Cutting...No Casein?

I wanna know why casein protrin is a no no for a cut, when studies done have proved casein protein over everyother kind of protein is superior to fat loss and muscle gain/retention?

Many coaches here say cheese/dairy is no good for a cut, why?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&list_uids=10838463

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/haycock/protein-powder-casein.htm

http://www.atkins.com/research-library/research-items/effect-of-a-hypocaloric-diet-increased-protein-intake-and-resistance-training-on-lean-mass-gains-and-fat-mass-loss-in-overweight-police-officers

Its not because of the casein, generally dairy smooths some people out. Its really a minute point also, a strategy that is employed by pre-contest bber’s. Someone just trying to lean up, dairy would probably be fine.

Kind of hard finding sugar free casein though, unless it comes in powder form.

[quote]Filmmakerr wrote:

[/quote]

Cheese bro. pretty damn low in sugars and high in casein. Cottage cheese.

Metabolic Drive and the like.

and like above said its just some ppl tend to hold water with dairy so getting UBER super stage lean its tough for them with dairy. much can be due to the sodium if they are not used to the intake.

For most you should be able to diet down just fine

phill

Isn’t water weight no big deal until a few days before a competition? I’ve never done it but doesn’t it only take a day or so to lose a lot of water weight?

[quote]Phill wrote:
Filmmakerr wrote:

Cheese bro. pretty damn low in sugars and high in casein. Cottage cheese.

Metabolic Drive and the like.

and like above said its just some ppl tend to hold water with dairy so getting UBER super stage lean its tough for them with dairy. much can be due to the sodium if they are not used to the intake.

For most you should be able to diet down just fine

phill

[/quote]

Regular cheese, yes. Cottage cheese has about 4-5g of carbs, mostly sugar.

And of course, milk which is loaded.

[quote]Filmmakerr wrote:

Regular cheese, yes. Cottage cheese has about 4-5g of carbs, mostly sugar.

And of course, milk which is loaded.

[/quote]

LOL yhea exactly 4-5 grams thats like a friggin tic tac bro. 16-20 total calories from carbs thats not many at all and coupled with a very good complete protein source

Phill

It is when you’re doing the AD =).

CC is a great bedtime food though.

I think cottage chese is absolutely disgusting.

Why not just get a calcium caseinate or micellar casein protein powder if you want the protein with no carbs?

Wouldn’t slower digesting proteins provide an advantage for cutting also… as aminos are presented to the bloodstream at a slower rate over time?

If your body gets a “lot” of something at a time it’s apt to either convert it and/or store it.

Basically, the body is working to keep the levels of various nutrients within certain high and low ranges. Lipids, sugars, hormones, and presumably aminos and whatever else.

On the other end your muscles and organs are grazing on these nutrients continuously depending on how much work or recovery they are attempting.

Damn, I’m rambling, but at the same time “spikes” in various things are often recognized as signals as well.

You know what they need to invent? A non-invasive blood composition monitor. You could watch your blood nutrient levels and perhaps get real time feedback on various physiological processes.

I use full fat cheese. empty on carbs, full on deliciousness.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:

Why not just get a calcium caseinate or micellar casein protein powder if you want the protein with no carbs?

[/quote]

Second what GDawg said…I think it’s more staying away from milk, and other dairy products that have a larger amount of carbs. I’m on the AD and I religiously slam cottage cheese a couple times a day…usually in my shake. Once you mix it in a shake, you don’t taste the flavor, and it thickens up the shake nice with that and some ice and cream…

As far as the carb amount…1/2 cup of cottage is like phil said, 4g CHO… that’s how much you can have in one sitting if you’re takin in 6 meals a day…you just slam it with a meal that has zero or 1 or 2 carbs besides that, and you’re fine…

You can't beat it for time releasing the goods..

Otherwise, again like Dawg said, just shop around and get a micellar cassein w/out any carbs…All the Whey has some a good one on the cheap, and so do a lot of others…so I don’t see what the problem is…Hell I’ve gotten lean as a mofo currently, and I eat cottage like I said, usually twice a day…that amount of dairy aint gonna f…up nothin…right Phil?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,...

ToneBone

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
greekdawg wrote:

Second what GDawg said…I think it’s more staying away from milk, and other dairy products that have a larger amount of carbs. I’m on the AD and I religiously slam cottage cheese a couple times a day…usually in my shake. Once you mix it in a shake, you don’t taste the flavor, and it thickens up the shake nice with that and some ice and cream…

As far as the carb amount…1/2 cup of cottage is like phil said, 4g CHO… that’s how much you can have in one sitting if you’re takin in 6 meals a day…you just slam it with a meal that has zero or 1 or 2 carbs besides that, and you’re fine…

Otherwise, again like Dawg said, just shop around and get a micellar cassein w/out any carbs…All the Whey has some a good one on the cheap, and so do a lot of others…so I don’t see what the problem is…Hell I’ve gotten lean as a mofo currently, and I eat cottage like I said, usually twice a day…that amount of dairy aint gonna f…up nothin…right Phil?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,...

ToneBone[/quote]

Ice Cream? on the AD? :slight_smile:

lol…Cheese for the win =).

The reason I don’t want the powdered form is because ive got time to cook and eat at home, so theres no need to powder anything. I think unpasturized cheese is great, gonna get about 60-80% of my calories from it and cottage cheese next week.

That’s a lot of cheese, just make sure it doesn’t “bind you up” so to speak.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
InTheZone wrote:
greekdawg wrote:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,...

ToneBone

Ice Cream? on the AD? :)[/quote]

Cmon Dawg, Ice and Heavy Cream…ha,ha, ice cream no,no,no…
TB

‘bind me up’? lol

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
InTheZone wrote:
greekdawg wrote:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,...

ToneBone

Ice Cream? on the AD? :slight_smile:

Cmon Dawg, Ice and Heavy Cream…ha,ha, ice cream no,no,no…
TB[/quote]

haha just giving you shit. I love my AD shakes: crushed ice, milk and egg protein, heavy cream, olive oil and a few whole raw eggs.