Cutting Weight For Comp

Hey guys need some advice.
I have a no-gi grappling comp in 3 weeks and i need to drop around 2kg to enter my preferred weight division. I finished the v-diet around a month ago dropping 6kg over the 28 days and have since been following Berardi’s guidelines in nutrition for grapplers. i was thinking maybe i should jump back on the v-diet for 2 weeks to shed these last few kg’s. Then just eat clean for the last week.

My main concerns are i need to focus on my conditioning but I noticed the last time on the v-diet that my conditioning suffered. Maybe i could try the 1 meal a day option? Not sure.

Are there any other more suitable diets i could try for the next 3 weeks that wont affect my conditioning?

The problem is compounded by the fact that weigh ins are done just before i step onto the mat so dehydration/re-hydration is not an option.

Also what about creatine? Is it possible to use it and not put on weight?

Any advice would be appreciated

Creatine, if effective, will cause you to gain some water weight, so I wouldn’t suggest it.

I would suggest just to eat a little below maintenance for 2 weeks, to try and shed these 2kg, while of course following Berardi’s 7 habits.

[quote]steinnes wrote:
Creatine, if effective, will cause you to gain some water weight, so I wouldn’t suggest it.

I would suggest just to eat a little below maintenance for 2 weeks, to try and shed these 2kg, while of course following Berardi’s 7 habits.[/quote]

Thanxs steinnes