Cutting Help

I use a keto diet, I’ve been cheating/carbing up one meal every week after a leg or back workout.

I’m not planning any more of that for a while.

Anyways, my 21st birthday is in late April. I’d like to be decently ripped for the occasion. I tapered down from 5000+calories a day to 2500. Today I started eating 2000. I lift 6-7 days a week and I’ll be doing 20-30 minutes of ss cardio on at least half of those workouts. Am I eating to much/to little? Is dropping that much more fat in the amount of time I have reasonable?

These pictures are about 6 months apart. I stated dealing with a back injury and decided to diet the fat off if I couldn’t squat and deadlift heavy and have stuck with it even though the injury has mostly healed.

Looks like you’ve made solid progress and already pretty lean. I’d keep the calories at 2500 if you’re lifting 6 days a week and just make sure that all your foods are super clean.

To kick it up a notch I’d start extending the cardio sessions and/or add some fasted sessions/walking first thing in the morning…

What was your starting weight and what is your weight now?

how much do you weigh, what is your macro spread looking like.
Do not guess, know.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
how much do you weigh, what is your macro spread looking like.
Do not guess, know.
[/quote]

At 2000 calories it was:

44 carbs including fiber
120g fat
200g protein

I ate:
meal 1:
A soup with chicken thighs, celery onions, carrots. No noodles

Meal 2
2 scoops pro
100ml half and half

Meal 3
1/2 pound bacon
4 eggs
mixed vegetables

Meal 4
8oz ground beef
8oz boccoli

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Looks like you’ve made solid progress and already pretty lean. I’d keep the calories at 2500 if you’re lifting 6 days a week and just make sure that all your foods are super clean.

To kick it up a notch I’d start extending the cardio sessions and/or add some fasted sessions/walking first thing in the morning…

[/quote]

I appreciate the kind words. I have to adjust my gym time to my class and work schedule. I already get 4-5 hours of sleep on many days a week. Any day where getting up earlier to do cardio is an option I’m already getting up early to lift weights. and likely have 12-15 hours of stuff going on after.

[quote]optheta wrote:
What was your starting weight and what is your weight now?[/quote]

230-173

Edit: I also had one tablespoon of pb and my preworkout which arent figured into the macros/calories. Tose calories are 1857 including calories from fiber (I know there aren’t any). plus 200 calories from peanut butter and preworkout before I hit the gym

Looking pretty darn lean already, great work. How has your strength held up during the cut???

[quote]jdarkraget wrote:
Looking pretty darn lean already, great work. How has your strength held up during the cut???
[/quote]

lost a lot of back and leg muscle, gained some in the chest, lateral delts, and arms. I’ve been dealing with a back injury that is why I started dieting. All of my numbers went down really far and then I progressed to where I am now

ATG squat 370 down to 135 painfully then to 305

Deads: 485x1, 405x12+3 down to ??? now 365 3x1

Bench 275x2 wide grip and arched to 255 6x1 pinkys on rings and flat backed

Chins ??? to 25 reps

DB incline press 70x10 to 60x10 to 80x9

Some of the numbers I can remember. I train like a bodybuilder mostly now, I used to train for powerlifting.

[quote]jdarkraget wrote:
[/quote]

Also, I appreciate the kindness. You look damn good yourself