Cutting While on a Break From the Iron?

Hey guys

I have been on the anabolic diet for 4 weeks now. I have lost about 8 lbs, but I am starting to feel beat up in the gym. I was thinking about taking the upcoming week off from the weights. I was wondering if it is best to keep my calories where they are now and continue to try to lose weight for the upcoming week? or to eat at maintenance as to try to boost my metabolism again and not be in a catabolic state and perhaps prevent muscle loss? What do you guys think?

Thanks alot

Well all depends how many calories are you eating? Are you having a post workout shake if so how many calories are in it? maybe you could do some low intensity cardio and keep those calories where they are??

Im eating about 2900 calories at the moment. My post workout shake is just 2 scoops of whey which is 240 calories i believe. I usually have some tablespoons of peanut oil with it. :slight_smile:

OK well id say you could probably keep your calories around the same just skip the shake! that puts you at 2660 you wont gain or loose anything Im willing to bet! But maby you could use that brake? Are you sore from the training or do you have an injury? Being sore from training is a good thing!

Maybe you could try to up our NEPA like going for a couple of 30 minute walks or something like that if you wanna take a few days off but still stay with the same calories?

if it were me id put a combo of any of the following in a peri workout shake:

bcaas
creatine
glutamine
taurine

(dextrose - this would be good but your diet plan may say no)

I think periworkout nutrition shouldnt have the same rules applied to it as the rest of your diet.

but the 4 options above are not very calorific and contain little to no carbs, yet will help your body deal with workouts ina cal deficit.

dude. skipping the shake is… not good.

I am going to bump this. so you will get a spanking.

[quote]frankovic wrote:
Im eating about 2900 calories at the moment. My post workout shake is just 2 scoops of whey which is 240 calories i believe. I usually have some tablespoons of peanut oil with it. :)[/quote]

Stop putting oil in your post workout shake.

I agree that he sould add some fast acting carbs like dextrose or maltodextrine in his post workout but He doesnt need the post workout shake if hes taking a week off from training that was my point!

Expect to lose muscle if you’re cutting without lifting.