Cycle for a 17 Year Old Baseball Player?

So say I know a 17 year old baseball player entering his senior year offseason. He has offers to play college ball and if all goes well he will be at a minimum of div 3 level.

Using roids in the offseason leading up to his twelve grade year, would it fuck the kid up health wise to take a stack of winny or anavar or whatever the kid finds to be the best after research is done… the kid has been working out through highschool on a westside prgram.

the risks of a seventeen year old administering exogenous hormones, far outweigh any possible benefits.
So yes, the chances of ‘fuck the kid up health wise’ are more than likely.
Please advise your ‘friend’ to not take steroids.

[quote]testanabol wrote:
the risks of a seventeen year old administering exogenous hormones, far outweigh any possible benefits.
So yes, the chances of ‘fuck the kid up health wise’ are more than likely.
Please advise your ‘friend’ to not take steroids.[/quote]

Especially when he has to have his “friend” ask for advice for him.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Well lets look at it from a slightly different angle:

I don’t know enough about US sporting heirachy to know how far a ‘div 3’ player could take himself in terms of earning potential and lifetime achievments.

Therefore I’m not saying that my POV is valid, just something to consider.

If at 17, your ‘friend’ has the possibility of providing a decent standard of living through baseball in his adult years, then it may be justifiable for him to use steroids, although that would be ‘cheating’ and is something he must learn to deal with in his own mind.

If your ‘friend’ simply wants to pack more oomph into his game as a hobby or purely for recreation, then no, steroids are in no way justified at his age.

Bushy[/quote]

Yeah… but I was thinking along the lines that the dude probably has no idea what he’s doing with a cycle.
If he’s 17 and just starting think about steroids, he won’t be ready until he’s 19, because it takes a long time to learn as mnuch as you need to know, IMO.

A player going ‘minimum of division 3 if all goes well’ will never compete at a level high enough to warrant putting his young health at risk.

Bushy, the heirarchy is

D1-A
D1-AA
D2
D3
NAIA

Meaning, it is certainly not worth it for him.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

If at 17, your ‘friend’ has the possibility of providing a decent standard of living through baseball in his adult years,

Bushy[/quote]

Take this from a former high school athlete who went through the recruiting process.

At the stated level, there is no chance in hell for what I quoted above. And steroids deffinitely won’t get you there.

Yep… GetSwole is right.

Bushy isn’t from USA though so he didn’t know.

I know, I was just clearin’ it up.

By the way im talking about me, not a friend i just put it on so i didnt get critized harshly like in other forums… yea so ive talked to d1 schools just academically many of the ones interested in me are not where i want them to be, thus the d-3 option… is thier a good chance of playing a high level pro ball… no, but pro ball could be in the future at some point, maybe even a draft and follow depending on the 12th grade year. Still, in baseball being drafted leaves you less than a 2% chance of making a living… Anyone I’ve done some research, Im moreso worried health wise thats the reason I heard anavar is good, money isnt an issue a

We know it’s you, not a friend, lol.

I’m 19, you don’t think I used to do that, too?

It’s all about how you carry yourself. You’re listening, so you won’t get flamed.

If money isn’t an option, I would suggest hiring a personal baseball trainer.

Baseball skill, not fitness, is what will get you drafted.

Randy Johnson, Mo Vaughn… those guys aren’t Giambi’s or anything.

If you’re going to go for it anyway, take it from me, oral’s only aren’t the way to go.

You have got to be kidding me…

Don’t do it. Trust me. If you’re going D3 there’s no way in hell you’re going to get drafted.

When’s that Steroid Cell coming in…

Gotta agree with Schmazz.

We a graduated we a couple of draftees.

They were skinny and weak.

Meaning, focus on getting better at baseball and a trainer as mentioned. Steroids will not help you for what you want, but they could potentially fuck you up. Listen to me man, I was there just 2 years ago, same type of shit, just for football instead of baseball.

[quote]Schmazz wrote:
You have got to be kidding me…

Don’t do it. Trust me. If you’re going D3 there’s no way in hell you’re going to get drafted.

When’s that Steroid Cell coming in…[/quote]

D3 players rarely get drafted.

I don’t think they’re getting a cell. I hope not, I probably won’t be included and then there won’t be advice for us novices.

Manup check out this article, I think it’ll help you with some good information in regards to a lot of questions you may have regarding steroids. T-Nation is a great resource but decisions like this can have outcomes you may regret. You are a young kid, training for a very specific goal. My advice is to research and max out your training naturally before you move forward with a cycle. Good luck with it all

There will be no cell. I would say that this is rather obvious.

If we cant post a brand name, UGL name, reseach lab company or photos of products then we wont get an unmoderated forum.

To the OP:
We all knew there was no friend. Overall using any type of enhancement product at your age is a bad idea. Its definatly not an option to go play some baseball at a higher hobby level.

you should go to junior college and play a couple years if your best bet for now is D-3…worked for me and plenty others, 5 or 6 of my teammates are in pro ball already

draft and follow doesn’t exist anymore btw

I agree with the above post, JUCO would be a better route. Two years there, and maybe your DI material. Then you still got 4 years eligibility. I’m going through the whole recruiting process with my son right now. It can be pretty daunting to say the least.

Oh, on the steroid front, I know a kid that did exactly what you are proposing, 2 months into the school year he decided he had to go back “on”. He did have a great senior year, but he was on steroids the whole year. He is playing JUCO ball right now in Dallas. My point though, he feels he has to be on steroids to play. If you go that route, don’t think it’s a one time thing, it rarely is. Personally, I don’t think the kid needed it, he was getting looks before he was on steroids, he had the skills.