T Nation

Cycle for Athletic Purposes

I am running my first cycle in 2 weeks, it is a relatively short cycle of Test E and Dbol that will last 7 weeks. I expect during this cycle i will gain a hefty amount of weight. As I currently weigh 255 @ 6’2", I assume i will hit somewhere around 270. Hopefully i will keep my leanness somewhat during this cycle.

I look forward to the weight and strength gain of this cycle, but i would prefer any subsequent cycles to not cause such a dramatic weight gain. I would like to keep my weight around the 260 range, as to much size could hinder my sports performance and make me to large for my position.

My question is, what would be a good cycle to gain lots of strength with not to much weight gain? My goal will be pure performance gains, i want to break a 650lbs squat. I also have to keep up in my conditioning to some extent. I was originally thinking of a Test P and Tren cycle, but I have heard Tren negatively effects cardio. I also would prefer to keep them relatively short, like 6-8 weeks as to not make recovery to difficult. I know all cycles are based upon some sort of Test ester, but I have no idea what would be a good androgen to add to test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

IME -

Test at 250mg a week with:

Masteron at 700mg or
Stanazolol at 350-525mg/wk. or
Nandrolone at 2-300mg/wk

I have a good body comp gain on these drugs when dosed high and with a little T (i feel best on these type of cycles but for the time being have to endure more uncomfortable runs for my own personal goals).

Then you also have Boldenone, Primobolan, Oxandrolone, etc which will all be fine too.

Of course, you would find 200~300mg of Test an EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE ENHANCER… more energy, strength, focus, drive, ambition, confidence… but really hardly fuck all bad (BP and Lipid over time)

Based solely on personal experience, I’d say that tales of diminished cardio whilst on tren are exaggerated.

Now, I don’t tend to feel particularly motivated to put in that extra workout running stairs or something after lifting and walking my dogs earlier etc…, but when I follow through and do that cardio workout it’s never a big deal.

If this is really for athletic purposes, I’d avoid stanozolol. It tends to make tendons more brittle, not a good thing for athletes. Try anavar instead. Enhances collagen synthesis.

[quote]JohnnyChainsaw wrote:
If this is really for athletic purposes, I’d avoid stanozolol. It tends to make tendons more brittle, not a good thing for athletes. Try anavar instead. Enhances collagen synthesis. [/quote]

I cant attest to anavar, but I know from my experience that winny is indeed hard on the joints (especially in contact sports).

[quote]J-J wrote:
IME -

Test at 250mg a week with:

Masteron at 700mg or
Stanazolol at 350-525mg/wk. or
Nandrolone at 2-300mg/wk

I have a good body comp gain on these drugs when dosed high and with a little T (i feel best on these type of cycles but for the time being have to endure more uncomfortable runs for my own personal goals).

Then you also have Boldenone, Primobolan, Oxandrolone, etc which will all be fine too.

Of course, you would find 200~300mg of Test an EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE ENHANCER… more energy, strength, focus, drive, ambition, confidence… but really hardly fuck all bad (BP and Lipid over time)[/quote]

Looks like some good advice. I do have access to Mast Prop, but at only taking 250 mg a week of Test would you recommend Test P or Test E? I was thinking Test P, but if you are taking Mast P everyday, it might be hard to break up 250 over 7 doses. I guess i could just do it every other day.

I don’t have access to Primo or Anavar, and i would prefer to stay away from Winny for tendon strength reasons.

What are your thoughts on how harsh Masteron is on the body?

Based on my own it is far from exaggerated. As you can correctly assume for this and all drugs - the effects will vary by user.

It also increases tendon strength, but through this is said to increase brittleness - injury is NOT common from single short cycles at all, in fact i have never heard of this happening.

Plus it greatly depends on the diet and exercise (age, etc…) of the individual too.

In short, a single cycle of Stan is not likely to be a problem.

That is really not an issue. Honestly either. If i have no Test Prop and am running a short estered AAS, I inject the Enanthate daily.
But for simplicity you could use prop esters together and Enanthate esters together. No difference worth mentioning.

Someone recently mentioned they disbelieved the ‘myth’ that shorter esters hold less water - this is true and false… what IS the deciding factor is the frequency of injections coupled with the dose of said injections (leading to greater levels of aromatisation).

Mate, don’t sweat the small stuff. Not only is is perfectly possible to inject 0.36ml ED… it is fine to use 30mg a day for a total of 210mg.[quote]

I don’t have access to Primo or Anavar, and i would prefer to stay away from Winny for tendon strength reasons.[/quote]

No problem, but you should look into that a little more, as i explained above.[quote]

What are your thoughts on how harsh Masteron is on the body?[/quote]

I don’t consider Drostanolone Propionate to be a harsh drug… its androgenic impact on the health is negated somewhat by its inability to aromatise - HOWEVER of course this will not be the same when used with high doses of aromatising steroids.

It is much more tolerable than Trenbolone for example… even at 200% of the dose.

On this site - people seem to have different definitions for the word harsh, but i personally consider it to be something that is rough (on the body), corrosive and such.
For this reason i consider prostate hypertrophy and increased blood pressure ‘harsher’ than fat deposits and gynecomastia.

Thanks for the feedback J-J.

[quote]missinglink wrote:
JohnnyChainsaw wrote:
If this is really for athletic purposes, I’d avoid stanozolol. It tends to make tendons more brittle, not a good thing for athletes. Try anavar instead. Enhances collagen synthesis.

I cant attest to anavar, but I know from my experience that winny is indeed hard on the joints (especially in contact sports). [/quote]

I concur… 3rd 2nd degree hamstring tear this year while on heavy amounts of winny… Its a nogo for the sudden bursts of energy needed in sports… I would post pics of that nasty bruise I acquired but I totally forgot to take em… :frowning: