T Nation

Cutting Up

Hello,
I have been lifting for roughly 7 months low reps heavy weight 5x5/3x6. Increasing my core lifts by huge amounts of weight.

Starting Weights: 1RM weighing 235 height 5'7

Bench: 200
Squat: 250
Deadlift: 300
Shoulder Press: 115

Now: 1RM weighing 205 Height 5'7

Bench: 300
Squat: 350-400
Deadlift: 375-400
Shoulder Press: 160

Now that I have been bulking for awhile. I have recently been wanting to cut some of the fat off of my body.

I am looking for help or recommendations of a good diet plan and knowledge of a good workout that will cut me up in a 2-3 month period of time.

My workout split at the moment is:

Monday: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Tuesday: Back/Legs/Biceps
Wednesday: Off
Thursday:Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Friday: Back/Legs/Biceps
Saturday:Off
Sunday:Off

I workout with my friend so I get about 1-2 minutes of rest between each set.

My Diet is definitely not one of my strong points. I consume roughly 2500-4000 calories per day of Bad food. Examples: Fast Food, High Carbohydrates, High amount of sugar, Bad Meat

Why do you have a 50 lb variation in your squat 1rm? You could look into carb cycling, or any of the programs laid out here. Or just clean up the diet, as that will get your results in and of itself.

How have you been bulking when you lost 30 lbs?

facepalm why do i stumble into beginners forums…

[quote]willsee wrote:
How have you been bulking when you lost 30 lbs?[/quote]

This is a really good question. I’m assuming you got the numbers mixed.

Good progress and good numbers. There are two schools of thought on cutting.

The first would have you do the same thing you are doing now, just add in some more cardio and maybe decrease the calories of food you eat. The second would have you change your whole program to a ‘fat-loss’ program, of which there are some samples on this site.

I tend to side with the latter. Some examples of vetted programs are

Waterbury Summer Project

MeltDown Training, by Don Alessi

You’re going to need to get your diet in order. There are excellent articles on carb-cycling on this site, as well ketogenic diets (T-dawg diet or Anabolic Diet). I encourage you to use the search feature to discover these.

GOod luck.

[quote]VonStinkle wrote:
facepalm why do i stumble into beginners forums…[/quote]

Because your a noob wanting to learn?

[quote]VonStinkle wrote:
facepalm why do i stumble into beginners forums…[/quote]

Before you say something like this…maybe you should have some pics on your profile or atleast stats? or just gtfo.