Cycle for More Leg Mass?

That can’t be natural!

Those quads are massive. I wouldn’t recommend cycling for quad mass though. I’m sure he trains with weights too and you most likely don’t have his genetics.

• the first pic looks morfed.

Awesome.

Well, that title was a little misleading. Haha.

that dude cycles while cycling

he also squats

[quote]Anus Bleach wrote:
that dude cycles while cycling
[/quote]

yodawg.jpg

I think he is saying “dat dude cycles roidzZz while cycling!!!”

One of the contributors actually submitted an article about cycling and quad size; I’ll try to find it.

Edit, found it:

The great Olympic athlete Eric Heiden would squat 205 lbs… for 300 reps! He leg pressed 500 lbs for 100 reps! Eric weighed 185 and had 29" thighs.

ERIC HEIDEN: “When I was skating, there was ice only for a really short period of time. So we would have to do a lot of other cross training type things. I’d enjoyed cycling very much that is why I got into cycling. We used to lift weights a couple of times a week, we did a lot of running. I enjoyed the variety. All those things I enjoyed doing. I certainly wouldn’t want to do one all the time, but to have the variety and the camaraderie with my teammates; it was a lot of fun. We did a lot of squats, step-ups. We never did a lot of weights, but a lot of repetitions. The most I would use doing squats was 300 pounds. That was it.”

The guy squats a lot. Vid of him doing 250kg x 2 on the net.

Who knows the doping history of this cyclist so won’t go there but we all know people who played soccer in high school and have great legs. They didn’t practice progressive overload with heavier and heavier weights. They just ran around a lot on their toes often. I’m going to give the hill sprints drill a shot in addition to my usual leg training for a while. Personally, the split i like the most and always come back to is a 4 day split

Day 1: Chest and bis
Day 2: Back and Tris
Day 3: Shoulders
Day 4: Legs

My shoulders and tris get hit in some way 3 out of 4 days. I press 3 out of 4 days usually since i like to do CGBP on tri day. My tris and shoulders are my best bodyparts. My upper legs are the worst. I’ve gotten some nice calf growth from running on my toes in addition to traditional calf raises.

For some people and some muscle groups… i think frequency and volume are like magic. I kinda allready came to this conclusion on my own and was allready planning on doing legs 3x a week after the summer and putting upper body on maintanance for a bit but I think i’ll throw in those 5 min drills starting now to see if it sparks up any nice changes.

I don’t get the whole lets look at athletes with big body parts and replicate their sport in the gym for more growth, be it cycling/gymnastics/etc. You know who else has pretty big legs? Bodybuilders. I wonder what they do.

[quote]Iron_Made wrote:
I don’t get the whole lets look at athletes with big body parts and replicate their sport in the gym for more growth, be it cycling/gymnastics/etc. You know who else has pretty big legs? Bodybuilders. I wonder what they do.[/quote]

I promised myself I wouldn’t post here anymore, but this post is the best, THE BEST I’ve seen out of this site, you sir, are a gentleman and a schoolar.

I say, well done chap.

[quote]Iron_Made wrote:
I don’t get the whole lets look at athletes with big body parts and replicate their sport in the gym for more growth, be it cycling/gymnastics/etc. You know who else has pretty big legs? Bodybuilders. I wonder what they do.[/quote]

Tom Platz used to ride his bike for a few miles everyday on top of his leg workouts didn’t he?

[quote]ESX wrote:

[quote]Iron_Made wrote:

Tom Platz used to ride his bike for a few miles everyday on top of his leg workouts didn’t he? [/quote]

And ronnie coleman jerked off twice a day…must be the reason he had huge forearms =/

I agree with Iron_Made’s statement 100% but I don’t think anyone has written that bodybuilding doesn’t build muscle. A smart bodybuilder will keep his eyes open to what works for them and make observations on what works for others to help them achieve their goals.

[quote]DJS wrote:
I agree with Iron_Made’s statement 100% but I don’t think anyone has written that bodybuilding doesn’t build muscle. A smart bodybuilder will keep his eyes open to what works for them and make observations on what works for others to help them achieve their goals.[/quote]

Thing is that so many people are happy to stick with what works, rather than see if they can find something that wroks better! If Christopher Columbus hadn’t decided to sail west to the East Indies, and followed the tried and tested trade routes to the east. He would have never discovered America. This means you lot probably would still be living in tents and sending smoke signals.

Training legs with heavy weights, and then light, very high reps (100+) could work well. Probably does for some people. Then again it might not.

Discuss, or act douchy on internet again?

[quote]ESX wrote:

[quote]DJS wrote:
I agree with Iron_Made’s statement 100% but I don’t think anyone has written that bodybuilding doesn’t build muscle. A smart bodybuilder will keep his eyes open to what works for them and make observations on what works for others to help them achieve their goals.[/quote]

Thing is that so many people are happy to stick with what works, rather than see if they can find something that wroks better! If Christopher Columbus hadn’t decided to sail west to the East Indies, and followed the tried and tested trade routes to the east. He would have never discovered America. This means you lot probably would still be living in tents and sending smoke signals.

Training legs with heavy weights, and then light, very high reps (100+) could work well. Probably does for some people. Then again it might not.

Discuss, or act douchy on internet again? [/quote]

Or maybe gtfo from the bodybuilding forum?

[quote]ESX wrote:
[/quote]

lol at ridiculous analogy which doesn’t even make sense.