Cutting, Lost Muscle

Okay next question, I’ve really been wearing this forum out lately, lol. But I’ve been on a cut for a while now and i ve lost quite a bit of muscle…I think I’ve reduced my calories to much…right now my calories @ 200 pounds are around 2000, according to online calculators ( I know there not always accurate) I need 3200 to maintain weight…this puts me at a 1200 calorie defect…extreemmely low.

I guess I need to up my calories. My question is if I do will I continue to loss weight or has my metabolism slowed down…would increasing my calories to say… 2600 cause me to gain fat? Or will I still lose fat? About how many calories do other guys my weight get when cutting?

so how do you know you’re losing muscle?

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
so how do you know you’re losing muscle? [/quote]
A huge decrease in strength…the question is basically if I increase my calories in fear that I’m losing muscle will I continue to lose fat?

[quote]youngster543210 wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
so how do you know you’re losing muscle? [/quote]
A huge decrease in strength…the question is basically if I increase my calories in fear that I’m losing muscle will I continue to lose fat? [/quote]

That doesn’t mean your losing muscle.

Although at that deficit, I’d probably think you are. Just up the cals. 2500-2700 Should help

Depending on how long you’ve been at this caloric lwvel will have some impact on if you’ve tanked your metabolism or not, and how much damage you’ve done.

S