Cutting: Fullbody or Split

Hey guys,

Sorry to crowd the forums with yet another cutting question, but I’ve been searching for quite a while and haven’t really found answers to some questions I have about cutting.

First of all, I know for sure I will cut this upcoming season. I’m 5’9" 178 lbs and I’m gettin’ a little flabby for the summertime. Never had my bodyfat done.

So, would it work if I continued with lifting hard and incorporated like 2 or 3 sessions of cardio dispersed throughout my workout session? If I ran a mile, lifted, ran a half mile, lifted, and ran a mile at the end. I have no problem committing over an hour per day to this.

Of course I know to make a caloric deficit as well and I’ve been eating a ton of lean meats, fruits, and vegetables.

Would it be better to do a split (which is what I currently do) or just do a decent quick full-body workout every time I hit the gym.

I read the Heirarchy of Fat Loss article but I’m not really sure how to apply it. And I don’t necessarily need some fancy program to do this.

What have you guys done that’s worked well for you in the past?

I’m a beginner so all responses are welcome.

Oh, and do you think Grow and Surge would be appropriate for this?

Thanks a lot

Fatloss and conditioning as #1 only goal IMO cant beat full body

Phill

Keep the split, keep the intensity (or up it) and make your diet work for you.

I think fullbody would be better for overall fat loss

You can’t ‘out-work’ a shitty diet. If your nutritional plan is in order, you work hard in the gym, and get adequate rest, you’ll reach your goals.

Diet is more important that any specific routine. Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise.

[quote]W@LRUS!1 wrote:
You can’t ‘out-work’ a shitty diet. If your nutritional plan is in order, you work hard in the gym, and get adequate rest, you’ll reach your goals.

Diet is more important that any specific routine. Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise.[/quote]

Good point on the diet. But how much cardio work should I include and should I do it intermittently during each workout?

[quote]JGrex1 wrote:
Good point on the diet. But how much cardio work should I include and should I do it intermittently during each workout?[/quote]

Again, diet is more important than any particular workout.

You don’t have to do ANY cardio to successfully loose body fat. Cardio is an effective tool, but not a necessary one.

IMO, you would be better off trying to keep the intensity of your weight lifting sessions high and the amount of cardio you do low to help retain as much muscle mass as possible while dieting.

Look, there are as many opinions on this subject as there are stars in the sky. Ultimately you’re going to have to do a decent degree of self experimentation to find what works best for you.

[quote]W@LRUS!1 wrote:
JGrex1 wrote:
Good point on the diet. But how much cardio work should I include and should I do it intermittently during each workout?

Again, diet is more important than any particular workout.

You don’t have to do ANY cardio to successfully loose body fat. Cardio is an effective tool, but not a necessary one.

IMO, you would be better off trying to keep the intensity of your weight lifting sessions high and the amount of cardio you do low to help retain as much muscle mass as possible while dieting.

Look, there are as many opinions on this subject as there are stars in the sky. Ultimately you’re going to have to do a decent degree of self experimentation to find what works best for you.[/quote]

exactly as little as needed to progress many ppl jump in go crazy 4 sessions cardio 4 weights this this start at the minimum what gets you losing fat you can add later

Phill

I “ditto” the above opinions. The most important aspect of weight loss is diet and nutrition.

As far as full body vs. split…well as long as you train hard and smart you’ll results, so it is really up to you.

Shit. That’s a lot of running for bodybuilding. I’d just adjust your diet to lean sources of protein like egg whites. Eat a bigger breakfast.

Oh…here’s an idea. No more simple carbs. If you stop eating simple carbs altogether you should become pretty sensitive to insulin and start losing weight. Maybe you won’t need to change your caloric intake if you just switch to cheap, lean cuts of beef, chicken that isn’t fried, fish, and egg whites over eggs.