T Nation

Cy/ Advil Question

Cy, what are your thoughts on the use of liquid advil? Meaning, I train pretty intensly and it can be very hard on the body, sometimes causing slight strains/sprains/other small injuries. When something like that occurs I take anywhere from 3-6 liquid advil a day for up to 1-2 weeks to help keep the inflammation down, and I also train while slightly injured, using tape and braces if need be. I have found that doing this can keep it under control until I reach a point where I'm able to take sufficient rest to fully recoop.

Finally my question, is there something else you can recommend thats safer and/or better to use? Or is the limited amount of advil nothing to worry about? Also what kind of effect does the advil have while still training and taking supplements? Thanks

Mack,

I hit this topic, in part, in a previous column that I'm linking below. In short, using ibuprofen for short periods of time as you have isn't a problem. It's when people use such drugs chronically that you can begin to worry. If using the regular strength version, you're staying within the maximum daily dosage so that's good as well.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=40267E40764E1847C86124FFBA35A291.hydra?id=606062