Cutting: Must Be Doing Something Wrong

My question has been answered. But unfortunately it took a dozen poor communicators (more like total cocks, excluding a couple respectable people) to get the point across.

I don’t know why people can’t just say, in plain english, “You need to continue bulking for a long time before you are ready to cut.”

Do YOU see that below? Nope! I interpreted it all as, “Get lost, little twerp.”.

I swear, idiots dominate the population of earth. But I must admit that THIS forum has been worse than ANY other forum I have ever been on! I bet steroids fry the brain.

Please, if you’re going to reply to ANYONE, first keep 2 things in mind: Be willing to help the person and try to make your feedback understandable. If you’re not doing those 2 things and you reply anyway, you’re a jerk.

How many calories did you drop? Also, if you really haven’t dropped a lot of calories, it could just be due to not being used to having low carbs. It can take a week or two to get used to that.

Still, it almost seems to me that you cut calories to drastically.

Well, I really don’t know HOW to count calories accept on milk, eggs, and whey, because I hardly eat anything that comes in a package with a label (nothing man made accept whey and creatine). I stick with fresh produce or stuff I grew and fresh meats.

I still drink 3 quarters of a gallon of milk (non-fat, plus 2 fish oils a glass) a day. 80 cals per serving… 16…4…12x80… 960 calories from nonfat milk alone plus fish oil 60… 1020 Oh wait! Olive oil has a label, 2 tablespoons probably more, 240… 1260 calories… canned salmon has a label, full can a day, 360…

1620 calories total for just the stuff that I can count, I don’t know how many calories are in vegetables, turkey, chicken, and fresh fish, or bulk grains. I drink that fat from coooked meats too and then drink some olive oil.

Seems like a no plan in the diet? shrug Hard to pinpoint what’s wrong in diet if even YOU don’t know what’s going into your tank. Aside from that, I think CT mentioned (don’t ask me where or quote me) that during a cutting phase, glycogen stores are depleted and therefore doing high-reps becomes increasingly difficult to perform. However this is allowed to a certain extent as long as peak strength remains about the same e.g. 1rm for squat still floating around say 310-315lbs but 225lbs for formerly 8 reps is now down to 5 or 6.

Hope that helped a little and maybe a keep a log so we can help?

[quote]ahu2468 wrote:
Seems like a no plan in the diet? shrug Hard to pinpoint what’s wrong in diet if even YOU don’t know what’s going into your tank. Aside from that, I think CT mentioned (don’t ask me where or quote me) that during a cutting phase, glycogen stores are depleted and therefore doing high-reps becomes increasingly difficult to perform. However this is allowed to a certain extent as long as peak strength remains about the same e.g. 1rm for squat still floating around say 310-315lbs but 225lbs for formerly 8 reps is now down to 5 or 6.

Hope that helped a little and maybe a keep a log so we can help?[/quote]

Ok, so it’s normal to lose reps? So am I doing it right after all. So I should put my weight back up and just lift with the lower reps?

Hmmm, never though about a diet log. I do keep a workout log in high detail. I need a food scale that tells me how many calories are in everything.

Is 13 pounds lost in a week and a half too fast or is that normal or what? I have always been lean. The most fat I have ever had in my life was after I learned how to bulk a few months ago.

13 lbs in a week and half seems a lot unless most of it is water weight or you were abnormally chunky before

profile states…

5’9"

151 pounds

been lifting for a couple months

anyone see anything wrong here ?

Yes, thats hideously overweight. How did you let yourself go like that?

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
profile states…

5’9"

151 pounds

anyone see anything wrong here ?[/quote]

[quote]ImmortalAttitude wrote:
I am a week and a half into my cutting phase and I lost 13 pounds so far. It “appears” to be mostly fat loss but I AM LOSING STRENGTH! My repetitions are dropping like flies and I have had to lower the weight on a few lifts. I am thinking I want to leave cutting behind and never look back.

…unless I can get on the right track.

What I know about cutting so far, I learned on the web, and followed it to my best understanding but obviously I am doing something wrong.

I am doing everything the same accept I cut my whole grains in half, eliminated sugars, and eliminated starchy fruits and veggies.

Thanks to all who replies.
[/quote]

I would be happy to offer some guidance but, I would need to see an example of what you “were” eating and what you “are” eating. Also, what is your current weight, bf, training split. The more information you can provide the better the answer myself and others can offer. 13lbs in that time would be a lot for someone under 300lbs

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
13 lbs in a week and half seems a lot unless most of it is water weight or you were abnormally chunky before[/quote]

Yeah, why was this not stated earlier? Along with the poster below you.

151 lbs? What happened to getting “yoked” as in your profile.

OKay… I rescind my statement.

Two Probs my good friend:

1. 151 lbs = bone can’t flex
    …which leads to…
  2. WTF?! 16lbs in 2 weeks?!?!

May I suggest the beginners forum with all due respect?

profile states…

5’9"

151 pounds

I was 135-ish when I started. I was 162 before I started cutting. I am 149 now.

[quote]ahu2468 wrote:
OKay… I rescind my statement.

Two Probs my good friend:

1. 151 lbs = bone can’t flex
    …which leads to…
  2. WTF?! 16lbs in 2 weeks?!?!

May I suggest the beginners forum with all due respect?[/quote]

Two problems, stranger.

1. What am I going to learn from beginners?

2. If that is you in your avatar, I’m just a hair bigger than you.

May I suggest something like myspace, with all due respect?

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Yes, thats hideously overweight. How did you let yourself go like that?

marlboroman wrote:
profile states…

5’9"

151 pounds

anyone see anything wrong here ?

[/quote]

Give me a fucking break! Am I supposed to be using 50 servings of steroids or just one? 2 months! Not 2 years! I was around 135 when I started. Get real! Exercise your brain! And I’m not using steroids. And I haven’t updated my profile info since I joined. 3 months. Not a lot of time.

profile states…

5’9"

151 pounds

I was 162 before I started cutting. And for some reason you all seem to expect me to freaking mutate in such a short amount of time. I live in reality. And I’m not taking steroids or drinking light-emitting green slime.

[quote]q wrote:
cyph31 wrote:
13 lbs in a week and half seems a lot unless most of it is water weight or you were abnormally chunky before

Yeah, why was this not stated earlier? Along with the poster below you.

151 lbs? What happened to getting “yoked” as in your profile.[/quote]

If you bulked up to a MASSIVE 162lbs before deciding to cut, you belong in the beginners forum.

If you’ve been training for 2 months and decided to cut, you belong in the beginners forum.

And stop with the fucking steroid comments, as if it takes boatloads of steroids to be heavier than 150lbs while lean. That again, shows you belong in the beginners forum.

Bulk up for a couple years, then come back.

[quote]laroyal wrote:
ImmortalAttitude wrote:
I am a week and a half into my cutting phase and I lost 13 pounds so far. It “appears” to be mostly fat loss but I AM LOSING STRENGTH! My repetitions are dropping like flies and I have had to lower the weight on a few lifts. I am thinking I want to leave cutting behind and never look back.

…unless I can get on the right track.

What I know about cutting so far, I learned on the web, and followed it to my best understanding but obviously I am doing something wrong.

I am doing everything the same accept I cut my whole grains in half, eliminated sugars, and eliminated starchy fruits and veggies.

Thanks to all who replies.

I would be happy to offer some guidance but, I would need to see an example of what you “were” eating and what you “are” eating. Also, what is your current weight, bf, training split. The more information you can provide the better the answer myself and others can offer. 13lbs in that time would be a lot for someone under 300lbs[/quote]

Ok, thanks for not being like all the other people who answered. Well, I haven’t been keeping a diet log which I learned, today, that I should. But I can tell you what I was eating like and how I am eating like. (although from everyone else’s flamings I get the idea that I am not ready to cut yet)

3 times a day I was eating about 2 cups of rolled oats with about 2 servings of fish, turkey, chicken, or beef and either about 4 servings of steamed veggies, or 2 servings of Trader Joe’s veggie juice.

Between those 3 meals I was having a whole fruit with about 2 servings of milk with 30 grams whey and one 90 cal serving of gatorade powder and a large spoonful of peanut butter (maybe 3 servings, real peanut butter, the kind you have to stir and refrigerate).

I would also constantly have another large glass of milk or snack on a few fork-fulls of canned salmon or a chunks of meat or a mouth full of raw veggies… I am always hungry and have always ate a ton yet I’ve been a skinny all my life until recently I have become average.

Veggies consist of dandelion greens, broccoli, carrots, ginger, onions, and frozen peas.

Cutting phase… I probably cut the rolled oats MORE than in half, more like I ate small handfuls when I was painfully hungry, I cut out carrots, cut out fruits and took metamucil or ate peas instead. I continued otherwise. Fish oil 6 times a day.

[quote]counterfeitsoda wrote:
If you bulked up to a MASSIVE 162lbs before deciding to cut, you belong in the beginners forum.

If you’ve been training for 2 months and decided to cut, you belong in the beginners forum.

And stop with the fucking steroid comments, as if it takes boatloads of steroids to be heavier than 150lbs while lean. That again, shows you belong in the beginners forum.

Bulk up for a couple years, then come back.[/quote]

Yeah, learn a lot from beginners. That joke came up already.

Feed me stuff like that “bulk for longer” part, which I had to translate from asshole to english.

Lift weights and eat a lot for 5 years. Then cut.