Cutting: How to NOT Lose Everything you Gained?

I’ve always had a very easy time manipulating my weight, I’m not a hard gainer by any means, when I eat even a decent diet. I also cut very easily as well. The problem is that whenever I cut…I lose all the strength I gained…How do I avoid this?

It’s like I can’t gain 15 lbs…then cut 5 and keep any of my gains. I end up losing 12 or 13, and end up weaker than when I started.

don’t go all out trying to lose bodyfat. just add in a little cardio, then maybe cut 100 calories from your diet. baby steps, to find what works for you.

If u can manipulate easy start a cut like 8 weeks out that way u only have to drop things gradually and if at the same time you change to a higher volume program you shouldnt have much strength loss at all

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
I’ve always had a very easy time manipulating my weight, I’m not a hard gainer by any means, when I eat even a decent diet. I also cut very easily as well. The problem is that whenever I cut…I lose all the strength I gained…How do I avoid this?

It’s like I can’t gain 15 lbs…then cut 5 and keep any of my gains. I end up losing 12 or 13, and end up weaker than when I started. [/quote]

So what do you actually do to cut?

Assume protein intake is high? What about fat? How much are you cutting calories by?

Assume you lift weights in your cut? How often? How much cardio and how often?

Transitioning of carbs can really hit some people’s energy levels but it is a temporary thing.

[quote]plateau wrote:
AccipiterQ wrote:

It’s like I can’t gain 15 lbs…then cut 5 and keep any of my gains. I end up losing 12 or 13, and end up weaker than when I started.

So what do you actually do to cut?

Assume protein intake is high? What about fat? How much are you cutting calories by?

Assume you lift weights in your cut? How often? How much cardio and how often?

Transitioning of carbs can really hit some people’s energy levels but it is a temporary thing.[/quote]

I usually cut a few hundred (350 roughly) calories per day. Protein intake remains at same level. Fat drops some, carbs drop more. (1/3 of the 350 probably from fat, the other 2/3rds of the 350 from cutting carbs). I lift weights the same amount, 3 times per week. I leave my cardio alone (roughly twice per week).