T Nation

CYC Shatters IPF World Records VIDEO!

Today Carl Yngvar Christensen (CYC) shattered the sub-junior IPF SHW world record with a total of 901 kg. He didn’t only crush the total record but he also set new world records in all 3 lifts.

In the squat he set a new world record in his second lift with 338.5 kg, in the third lift he improved his record with 350 kg monster world record. In the bench he set a new world record by 1 kg, lifting 233,5.

In the deadlift he set an easy world record in his opener at 290 kg and followed up with improving the new world record two times with a 310 kg second lift and a 317,5 third lift.

In summary he got 9/9 lifts in this meet and set 7 new world records (2 in the squat, 1 in the bench, 3 in the deadlift, and the total record).

Video:

Holy shit…

I assume that’s a 233.5kg bench???

Absolutely sick lifting. Is this the kid there was that vid floating about of a while ago? Blonde haired guy wearing Metal gear?

[quote]Hanley wrote:
I assume that’s a 233.5kg bench???

Absolutely sick lifting. Is this the kid there was that vid floating about of a while ago? Blonde haired guy wearing Metal gear?[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZHgLML9WeM

Wow.

Viking genes ftw.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
I assume that’s a 233.5kg bench???

Absolutely sick lifting. Is this the kid there was that vid floating about of a while ago? Blonde haired guy wearing Metal gear?[/quote]

Correct, typo :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]machiajelly wrote:
Hanley wrote:
I assume that’s a 233.5kg bench???

Absolutely sick lifting. Is this the kid there was that vid floating about of a while ago? Blonde haired guy wearing Metal gear?

Yup, it’s him.

No videos yet, only pictures. According to people on the meet all of his lifts went really smooth and the only struggle was the last deadlift, but even that lift could have been heavier. Haven’t seen any vids yet myself, so I cannot comment but that’s what I’ve been hearing at least. It kinda makes sense considering he got 9/9 good lifts.

Old total record: 842.5 kg, new: 901 kg… 58.5 kg improvement on the total world record.

why does he go so deep in the meets? its very impressive but i would think he would loose a little weight there

[quote]bignate wrote:
why does he go so deep in the meets? its very impressive but i would think he would loose a little weight there[/quote]

IPF usually is really strict on depth, so that is why…

[quote]matso1236 wrote:
bignate wrote:
why does he go so deep in the meets? its very impressive but i would think he would loose a little weight there

IPF usually is really strict on depth, so that is why…[/quote]

Not THAT strict. The IPF are usually quite sensible about it, and stick to the rule book. It’s the USAPL that take the piss.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
matso1236 wrote:
bignate wrote:
why does he go so deep in the meets? its very impressive but i would think he would loose a little weight there

IPF usually is really strict on depth, so that is why…

Not THAT strict. The IPF are usually quite sensible about it, and stick to the rule book. It’s the USAPL that take the piss.[/quote]
For some reason Norwegian judges have a reputation of being extra strict. Swedes on the other hand are known for not being strict enough.

In Norway we sometimes refer to a high squat that is still deemed good by referees as a “swedish squat”. But yeah, he goes deeper than he has to, but it’s not like he needed to lift 360 in the squat to win today or anything. I think he had his weight class bagged even before he started deadlifting…

And it’s extra cool to crush a world record when the depth is even deeper than what’s needed, and also better safe than sorry. If he had speculated on a higher squat it might have been too high.

beast

He’s actually Thor, God of Thunder.

Video of the lifts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSpP8gfdwLE

What age is sub Jnr?

[quote]Boffin wrote:
What age is sub Jnr?[/quote]

Up to 18.

I think he could have nailed 815/551/716 on this day!

The only person who doesn`t go nuts over these lifts is Carl himself :wink:

[quote]Prolapsus wrote:
I think he could have nailed 815/551/716 on this day!

The only person who doesn`t go nuts over these lifts is Carl himself :wink:
[/quote]
Yup, his strength is only surpassed by his sensibility :slight_smile:

Oh ma god.

How the hell did he get those lifts that smooth? I reckon he could’ve done quite some more weight.