Cutting Macros for the Busy Guy

Hello again people I would like the gain the opinions of a few knowlegable people on how to adjust cutting macros for a man of medium build but very high calorie needs due to an active job. 9-10 hors a day actively on feet.

OK… I am 5’11" and about 184
I weigh myself daily and calculate a 7 previous day average every morning. I am currently losing just over one pound per week on my cutting diet. I carb cycle on 4400 four days a week following my workouts. I practice IF and train 16 hour fasted. On the three days that precede my workouts I hit 4900 so I average just over 4600 daily. The extra 500 I get on my high days is from purely carbs as I feel this works for my body and gives me the energy I need for my workouts.

at present I would need nearly 5100 to maintain my weight and I am FAR from big!

Now… let my for simplicity’s sake we deal with purely the low day’s 4400 to derive macros. What do you guys suggest?

I know about the whole 1-1.5g protein thing and also the 30% of your calories as fats deal but this leaves a hell of a lot of carbs to eat. Shall I use say 40p:40c:20f ratios but if I do that’s a ridiculous amount of protein and protein is expensive!
Also using these ratios seems very low for fats (especially on the high days when I add in 500calories extra of carbs) and fats are important for hormone health no?

Thoughts and ideas?

It probably wouldn’t hurt to end your fast sooner.

Fitting a lot of nutrition into a small amount of time might end up wasting some of it.

That is the first thing I would try before adding more calories.

It is possible to gain mass using IF but you probably are really active which makes it more difficult to do.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
It probably wouldn’t hurt to end your fast sooner.

Fitting a lot of nutrition into a small amount of time might end up wasting some of it.

That is the first thing I would try before adding more calories.

It is possible to gain mass using IF but you probably are really active which makes it more difficult to do.[/quote]

I consume three meals per day between 1200 and 1800 calories but have no problem digesting this food. I don’t intend to add more food though I am currently upping calories by about 50-100 per week to get back up to maintenance and take a break from this cut. When I was less active I’d have never believed 5000 per day could be possible let alone comfortable but its amazing what the body can adapt to given time!

Any thoughts on the macros?