Cutting: Must Be Doing Something Wrong

[quote]Professor X wrote:
ImmortalAttitude wrote:
Professor X wrote:
ImmortalAttitude wrote:
cerote wrote:
Smart Kid, the beginners forum is where beginners shit is talked about and more experienced people try to help them there.

So go to the beginners forum and read the stickies.

I’m 30 years old, “kid”.

…and just as clueless and unwilling to listen as someone half your age.

Give me a break already! When someone tells you to go to the beginners forum when you didn’t know there WAS a beginners forum… it looks like a flame. I found it. In the small text to the right which I previously though was ads.

Which only means you are a newbie who jumped on the site without even looking around first and expected everyone to cater to whatever concerns you had despite your lack of effort to see what this place was about.

You shouldn’t be “cutting”, but chances are, your goals involve something like Ryan Reynolds…someone who outweighs you by maybe 40lbs.

Gain some muscle and quit wasting time trying to cut what you haven’t even built yet.[/quote]

Hey, you gotta be a beginner at everything. Including forums.

Thanks, It’s been clear to me since yesterday. I found the beginners forum. Hey, I have to begin everything somehow, including forums. I will bulk until I am 300 pounds.

[quote]ImmortalAttitude wrote:
Thanks, It’s been clear to me since yesterday. I found the beginners forum. Hey, I have to begin everything somehow, including forums. I will bulk until I am 300 pounds.[/quote]

Get to it.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/scars_newbie_advice_on_bulking

look, this thread is retarded. The guy asked for cutting advice. While 99% of everyone here (myself included) would say 150 is way too small to cut, he didn’t seem to think so. Your ideal body is not his ideal body. If he wants to get ripped at 150, then by all means let him. Just because it doesnt align with your mental picture of the ideal weightlifting protocol, doesnt mean everyone has to start a giant internet fight.

I may be new here, with much less weightroom time and experience than the majority of the posters in this thread, but it would have been way easier to just give the guy the advice he asked for and peace out. His goals are his goals, be what they may be. show some love.

[quote]spadesofaces wrote:
look, this thread is retarded. The guy asked for cutting advice. While 99% of everyone here (myself included) would say 150 is way too small to cut, he didn’t seem to think so. Your ideal body is not his ideal body. If he wants to get ripped at 150, then by all means let him. Just because it doesnt align with your mental picture of the ideal weightlifting protocol, doesnt mean everyone has to start a giant internet fight.

I may be new here, with much less weightroom time and experience than the majority of the posters in this thread, but it would have been way easier to just give the guy the advice he asked for and peace out. His goals are his goals, be what they may be. show some love.

[/quote]

To be painfully honest I wanted to get rid of these damned love-handles. I have never had body fat in my life until after bulking. It’s embarrassing. I’m a man! Only women have love-handles. Men are supposed to have guts and I have love-handles and no gut. I wanted to get rid of these love handles and I got the freaking DEATH PENALTY! Evidently, it is true what people say about bodybuilders.

But I would rather wait till I am 300 pounds before I start cutting since that is what I am supposed to do. I want to get bigger than anyone has ever gotten! I know HOW to cut, I just didn’t know WHEN to cut. I have read every article on this site, I am waiting for new ones.

This really is a brilliant troll job. The last post seals the deal LOL

The fact that he put on 27lb then lost 13lb all in the space of less than 3 months didn’t ring any bells for me at all. That’s totally feasible, people do it all the time.

Using “Attitude” in his screen name seemed pretty legit, too.

1. Cutting is a caloric deficit
  2. In order to be in such a deficit, you must be eating fewer calories than you burn
  3. What burns those calories is called your metabolism
  4. To have a significant metabolism, you must have significant muscle mass or you must be gifted with a fast metabolism
  5. At 149 lbs, you do not have significant muscle mass/strength
  6. According to point 4, since you want to burn fat more efficiently, you must gain more muscle mass/strength
  7. You cannot do this in such a caloric deficit that results in 6.5 lbs/week of weight loss

So we can conclude that your only option is to gain more muscle mass, by increasing your caloric intake. You see, while some people may have come off as assholes, what they were saying really did make sense.

Bulking up may seem dreadful especially with your “love handles”, but if done smartly (and considering your a beginner), it will facilitate long-term fat loss far more than any caloric deficit you are currently in.

Christ dude. Get a sense of humor. Its cheap.

tribunaldude wrote:
Yes, thats hideously overweight. How did you let yourself go like that?

marlboroman wrote:
profile states…

5’9"

151 pounds

been lifting for a couple months

anyone see anything wrong here ?

Give me a fucking break! Am I supposed to be using 50 servings of steroids or just one? 2 months! Not 2 years! I was around 135 when I started. Get real! Exercise your brain! And I’m not using steroids. And I haven’t updated my profile info since I joined. 3 months. Not a lot of time.[/quote]

This thread is full of lolz…

I can’t calories on foods without labels?

Luckily, I scoured the web and found this site called fitday.com, it was really hard to find but I think it may offer what you’re looking for.

Seriously, you’re a newb – 30, 80, 10, it doesn’t matter what your real age, your training age, weight and experience tells the whole story – especially your shitty attitude.

Eat some chicken, some beef, some fish, some veggies, throw in some grains like oatmeal and sweet potatoes until you get up to 3500 calories. Repeat daily til you hit like 180. Then trim some fat.

Wash, rinse, repeat. And stop bitching while you’re at it, maybe people will stop giving you bitchy answers in return.

tribunaldude wrote:
Yes, thats hideously overweight. How did you let yourself go like that?

marlboroman wrote:
profile states…

5’9"

151 pounds

been lifting for a couple months

anyone see anything wrong here ?

Give me a fucking break! Am I supposed to be using 50 servings of steroids or just one? 2 months! Not 2 years! I was around 135 when I started. Get real! Exercise your brain! And I’m not using steroids. And I haven’t updated my profile info since I joined. 3 months. Not a lot of time.[/quote]

YOUR NOT USING ROIDS… jesus i wish i had you genes.