you are afraid of sides that you don’t have to suffer with proper use of ancillaries? Okay.

Have fun with that.

If you are looking for a way to ‘ease’ into AAS use, there is no better way than with Test. In fact, I don’t see why you, or anyone else, would chose to run solo Masteron at all. I’ve never ran it but the general consensus, from what I’ve read, is that Masteron is optimally ran with aromatizable compounds - obvious choice would be Testosterone. As I understand it, it is a class I steroid which should always be ran with a Class II steroid cough Testosterone cough.

Again, if you only want to run one compound (good idea IMO), and are looking for a good beginner route, why not the standard 500mg/week of Test? I also recommend adding an AI for estrogen control (got it right this time, eh Cortes?) and hCG to keep your testes from losing mass while on cycle but that’s just me.

It’s a nice, safe, simple cycle that has been run a gazillion times by noobs everywhere. When I ran it I hardly had any noticeable sides at all and if I knew what I do now I probably could have reduced/eliminated those as well.

[quote]BL4DE wrote:
If you are looking for a way to ‘ease’ into AAS use, there is no better way than with Test. In fact, I don’t see why you, or anyone else, would chose to run solo Masteron at all. I’ve never ran it but the general consensus, from what I’ve read, is that Masteron is optimally ran with aromatizable compounds - obvious choice would be Testosterone. As I understand it, it is a class I steroid which should always be ran with a Class II steroid cough Testosterone cough.

Again, if you only want to run one compound (good idea IMO), and are looking for a good beginner route, why not the standard 500mg/week of Test? I also recommend adding an AI for estrogen control (got it right this time, eh Cortes?) and hCG to keep your testes from losing mass while on cycle but that’s just me.

It’s a nice, safe, simple cycle that has been run a gazillion times by noobs everywhere. When I ran it I hardly had any noticeable sides at all and if I knew what I do now I probably could have reduced/eliminated those as well.[/quote]

It’s not just a noob cycle. Soon I’ll be doing a 500mg 8 weeker of good ole T. :wink:
I want to really test the ‘less is more’ waters.

[quote]BL4DE wrote:

It’s a nice, safe, simple cycle that has been run a gazillion times by noobs everywhere. When I ran it I hardly had any noticeable sides at all and if I knew what I do now I probably could have reduced/eliminated those as well.[/quote]

Yup. Good post.

Judging by his username he most likely comes from the bb.com forums- hence the well thought out cycle plan.

I would add a some test and run your cycle longer. Also Mast seems to make me a little agro but I like it. I’m not sure you’ll get a lot gains from a mast only cycle. Personally I’m not a test only fan. My gains where not that lean as compared to being stacked with an anabolic like EQ, but that’s just me…

I think test and mast is a decent first cycle (for the record I agree with the keep it simple approach on your first so I would first and foremost recommend test only at 500mg/w with low dose adex and HCG during the cycle)…if you are dead set on doing masteron then I say stack them and make the most of this sucker…you could run the test at about 300-500mg/w and the mast at 200-300mg/w depending on the kind of results you were looking for…if you are running the test in the 400-500mg/w level then I would use a low dose AI as well if you are concerned about E sides.

Thank you all very much for the replies. I’ll do the smart thing and listen to all you who obviously have more experience on the subject than I do.

So how would a cycle like this look then?

W 1-8 Test prop 500mg/wk
W 1-6 adex .25 mg eod
W 3-8 Hcg 250iu e4d
3 days clean
day 4 nolva 100mg
days 5-14 nolva 60mg
days 15-24 nolva 40mg

In regards to the the Test E recs, I really am stuck on doing shorter cycles. From all the opinions I’ve gathered and reading I’ve done, I think it’s the way to go. After my first, I’ll obviously be able to better judge for myself but until then, 8 weeks is my max

Again, thank you all sincerely for your help.

I sincerely thought you were a troll. Good to know you are open to the suggestions you asked to hear. Most low-post-count cycle-proposal guys who aren’t even trolls still already have their minds made up that they know everything. Sounds like you’ll be okay.

Your cycle’s almost there. Run the adex from week 2 to 8, and you may need to bump it up, but you may not. I don’t think your PCT needs to be that aggressive. Nolva at 40/40/20/20 should be plenty. Honestly 8 weeks of prop at 500mg/w is not a short cycle. In my opinion, it is a really nice one. How often do you plan to inject? I hope at least EOD, with ED being optimal.

Nice first cycle. I’m happy to have been proven wrong. Good luck.

See, this forum’s not such a shark tank :wink: