T Nation

Cutting During Neanderthal No More?

Hey guys I’m trying to fix my posture and i know it going to take some time to do it.
I really want to go on a diet for 2-3 months to burn some fat, but still protect the musclemass.

I know it’s important to train the muscles alot to keep the mass, but when on the neanderthal routine you have a very low volume on some muscle groups if any at all and more on others.

So my question: Is it ok to do the neanderthal routine when cutting? Or should i modify it?
And what about after the 7 week program, what to do then if the posture is still bad? (which it will be)

[quote]sgmtn wrote:
So my question: Is it ok to do the neanderthal routine when cutting? Or should i modify it?[/quote]
Should be fine to be on any smart reduced-calorie diet during NNM. The only modification I’d consider would be some cardio a few days a week, on the days of non-lifting.

You don’t know what kind of results you’ll see. Unless you’re starting off Quasimodo-ish, take the one week deload as recommended after Part 5, and then get on any well-balanced program - as in, balanced movement patterns/more upper body pulling than pushing. For example, 5/3/1 might be a good choice since Wendler recommends pull-ups by the boatload.

I assumed that it takes a long time to correct a bad posture because I have googled it and read at several places that in can take maybe like 6-12 months or even more if it’s really bad, and mine is pretty damn bad after 10 years behind the computer almost every day when holding a bad posture. :confused:
But I’ll just have to see =)