T Nation

Cutting: Must Be Doing Something Wrong

Smart Kid, the beginners forum is where beginners shit is talked about and more experienced people try to help them there.

So go to the beginners forum and read the stickies.

What everyone here is saying is that you shouldn’t be cutting if you only weigh 162. That is what is wrong with your cut. You can continue getting upset or just accept the fact that the major problem with your cut is the fact that you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place.

[quote]cerote wrote:
Smart Kid, the beginners forum is where beginners shit is talked about and more experienced people try to help them there.

So go to the beginners forum and read the stickies.[/quote]

I’m 30 years old, “kid”.

you are 149?

im sorry but that is very thin,even if you are a “fat” 149 still you shouldnt be worrying about cutting
it is entirly too unhealthy

bump up the kcals,get in a better diet.
lots of healthy fats

dont worry about fat
if you work hard thats what maters really this is getting silly why are you even fighting here about this?

[quote]IgneLudo wrote:
What everyone here is saying is that you shouldn’t be cutting if you only weigh 162. That is what is wrong with your cut. You can continue getting upset or just accept the fact that the major problem with your cut is the fact that you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place. [/quote]

Thanks. It’s just that people weren’t telling me that. They were being total cocks instead. I don’t see why it’s so hard for people to use plain, clear English and say, “You need to bulk for much longer.”.

Instead, I interpreted, “AHHHAHAHAHA, little twerp, get out of here”.

How long did you bulk for? Am I to understand that you put on 27lb then lost 13lb all in the space of two months?

How about this - as a beginner you can quite happily just lift and eat slightly above maintenance, making sure you get enough protein.

You can put on a steady amount of muscle without adding too much fat. You should be able to get away with this for at least a year, probably longer.

Now, posting in the Beginner’s section doesn’t mean you get a bunch of replies from beginners. More experienced people hang out there to help beginners.

This really is beginner stuff and you really are a beginner, and people won’t treat you like a “little twerp” if you post in the appropriate forum.

Attitude. =/

sorry I’m prolly gona get flamed by you and be called a Steroid Head as well. But I’m 18, and i did learn alot posting at the Beginner forum. Beginners don’t actually give you advice there. Instead, The more experienced players come by and give you assistance.

And, age doesn’t mean anything. The fact that you are 30 and do not know what is wrong… well… ah forget.

I’ll do it for you.

Attitude: “you are a Kid. So fk off. Go back to the beginner forum”

Me: Yes Sir.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:

How long did you bulk for? Am I to understand that you put on 27lb then lost 13lb all in the space of two months?

How about this - as a beginner you can quite happily just lift and eat slightly above maintenance, making sure you get enough protein.

You can put on a steady amount of muscle without adding too much fat. You should be able to get away with this for at least a year, probably longer.

Now, posting in the Beginner’s section doesn’t mean you get a bunch of replies from beginners. More experienced people hang out there to help beginners.

This really is beginner stuff and you really are a beginner, and people won’t treat you like a “little twerp” if you post in the appropriate forum.[/quote]

So there really is a beginner section? Where do I find it? Maybe my browser is not showing me something (I use Safari on a Mac) I see this: (see photo) Yes I am a beginner.

I started bulking on June 1st, so about 3 months… OMG!!! I NEVER noticed that! To the right of the screen! I feel like an idiot. I always though that was ads and I never even looked at it. I found it… and a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks for the help.

[quote]tayjeremy wrote:
Attitude. =/

sorry I’m prolly gona get flamed by you and be called a Steroid Head as well. But I’m 18, and i did learn alot posting at the Beginner forum. Beginners don’t actually give you advice there. Instead, The more experienced players come by and give you assistance.

And, age doesn’t mean anything. The fact that you are 30 and do not know what is wrong… well… ah forget.

I’ll do it for you.

Attitude: “you are a Kid. So fk off. Go back to the beginner forum”

Me: Yes Sir.[/quote]

No, it’s ok, I only get pissed at people who treat me like shit. I didn’t know that there really was a beginner forum. For the whole 2 months that I joined this site I never noticed the small text “forum” links at the right of the screen.

I thought it was ads and never looked at it. I was missing out on a whole lot more than the beginner section. Now, I feel like the idiot.

[quote]ImmortalAttitude wrote:
Yeah, learn a lot from beginners. That joke came up already.

Feed me stuff like that “bulk for longer” part, which I had to translate from asshole to english.[/quote]

People were really fairly easy on you, considering you decided to cut weight at 162lbs. Anyone who has been reading this site for any amount of time should realize that they should gain much more weight before even thinking about a cut.

I would think just the fact that you are below the ideal weight for an untrained individual would clue you in on that.

Now, like the way it was worded or not, you got an answer. Stop cutting, start bulking, and after a couple years of bulking and training, you probably won’t need to ask questions like if it’s normal to lose strength from cutting.

Alternating between bulking and cutting every couple months is most likely going to get you absolutely nowhere, you have to stick with it for a good period of time to actually keep any gains when you are ready to cut.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
ImmortalAttitude wrote:

That’s because you have a bad attitude.

The person here who has most closely resembled a cock is you.

Bushy[/quote]

Yeah, really. Boo-hoo! Go try bodybuilding.com if you want half-ass, uninformed answers. You’re honestly telling me that you have a problem with someone telling you straight up that you’re doing shit wrong instead of sugar coating it?

What an uppity little man.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
ImmortalAttitude wrote:

Bushy[/quote]

Gee, I wonder how I got the bad attitude.

cerote wrote:

I’m 30 years old, “kid”.[/quote]

…and just as clueless and unwilling to listen as someone half your age.

[quote]SSC wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
ImmortalAttitude wrote:

Bushy

Yeah, really. Boo-hoo! Go try bodybuilding.com if you want half-ass, uninformed answers. You’re honestly telling me that you have a problem with someone telling you straight up that you’re doing shit wrong instead of sugar coating it?[/quote]

No, I do not have a problem with people telling me that I am doing it wrong. I was ASKING for what I was doing wrong, if you couldn’t figure. What I have a problem with is people giving me answers like “height… weight… lifting for 2 months, do you see anything wrong with this?”. That’s a MOLTEN LAVA coated answer. It’s not EVEN an answer.To me that looks like “Oh, you’re a skinny little twerp, get lost.”.

What they were doing was telling me I’m wrong but they weren’t telling WHAT I was doing wrong. Now you’re not telling me I should be SATISFIED are you? And I didn’t know there was a beginners forum because all that microscopic text on the right of the screen looks like a Biotest advertisement and I can barely read it with my eyesight. I thought that shit was ads. SOWWWWREEEEEE but why should I apologize when I’m the victim. Have a piece of mind for Christ’s sake.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
ImmortalAttitude wrote:
cerote wrote:

I’m 30 years old, “kid”.

…and just as clueless and unwilling to listen as someone half your age.[/quote]

Give me a break already! When someone tells you to go to the beginners forum when you didn’t know there WAS a beginners forum… it looks like a flame. I found it. In the small text to the right which I previously though was ads.

Professor X wrote:
ImmortalAttitude wrote:
cerote wrote:

I’m 30 years old, “kid”.

…and just as clueless and unwilling to listen as someone half your age.

Give me a break already! When someone tells you to go to the beginners forum when you didn’t know there WAS a beginners forum… it looks like a flame. I found it. In the small text to the right which I previously though was ads.[/quote]

Which only means you are a newbie who jumped on the site without even looking around first and expected everyone to cater to whatever concerns you had despite your lack of effort to see what this place was about.

You shouldn’t be “cutting”, but chances are, your goals involve something like Ryan Reynolds…someone who outweighs you by maybe 40lbs.

Gain some muscle and quit wasting time trying to cut what you haven’t even built yet.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:

This really is beginner stuff and you really are a beginner, and people won’t treat you like a “little twerp” if you post in the appropriate forum.[/quote]

Ok, EVERYONE! THIS is the kind of answer I was looking for. I understood it and because he was respectful, it made me think, “Oh, there really IS a beginner forum?”, so I went looking for it. The first few people to tell me to go to the beginners forum said it in a ways that looked like utter rolling flames.

I’m not only a bodybuilding beginner but I’m a T-Nation forums beginner too. Sorry for the mess.

Let me try to be as clear and polite as possible:

I really have no idea what other experiences you have had on the site or what your level of treatment was. However, people on this site never take kindly to someone coming on, never bothering to look around all that much and then getting really defensive.

I know you feel like you are only acting this way in reaction to others, but it is really coming off poorly. This is simply not going to improve your chances of gaining good advice from experienced posters on these forums.

bushidobadboy and Professor X fall into the category of vets with a lot of knowledge and experience, so if they are telling you to settle down, listen and bulk (regardless of how you take their tone), just listen. Otherwise, you sound kind of childish and incredibly defensive.

Now, please please please… do not even think about cutting for a long while. Enjoy the building process - it’s actually one of the best experiences you can have in the iron game.