T Nation

CW's Set/Rep Bible Question

reading through articles and trying to soak up as much as I can I came to a question concerning Chad Waterbury’s Set/rep bible found here http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=651322

He says to work on Max Strength with muscle growth to use a set/rep scheme of 24-36 (ie 10x3, 8x4, 9x4 ect…)

My question concerns the Sessions per week per muscle group. I dont really understand what he means by that, does he mean Workout 2-4 times a week hitting the different muscles 2-4 times per workout, so I would use 2-4 compound back and chest workouts 2-4 leg ect…or just 2-4 different compound exercises per workout, 1 chest, 1 back, 1 legs…I guess im just confused if this scheme would be considered a full body workout or a split, which is some articles hes strongly against doing.

Thanks for any incite on this matter.

-Erik

A sample of one if his TBT workouts would be…

Bench 10x3
Row 10x3
Squat 10x3

or

Dips 5x5
Pullups 5x5
Dead 8x4

Honestly, I wouldn’t worry so much about all the articiles on this site and instead spend more time finding out what works for you. That means keeping a log of all your workouts, and seeing if you are actually making progress with a certain program.

ya im doing his abbh program starting today just wanted some incite on that article because it seems to be a good foundation for creating my own program which I want to do eventually once i build a solid foundation.