T Nation

Cutting.

I’ve finally reached my goal of 225lbs, it’s now time for me to shed off some layers and cut down.

My only concearn with cutting is losing hard earned muscle. I have never decided to lose weight before so I’m unsure how it will work, but I have heard many people say they lose muscle.

So my question is the following. How would I go about cutting while safely keeping my muscles in shape? Should I try HOT-ROX? Or perhaps Methoxy-7? Any of the other supplaments on this site?
Thanks!

[quote]ChazyChaz wrote:

So my question is the following. How would I go about cutting while safely keeping my muscles in shape? Should I try HOT-ROX? Or any of the other supplaments on this site?
Thanks![/quote]

I would recommend attempting this slowly or you will lose muscle. I would also recommend you try to lose the first few pounds (which is mostly water weight) without much cardio at all…if any. I would then add cardio in incrementally after that. By two months in, I would increase cardio to at least 5 times a week or more. I would keep protein intake at least around 1gr per pound of body weight and use the weights you are lifting as a guide to how much muscle you may be losing. If your strength is decreasing, expect that to mean muscle is being lost. The rest is a game of playing with numbers and strategies until you find what works best for you. Ignore those who make this overly complicated. Understand that your body is an adaptive machine that will eventually decrease results given the same stimulus.

I would reccomend using both at the same time. The HOT-ROX allows you to be more severe in your diet and keep more of the LBM. Methoxy-7 really helps keep your muscles hard, as you tend to soften a bit when you go hypo-caloric.

Just my 2 cents.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I would recommend attempting this slowly or you will lose muscle. I would also recommend you try to lose the first few pounds (which is mostly water weight) without much cardio at all…if any. I would then add cardio in incrementally after that. By two months in, I would increase cardio to at least 5 times a week or more. I would keep protein intake at least around 1gr per pound of body weight and use the weights you are lifting as a guide to how much muscle you may be losing. If your strength is decreasing, expect that to mean muscle is being lost. The rest is a game of playing with numbers and strategies until you find what works best for you. Ignore those who make this overly complicated. Understand that your body is an adaptive machine that will eventually decrease results given the same stimulus.[/quote]

True, I guess I’ll have to take it slow. Start up a nice diet for a few weeks, then add in the cardio slowly. I still keep my intake to around 200-225g’s a day (depending on what I eat). Thanks for the fast response.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I would reccomend using both at the same time. The HOT-ROX allows you to be more severe in your diet and keep more of the LBM. Methoxy-7 really helps keep your muscles hard, as you tend to soften a bit when you go hypo-caloric.

Just my 2 cents.[/quote]

What exactly DOES Methoxy-7 do? I’ve read posts about it but no one has every explained WHAT it does. I’m not sure I want to be on both at once, but if it’s worth it, It can’t hurt to try.