T Nation

CW Program Question

I am currently finishing AofW and was planning on doing QD afterwards, however the program strongly suggests 10 hours of sleep a night(no less than eight)due to the excessive training.

However with finals and all coming up in the next two weeks this amount of sleep is going to be impossible.

I was wondering what type of training I could I fit in between AofW and QD (just a two week period before I am able to go home and catch some much needed Z's)

Could I just do a two weeker of WM, or is that a bad idea? I should mention my goals are mostly just to gain alot of mass. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'd suggest a nice low volume 5x5 type program.

Day 1:
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Row 5x5

Day 2
Deadlift 5x5
Chins 5x5
Overhead presses 5x5

Day 3
Front Squat or Barbell Hack Squat 5x5
Close-grip Bench or Dips 5x5
Good mornings 5x5
Hammer curls 3x5

Keep it simple. Keep it brief. Keep it hard. But keep the volume low while you are studying, staying up late, etc. Then go into QD when things are optimal.

I second Nate's answer, it is a good one.

I would also add that if you want to stick to Waterbury's programs that his Strength Focused Mesocycle would work well while under less than optimal conditions.

Rolo.

Word.

That's a very good program too. Low volume, but still very tough and an excellent bridge for what you are doing.

You might also check out BBB(Big Boy Basics). However, this program might have too much volume for what you're looking for. Keep in mind though that the rest periods are relatively short. I guess it depends on how much time you're willing to be in the gym during finals. Anyway it's another option. Good luck on your finals.