Cycle For a 41 Year Old

As way of background, I am 41, 6 foot and 195 with about a 12% BF. I have been lifting since I was 18, although I am neither a competitive bodybuilder nor powerlifter. I have always lifted for general fitness and strength.

My natural Testosterone recently tested as follows:

Total 474 (range of 250-1,100)
Free 102.4 (range 35-155)

This BW was after a cycle of Alpha Male, which raised my total T by 60 points and free T by 21 points from my original BW. I consider those a good result from my Alpha Male cycle, but I want to go further.

I started doing some boxing and BJJ about 6 months ago as well. I am making progress, but I still suck (I just suck less now) and have been plagued by shoulder tendentious. My goals is to gain some sustainable strength, some slight size and (hopefully) get some help with the tendentious. I don?t want to severely bloat or gain lots of weight.

I cycled once back in my 20s, but that was decades ago. Based on my reading, a classic first cycle is 8-10 weeks of weekly 500mg injections of Test Cyp Or E along with an anti-estrogen post cycle.

At my age, I worry about using Test because of the strong androgenic properties. Specifically, I am worried about prostate hypertrophy (when middle aged, it is an issue) and lowering my natural T production long-term, even after PCT.

Equipoise looks like a cleaner alternative (although without the bulking) with a far less androgenic effect (which is both good and bad, of course). However, it seems like most everyone runs EQ stacked with Test C or E.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Maybe try Sustanon 250 instead of straight Test E? I remember reading that it’s original use was for Hormone Replacement Theory - which is what it sounds like the goal of this cycle is. I’ve also heard that it has less of a chance of gyno, but I can’t gauruntee that.

It’s not a good idea to do any cycle at any age w/ out Test. Deca is known to be helpful when dealing w/ joint pain. I would go with 400-500mg of test/wk and 500-600mg of Deca/wk.

Using AI like arimidex or aromasin should keep estrogen in place, and thus help with the prostate issue.

I wished Stallone or Arnold posted here! We’d sure get precious info for the aged gentlemen.

[quote]SwD wrote:
Using AI like arimidex or aromasin should keep estrogen in place, and thus help with the prostate issue.

[/quote]

That is right on the money. Elevated E2 levels are a major cause of prostate problems. Note that T levels are low in older men who are having BPH. Keeping E2 in check with an AI during the cycle will reduce the risks.

Thanks for the replies.

Your goals aren’t huge, so go light.

200mg test-e
400mg Deca or EQ

As for the androgenic side effects, you should be taking stinging nettle and saw palmetto 3 times a day religiously.

200mg test a week with 400mg deca a week?

bye bye mr erection…

That’s a terrible cycle IMO

maybe reverse those doses and try again?

500mg test E EW 14 weeks and optional would be 300mg deca E week 10-12 weeks, that would be better IMO

[quote]Future2501 wrote:

200mg test-e
400mg Deca or EQ

As for the androgenic side effects, you should be taking stinging nettle and saw palmetto 3 times a day religiously.

[/quote]

I am 42. I can sympathize with the OP’s situation.

The cycle quoted above is NOT what you want to be doing.

A simple test only cycle with proper AI usage will change your life.

Be very careful about adding the deca, and NEVER use more deca than test - your wife will think you went gay…nttawwt.

Take from a guy who has been there - test will change your life.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Future2501 wrote:

200mg test-e
400mg Deca or EQ

I am 42. I can sympathize with the OP’s situation.

The cycle quoted above is NOT what you want to be doing.

A simple test only cycle with proper AI usage will change your life.

Be very careful about adding the deca, and NEVER use more deca than test - your wife will think you went gay…nttawwt.

Take from a guy who has been there - test will change your life. [/quote]

Thanks RJ. I may send you a PM with specific cycle questions for old guys if that’s cool.

[quote]Future2501 wrote:

200mg test-e
400mg Deca or EQ

[/quote]

200 test-e/400 deca?
This ratio is way off
Deca is good but he’ll have to run the test out 5 weeks minimum ect and i dont think you want something more complicated like that.

Eq is good but plan on using it 12 weeks so you see its full benefits

-I think Test prop and anavar are great, if you dont like eod injections then you could use a longer ester for the test.

[quote]chpga wrote:
Thanks RJ. I may send you a PM with specific cycle questions for old guys if that’s cool. [/quote]

Yes - anytime.