T Nation

Cy? 4-AD-EC and Night Shifts?

Cy,

I just recently started working night shifts (7pm-7am, between 2 and 5 days a week depending on the week).

I beleive the recommended dosage for 4-AD-EC in the morning or at least before 9am was based on the body’s natural sleep cycles and it’s affects on hormone levels. I also beleive that the same applied for M which I plan to use post cycle.

Since my night/day is flipped for the most part now, how does this affect my diet and supplementation especially ideal times for taking my 4-AD-EC?

Thanks Cy, and others for any additional thought, opinions, and input.

[quote]wompa1 wrote:
Cy,

I just recently started working night shifts (7pm-7am, between 2 and 5 days a week depending on the week).

I beleive the recommended dosage for 4-AD-EC in the morning or at least before 9am was based on the body’s natural sleep cycles and it’s affects on hormone levels. I also beleive that the same applied for M which I plan to use post cycle.

Since my night/day is flipped for the most part now, how does this affect my diet and supplementation especially ideal times for taking my 4-AD-EC?

Thanks Cy, and others for any additional thought, opinions, and input.
[/quote]

Very good question! The alterations in sleep can often times have rather profound effects on circadian rhythms. While I’ve never looked in to this aspect as much, it would seem easy to simply assume that one could taken the 4-AD-EC shortly after they had awaken from sleep, but that would assume that the body had adjusted. Even if that argument could be made, if you’re not on a schedule like that on a permanent basis, it would be hard to argue for that. I’ll have to look in to this one and get back to you. For the time being, if the night shift working only comprises a small percentage of your week, I’d say to follow the normal (prior-to-9 AM dosing) pattern.

Oh yeah,

I’ve decided that even on my off days I’m going to attempt to sleep during the same hours (11am-6pm), in an attempt to “shift” my natural sleep cycle, which I’m assuming would take between 4-6+ weeks for my body to adjust… assuming of course that it will.

I’m still considering when is going to be best to get the majority of my workouts in considering post workout nutrition (3+ hours of P+C meals), sleep, and how digestion with a flipped sleeping schedule works.

Overall I don’t see any of this as an overly huge concern so long as I still train and eat(it’s fun to consider though) and don’t think that the timing of the 4-AD-EC dosage will have drastically extensive affects on gains or sides (I’ll additionally have Alpha Male and M, and hopefully some Methoxy-7 on hand post cycle), however if you come up with any suggestions on how to best mimic or match what would typically be happening with a regular sleeping schedule and dosing of 4-AD-EC I’m sure it would help to get the most out of it and I’ll definitely apply it.

Couldn’t tell you much on the prohormone sup timing, but I will say I work rotating shifts and overnight shift is the worst for the body. Trying to keep your body and life totally committed to the schedule (sleeping same time everyday) is extremely hard if you try to live normally as you said you will attempt (family, friends, etc. get in the way.)

Recommend that you consider training upon waking up with appropriate supplementation while your working. I’ve also found that I recover well working out just prior to going to work as long as I get adequate nutrition during the overnight hours.