CW: Bands/Chains Question

Hey CW,

Your programs are fantastic and I think I’ve read most of what you’ve written here, but I have a question. Do you ever use accomodating resistance (bands/chains) in any of your training programs? I’ve never seen you prescribe this (I might have missed it) and I’d like to hear your thoughts on the applicatino of this type of training, pro or con.

Thx.

[quote]T-Bone2 wrote:
Hey CW,

Your programs are fantastic and I think I’ve read most of what you’ve written here, but I have a question. Do you ever use accomodating resistance (bands/chains) in any of your training programs? I’ve never seen you prescribe this (I might have missed it) and I’d like to hear your thoughts on the applicatino of this type of training, pro or con.

Thx.[/quote]

Yes, bands and chains are awesome. I don’t mention them since very few trainees have access to them, but I use them extensively with my clients. Bands should be used for no longer than 3 weeks at a time. Chains can be used for longer durations. Basically, I alternate 3 week phases between bands and chains. Obviously, I focus on squats, deads, and presses with either bands or chains.