CW's TBT - 'Total' Problem

Hey,

first off:

i do bodybuilding for almost 2 years now but i didn’t gain much because i wasted my time in the gym. but now it’s time to change.

i weight 85kg@170cm, bf 20% (too fat)

my lifts:
deadlift - 80kg
squat - 75kg
Bench - 65kg
5Chin-ups max.
4-5Dips max.

(Sorry if i use european size definition, but i’m from germany and i’m here because i don’t like german shittalk forums.)

So, i gotta say i have a quite bad genetic, my regeneration sux. before bodybuilding i played computer all day long. for years - that doesn’t mean im a ugly bastard :P.

so,

i started Chad’s TBT using the following plan for the first 2 weeks:

week1+2

decline db bench press 3sets, 5reps
squats 3sets, 5reps
BB Row obergriff 3sets, 5reps
Deadlift 3sets, 5reps

DB rows parallelgriff
incline db bench press
DB Overhead Press
Sumo Dead

squat
flat DB bench press
BB Row untergriff
Military Press

Load: Choose a weight that forces you to near-failure for the last rep of the last set.

I feel a big muscle sore (DOMS) in my ass, my quads, chest and traps. and tomorrow i usually have to do the 2nd Workout.

Should i do the workout how the program says and dont care about the sore? its not like i cant move anymore, but it really hurts…

greetings from Germany :slight_smile:

If you are hitting muscles you haven’t worked before, they will get sore. If you can move around and function, do the workout. If it hurts so much that it limits your movement patterns, you may need to take a day off so that you don’t get hurt.

Also excessive soreness can be a sign that you are not providing adequate nutrition. Make sure your calories are in the right place and your PWO is sufficient.

i have tried several training programs. last i tried was “PITT” if anyone knows it in the USA. it’s a german low volume program with 2 workouts per week - gave me soreness every week.

so should i move on? will my body adapt? tomorrow im going to do sumo deads and dumbbell rows which i haven’t tried yet, so i think my doms will increase ??

Chad usually says to work through the soreness. after a few weeks your body will adapt and it won’t be so bad

Yes, work through the soreness. Let it hurt. Besides, once you start working the soreness will not be so bad.
Chad’s programs work…Keep at it. You will like the results.

"

That’s why I’m trying this TBT!

But what comes to my mind … i have a quite bad regeneration, so i really really hope to adapt to this.

so long.

[quote]dontesto wrote:
"

But what comes to my mind … i have a quite bad regeneration, so i really really hope to adapt to this.

so long.[/quote]

But why? As Brant pointed out, insufficient calories can be a reason. Also, lack of sleep can be a factor. You need to try and figure out if there is anything that you aren’t doing that could help. It could be as simple as your post workout nutrition, proper flexibility, adequate sleep or just eating more.

[quote]Arioch wrote:
dontesto wrote:
"

so long.

But why? As Brant pointed out, insufficient calories can be a reason. Also, lack of sleep can be a factor. You need to try and figure out if there is anything that you aren’t doing that could help. It could be as simple as your post workout nutrition, proper flexibility, adequate sleep or just eating more.[/quote]

Yes, he has a point. Nutrition could be a huge factor in your recovery. If nothing else try to add 30 to 50 grams of extra protein a day. Get it from a shake, tuna, or a schnitzel, etc. But try to add some more protein. Or you can change your diet completely.
TBT is trains your body to recover faster, so that in itself may help, but also try to eat a little cleaner and see if that doesn’t improve even more.

yes i have a bad flexibility.
i always stretch before squatting to get into 90° position.

as i already said i used to be a computerfreak.

i try to eat a bit more.
i’ll post the results here if you wish.

I’m gonna eat some Schnitzel & Kartoffel now, :wink: .

so what else can i do?

What are you eating?

You just need a better diet to overcome this soreness as quickly as possible.

Otherwise you will be sore starting out.

It will go away. You will get stronger.

List your diet.

Hey, i think i eat enough. I would list my daily food if i only knew the english names :P.

i just did workout number 2, and i can say i could lift the same weight i used at negative DB bench at flat dumbbell bench for even more 3 reps, but i had a real hard doms in my pecs. the reason for that could be i never did dumbbell excercises for about 4 months.

is it normal i feel a bit stronger at sumo deads? i dont have to bend over so much, neither i have to bent my knees as much as i do at classic deads. could be my flexibility …

anyway, sumo deads is a real great excercise.

i did lunges aswell for the first time in my life. i think ill get real doms tomorrow :P. it was a real problem for me to keep my balance. next week it’ll work better i think.

ill inform you asap when i did my next workout.

lets see if i have a bigger sore tomorrow than i already had before.
i hope not though.

great forums, great answers!

greetings from germany