CW on PT

Asked this about TBT…

Chad, question about the following. Let’s say I have a routine as follows for two weeks

Week 1 Workout 1 (3x5)
Chest: DB inc press
Quads: Bulgarian squat
Back: Horizontal cable row
Delts: BB military press (standing)
Biceps: DB curl (standing)
Triceps: Cable pushdown

Week 1 Workout 2 (3x8)
Back: Pullups
Quads: Highbar BB squats
Chest: BB flat wide-grip
Hips: Deadlift
Shoulder: Reverse flye
Calves: Standing calf raise

Week 1 Workout 3 (2x15)
Deltoids: DB press (pronated)
Chest: BB flat
Quads: Front squat
Back: Pulldowns
Hams: Leg curl
Biceps: EZ bar curl (wide grip)

on weeks 3 and 4 could I do this

Week 3 Workout 1 (4x8)
Chest: DB inc press
Quads: Bulgarian squat
Back: Horizontal cable row
Delts: BB military press (standing)
Biceps: DB curl (standing)
Triceps: Cable pushdown

Week 1 Workout 2 (3x15)
Back: Pullups
Quads: Highbar BB squats
Chest: BB flat wide-grip
Hips: Deadlift
Shoulder: Reverse flye
Calves: Standing calf raise

Week 1 Workout 3 (4x5)
Deltoids: DB press (pronated)
Chest: BB flat
Quads: Front squat
Back: Pulldowns
Hams: Leg curl
Biceps: EZ bar curl (wide grip)

Basically I’m just switching up the parameters but keeping the exercises. Would that be okay?

ANy idea how you might train an MMA fighter. Taking into account that they are basically in season all the time and have usually no more than 8 weeks (sometimes as little as 3-4) notice before a fight.
Thanks
Adam Singer

Hey Chad,

I wanted to get your thoughts on which program(s) I should utilize throughout the summer while training on the bicycle 2x per week. I limit my time on the bike in both sessions to slightly greater than 1 hour. The first cycling workout consist of 3 to 5 intervals ranging in length from 2 to 5 minutes followed by approximately the same recovery time. The second ride of the week is a strength session in the hills.

At present, I am lifting 3x per week while breaking my workouts down based on the plane of movement as opposed to body parts. My set/rep follows your suggested 30 to 50 count.

I like the idea of doing total body strength training 3x per week but worry that lower body training in addition to the cycling would be counter productive.

I do my best to ensure adequate caloric intake as well as including rest days in my program.

Any insight you may have is appreciated.

Hey Chad,

I’m starting BBB this week, but I have a problem. Because of my job, I only have 3 days a week available to work out, and BBB is a 4 workout/week program. I definitley want to focus on the upper body, so should I just eliminate one of the leg workouts or modify it? Or should I do another program?

Hey Chad, I’ve followed your writings for a while, taking bits and pieces out of each one, and even trying a couple of your routines for a couple of months. My question is this. . .

My goal in training is to get stronger for wrestling, mostly upper body wrestling as this is what I am going to nationals to compete in… Are there any specific lifts you could recommend that would be good for this, and also, any good routines or modifications to routines i could do? thanx.

btw, i am currently doing a modified westside routine with sandbag work, rock climbing once a week, as well as regular practice, but i have modified all that to work to a point where i dont burn out from overtraining to quickly…

Chad,

Not sure if I can still get this in… I’ve been doing your programs for about a month and a half and I am seeing great growth. First was WM and now Lift fast. My question is about a problem I’m having. My arms are very achy, from my shoulders the whole way down. It kind of seems that I am not able to recover enough from one work out the the next, yet my strength keeps going up.

I’m eating well, following Berardi’s guidlines as close as possible and I normally get from 7-8 hours of sleep. Is there anything else I should be doing to recover faster? I have not started the 100 rep program yet, I was afraid the extra stress would make it worse.