Cutting Pre Cardio

I was just watching Pumping Iron, and was impressed by all the physiques. However, the aerobics boom did not hit yet. What did these guys do to get lean? The stairmaster idn’t come out sveral years later but I suppose stationary bikes have been around for a long time. Is this where the high reps with many sets withn little rest between came into play?

[quote]Navin Johnson wrote:
I was just watching Pumping Iron, and was impressed by all the physiques. However, the aerobics boom did not hit yet. What did these guys do to get lean? The stairmaster idn’t come out sveral years later but I suppose stationary bikes have been around for a long time. Is this where the high reps with many sets withn little rest between came into play?[/quote]

Well, dieting does not require any machines.

Neither does running.

Anaerobic exercise + eating clean = ripped physiques!
Don’t get caught up with the “cardio is the only way to burn fat” crap.
If I wanted to hear that, I’d talk to one of the 100’s of fatties on the treadmills at my gym.

Good points, and I suppose I knew that. Was the volume way up, as in Arnolds 30 sets for chest routines, where he would spend 2-3 hours in a gym. I know the going time right now is 45 minutes to 1 hour.