Cutting Season 2k11 is Coming

I’ve been dieting down for almost 8 weeks now. I started at 218 and was 199.2 this morning. I am eating around 2300 Cals a day with 40% Fat, 40% protein, and 20% Carb ratio.

I have a cheat day once a week, where I eat whatever.

It works fine and mentally keeps me going.

My goal is for once to reach <12% body fat. Not sure where I’m at now, but I’ve haven’t been below 15% I think.

Begin March 1st. Sitting at 255 right now, definitely skirting on “uncomfortable” with my shirt off.

Not doing anything super exciting, simple carb cycling and AM HIIT.

Hoping for 220-215 cut.

I’m starting March 1st as well. How tall are you? I’m 5 10…230 is really getting close to uncomfortable for me as well

I’m 6’3.

Tire is well developed, and a fair amount of ‘breastular’ fat.

People are quick to hate on the “ripped abs” crowd, but if I didn’t have a supportive girlfriend there’s no fucking way in hell that I’d have bulked this much.

I’m not really “cutting” (i dont like “cutting” and “bulking”) I am just trying to drop a little bodyfat at the moment and recomp a bit.

I was 218 three weeks ago and weighed in at 212.5 yesterday. I didnt feel very comfortable at 218. I like the way I move and feel around 205-210.

If I can swap out (over time of course) 3-4 pounds of fat for 3-4 pounds of muscle I think I’ll be set.

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
Lol SSC, I knew you’d be bombarded with questions about skip loading when I saw your post. Don’t tell anyone the secrets. [/quote]

There are no secrets on the internet!!! and i looked it up and apparently id have to eat something considerably over 1000g of carbs (closer to 1500) or more in a little more thn one day… no thanks, maybe ill start doing carb ups with half the skip loading recomendations[/quote]

You definitely won’t/probably can’t start off eating that much right off the bat. That might the amount for a 250-lb competitor 4-weeks out or something. The leaner you get, the more your body needs/craves those foods and will utilize them, allowing you to eat more.[/quote]

False and false.

There are no set point for the amount of carbs you will be ingesting, you let your hunger dictate.

1000g of carbs is pretty easy to do after a few weeks by the way…

Some guys are getting in around 2500-3000g if I recall correctly…

I got ~1700 last week and im not 250lbs, nor am I 4 weeks out :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

I might jump into cutting at the end of the season, right when it’s starting to get nice and cold over here in Australia. I personally find I lose a lot more body fat during the colder months. First I have to get back those 10lbs or so I lost since I’ve been sidelined the past 4 weeks.

Going to carb cycle.

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
Lol SSC, I knew you’d be bombarded with questions about skip loading when I saw your post. Don’t tell anyone the secrets. [/quote]

There are no secrets on the internet!!! and i looked it up and apparently id have to eat something considerably over 1000g of carbs (closer to 1500) or more in a little more thn one day… no thanks, maybe ill start doing carb ups with half the skip loading recomendations[/quote]

You definitely won’t/probably can’t start off eating that much right off the bat. That might the amount for a 250-lb competitor 4-weeks out or something. The leaner you get, the more your body needs/craves those foods and will utilize them, allowing you to eat more.[/quote]

False and false.

There are no set point for the amount of carbs you will be ingesting, you let your hunger dictate.

1000g of carbs is pretty easy to do after a few weeks by the way…

Some guys are getting in around 2500-3000g if I recall correctly…

I got ~1700 last week and im not 250lbs, nor am I 4 weeks out :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers[/quote]

Okay, so what did I say that was false?

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

apparently id have to eat something considerably over 1000g of carbs (closer to 1500) [/quote]

That might the amount for a 250-lb competitor 4-weeks out or something.[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay, so what did I say that was false?[/quote]

I’m about 6 weeks into my 20 week precontest diet. Cycling carbs right now and getting pretty decent results. The guy who is assisting in me in my diet isn’t too stringent right now, but that will all change in a few weeks. I’m holding a lot of water right now but I imagine I could be anywhere between 12 and 15% bodyfat. My body is weird though - I’ve already got striations in my quads, triceps, and chest, lots of vascularity through my legs and upper body, but I still have some fat covering my midsection, so I don’t have much of a 6 pack at all.

[quote]ACTrain wrote:
I’ll be starting my cut at the end of March.
I’m looking at a 12 week cut right to my wedding day.
I’ll be following a low carb/carb cycling diet and utilizing the Mag10 Pulse Fast twice a week.

Rough outline I’ve been working on:

Day 1: Sled Work & Farmers Walks - Low Carb
Day 2: Neural Charge - Mag10 Pulse Fast
Day 3: Lower Body - Moderate Carbs, Anaconda Protocol 2 Peri Workout
Day 4: Circuits (CT’s Destroying Fat) - Low Carb
Day 5: Neural Charge - Mag10 Pulse Fast
Day 6: Upper Body - Moderate Carbs, Anaconda Protocol 2 Peri Workout
Day 7: Circuits (CT’s Destroying Fat) - Low Carb[/quote]

Been doing pretty much the exact same thing with great results:

Sun - Upper Body (low carb)
Mon - Lower Body (mod carb)
Tue - Off (pulse fast)
Wed - Upper (mod/high carb)
Thu - Lower (mod/low carb)
Fri - Back/Bis (mod carb)
Sat - Off (pulse fast)

About 6 weeks done of this with 6 weeks to go. There is a body transformation contest at my local supplement store. Good excuse to lean up and win some supplement spending money.

Hey guys, 11 days into the V-Diet, giving my self around 8 weeks to cut down. I live in egypt so summer starts in april until october, so by the end of april i wana be around 190.

Was sittin at 245 11 days ago ( ye i know fat or what). I’m 228 now so 17lbs have gone. hoping to hit 210 by the 28th day then drop a further 15lbs or so in the following 4 weeks.

I like the V-Diet coz it’s simple, nothing to calculate, no food choices, guaranteed results, no loss of muscle just shake n go. Possibly the fastest way on the planet to drop weight fast.

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

apparently id have to eat something considerably over 1000g of carbs (closer to 1500) [/quote]

That might the amount for a 250-lb competitor 4-weeks out or something.
[/quote]

Okay, so what did I say that was false?
[/quote]

Meh. There are figure competitors easily eating double that… I remember one dude hitting up 20k cals just from carbs. 180 lber at that. Its all fairly individual though, some people don’t do well with skiploads at all. I love em although the wind is ah, not good…

This isn’t necessarily a weird phenomenon. In fact, it’s pretty common.

I pretty much go through this exact stage, every time I lean out. I’ll even get prominent lower ab veins to show, but will still “hold water” around most of my mid-section.

You won’t GENERALLY see a true six pack until you dip under 8-10%, but this is different for everyone.

[quote]MeltedFace wrote:
I’m about 6 weeks into my 20 week precontest diet. Cycling carbs right now and getting pretty decent results. The guy who is assisting in me in my diet isn’t too stringent right now, but that will all change in a few weeks. I’m holding a lot of water right now but I imagine I could be anywhere between 12 and 15% bodyfat. My body is weird though - I’ve already got striations in my quads, triceps, and chest, lots of vascularity through my legs and upper body, but I still have some fat covering my midsection, so I don’t have much of a 6 pack at all.

[/quote]

Not to be a douche (I didn’t look back at previous threads), but what is a skipload?

Can someone summarize it in just a couple sentences?

I googled it and the answer is… No, probably (as in I will attempt to, but no doubt do it a great disservice since the search results yielded essay length discussions).

It’s a method of refeeding developed by Skip the natural bodybuilder dude. Basically along the lines of glycogen/sodium depletion followed by massive refeeding on the day you want to look full (like a contest or photo shoot) with simple carbs like pancakes and syrups and things.

[quote]synergy93 wrote:
Not to be a douche (I didn’t look back at previous threads), but what is a skipload?

Can someone summarize it in just a couple sentences? [/quote]

[quote]Jab1 wrote:
I googled it and the answer is… No, probably (as in I will attempt to, but no doubt do it a great disservice since the search results yielded essay length discussions).

It’s a method of refeeding developed by Skip the natural bodybuilder dude. Basically along the lines of glycogen/sodium depletion followed by massive refeeding on the day you want to look full (like a contest or photo shoot) with simple carbs like pancakes and syrups and things.[/quote]

well your first sentence was correct atleast. One of the main differences with skiploading compared to traditional loading methods is that it is not made to load on the ‘day you want to look full’. for a saturday contest you load the previous sunday, all day on simple sugars keeping fat and even protein to a minimum. You will end up loading so much that you spill over and might even look a little worse. you then go back to your normal diet macros the following days and you will lose the water spillage and still be full. It’s used a metabolism booster/ refeed as well as final week contest prep. the weeks leading up to a contest allow you to fine tune the refeeds so that you can peak properly as well as preventing metabolism slow downs.

Cool. Thanks guys

[quote]synergy93 wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys[/quote]

For the record, if you haven’t looked up or watched the “Longevity DVD” by Skip, he goes much deeper into detail and has quite a bit of incredibly useful information and stuff on it.