Cutting. Easy Lunch Options for College Kid on Budget?

I’m a college kid on a budget trying to cut. I eat in my car and don’t have access to a microwave to heat left overs. I need a list of options for lunch if there are any. All I have on my list so far is salad.
Thanks!

Bulk up so you can take your lunch by force from weaker students with soup, sandwiches and trendy ethnic food.

2 Likes

meat, vegetables and rice prepared at home and eaten cold out of tupperware

2 Likes

Its definitely not a warm home cooked meal but its the best option if you want to hit your goal. Load up on Tabasco sauce and you’re good to go. I would ditch the salad too.

1 Like

Milk?

Salad with hard boiled eggs. Salad with canned tuna. Salad with cold chicken breast that you bought by the sack at $15 for 20 pounds and cooked in bulk a few days ago.

My favorite budget cutting foods:

-Protein
Canned Tuna
Ground Turkey
Frozen Chicken Breast
Frozen Fish (Swai etc)

-Carbs
Rice
Potatoes

-Fats
Eggs
Peanut Butter
Olive Oil

To get the most of your money, go to a budget grocery (like Aldi) or big box store (Sam’s club), and stock up. If you’re willing to cook and prepare your own food, it can be done pretty inexpensively. I buy some higher dollar items (avocado, grass fed beef), and keep my weekly grocery budget at/below $60.

1 Like

8 hard boiled eggs done and done

1 Like

only thing that pisses me off is the peeling…:rage:

Peeling is part of prep… boil a dozen, let them cool to lukewarm, and then peel those bastards under cold tap water. 1 dozen = two minutes.

nice. yeh it seems if I dont get that thin membrane I end up mauling the entire process…

peeling takes ten seconds. Do the creepy rolling it on the table thing Robert De Niro does in Angelheart

1 Like

Peeling? Plebs…

Make sure it’s hard boiled.

oh shit thats cool
Thank you

Bring the water to a boil before adding the eggs. It has something to do with shocking that membrane and not letting it attach to the egg inside. I’ve never had a problem peeling after I started doing that.

:rolling_eyes:

1 Like

aha! Going to try that, thanks Chris!

Thanks Chris.
This worked amazing.

1 Like

I think about that almost every time I peel an egg.

haha, yeah, I do the exact same thing