Cutting Diet Suggestions

I’ve been trying to lose body fat for a while now, trying all sorts of things. However, one thing I neglected to do was ask you guys directly what diet has worked for you. I’m at around 17% bodyfat and seem to have “plateaued” recently and I just can’t seem to lose much more. At first it’s like I would see results everyday. I would really like to drop down to at least 10%. I feel like I’m so close yet so far.

Someone please recommend to me a diet they’ve used or are using that has given them significant results. A link, a food layout, or at a very least a macronutrient/caloric layout would be very appreciated. How low should I go calorie wise? How much carbs should I ingest?

Please keep these questions in mind if responding. And no V-Diet suggestions. Tried that already and I almost fainted from such low blood sugar. I’m 5’11" and weigh around 195. Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys!

I guess you should post your diet first, so people can see the areas for improvement.

And… http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350

No point in me doing that because I already know my diet isn’t working. I’d be totally fine with a total rehaul and I don’t want people just sitting there nitpicking little things like “Eat more protein!” and not actually helping me at all, so I’d prefer everyone to just help me out with a clean slate.

Also, that link you gave me doesn’t help much. It gives me 50,000 links, but that’s not what I asked. I asked for a diet that has worked for you, or is currently working for you. I want a personal opinion. Besides, I briefly skimmed the links and I saw no mention of fat cutting diets except for the V-Diet.

[quote]Velz wrote:
No point in me doing that because I already know my diet isn’t working. I’d be totally fine with a total rehaul and I don’t want people just sitting there nitpicking little things like “Eat more protein!” and not actually helping me at all, so I’d prefer everyone to just help me out with a clean slate.

Also, that link you gave me doesn’t help much. It gives me 50,000 links, but that’s not what I asked. I asked for a diet that has worked for you, or is currently working for you. I want a personal opinion. Besides, I briefly skimmed the links and I saw no mention of fat cutting diets except for the V-Diet.[/quote]

Here is an idea, read the articles, maybe you’ll learn more than just having someone tell you what to do.

Here are the 2 I think are most important for you to start with.

7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459493

Massive Eating Reloaded, Part I
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459429

Make sure you read PART II also and all the articles linked in the article.

Also your 195 at 5’11 at you say 17% thats not that bad, keep lifting hard and eat clean and you will lose the fat. You are lifting right? Maybe if your plateuing your program is not as good as you think.

List your training.

[quote]jbodzin wrote:
Velz wrote:

Also, that link you gave me doesn’t help much. It gives me 50,000 links, but that’s not what I asked. I asked for a diet that has worked for you, or is currently working for you. I want a personal opinion. Besides, I briefly skimmed the links and I saw no mention of fat cutting diets except for the V-Diet.

Here is an idea, read the articles, maybe you’ll learn more than just having someone tell you what to do.

Here are the 2 I think are most important for you to start with.

7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459493

Massive Eating Reloaded, Part I
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459429

Make sure you read PART II also and all the articles linked in the article.

Also your 195 at 5’11 at you say 17% thats not that bad, keep lifting hard and eat clean and you will lose the fat. You are lifting right? Maybe if your plateuing your program is not as good as you think.

List your training.[/quote]

I make strength gains consistently and I currently base my training around heavy compound excercises, full body workouts, 3 days a week, using the 10x3 method. Strength gains and size are not what I’m looking for as much as fat loss though. Currect me if I’m wrong, but the “Massive Eating” diet doesn’t sound like a cutting diet. I briefly skimmed through it and I’m already familiar with most of those fundamentals. I was just for a point in the right direction to a diet specifically geared towards cutting, not bulking or maintenance. Another quick question - Should I do high intensity cardio or low intensity?

If you really want me to though I can post workout.

go ahead and post the workout, you can never give too much information when looking for advice.

[quote]Velz wrote:
I’ve been trying to lose body fat for a while now, trying all sorts of things. However, one thing I neglected to do was ask you guys directly what diet has worked for you. I’m at around 17% bodyfat and seem to have “plateaued” recently and I just can’t seem to lose much more. At first it’s like I would see results everyday. I would really like to drop down to at least 10%. I feel like I’m so close yet so far.

Someone please recommend to me a diet they’ve used or are using that has given them significant results. A link, a food layout, or at a very least a macronutrient/caloric layout would be very appreciated. How low should I go calorie wise? How much carbs should I ingest?

Please keep these questions in mind if responding. And no V-Diet suggestions. Tried that already and I almost fainted from such low blood sugar. I’m 5’11" and weigh around 195. Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys![/quote]

I’m all for helping beginners, but I see no help for you. Guys have tried to help and you blew them off. What do you base your “17%bf” on? If you know so much why can’t you lose any fat?

One post asks for macronutrient guidelines and the next one says 'don’t tell me to eat more protein. You do know about thermogenics right?

Someone gives you links to food information and you claim you skimmed it and knew it all already. Yah, right. How’s your knowlege base workin’ for ya?

You’re 5’11 @195. You don’t need to cut–you need to grow a pair and hit the gym. If that and following Berardis 7 rules don’t help, stop eating.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Velz wrote:

Please keep these questions in mind if responding. And no V-Diet suggestions. Tried that already and I almost fainted from such low blood sugar. I’m 5’11" and weigh around 195. Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys!

I’m all for helping beginners, but I see no help for you. Guys have tried to help and you blew them off. What do you base your “17%bf” on? If you know so much why can’t you lose any fat?

One post asks for macronutrient guidelines and the next one says 'don’t tell me to eat more protein. You do know about thermogenics right?

Someone gives you links to food information and you claim you skimmed it and knew it all already. Yah, right. How’s your knowlege base workin’ for ya?

You’re 5’11 @195. You don’t need to cut–you need to grow a pair and hit the gym. If that and following Berardis 7 rules don’t help, stop eating.[/quote]

I base my bodyfat off of calipers and a bodyfat calculating scale. I average them out.

Macronutrient guidelines referred to what percentage of my caloric intake should pertain to what, not simply “Eat more protein!!”. That doesn’t help.

Your post was find until the last paragraph where you decided to insult my hard work ethic and assumed I’m some everyday scrub who wants maximum gain with minimum output. I give every single workout 150% and challenge myself with every excercise on a consistent basis. I don’t need some E-pundit who knows nothing about me critiquing my heart based on 3 posts. You also went wrong in trying to tell me what my goals should be.

I don’t care what you think I NEED to do nor did I ask for you to impose what your preconceived notion of what good body is supposed to be. If I want to get bigger, I’d do so out of my own wishes, not yours. Kindly stfu.

[quote]WS4adumbastard wrote:
go ahead and post the workout, you can never give too much information when looking for advice.[/quote]

I will as soon as I can. A little preoccupied at the moment.

[quote]Velz wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Velz wrote:

You’re 5’11 @195. You don’t need to cut–you need to grow a pair and hit the gym. If that and following Berardis 7 rules don’t help, stop eating.

I base my bodyfat off of calipers and a bodyfat calculating scale. I average them out.

Macronutrient guidelines referred to what percentage of my caloric intake should pertain to what, not simply “Eat more protein!!”. That doesn’t help.

Your post was find until the last paragraph where you decided to insult my hard work ethic and assumed I’m some everyday scrub who wants maximum gain with minimum output. I give every single workout 150% and challenge myself with every excercise on a consistent basis. I don’t need some E-pundit who knows nothing about me critiquing my heart based on 3 posts. You also went wrong in trying to tell me what my goals should be.

I don’t care what you think I NEED to do nor did I ask for you to impose what your preconceived notion of what good body is supposed to be. If I want to get bigger, I’d do so out of my own wishes, not yours. Kindly stfu. [/quote]

Anybody your age giving 150% on each and every rep oneach and every workout wouldn’t be at a body fat they were concerned about without a poor diet. You were given links that would allow you to gain such an information base. You don’t want to earn it, you want to be told what to do. I told you what to do.

I never said one word about getting bigger. Little boys like you never want to. You just want to see your abs.

Eating more protein is a part of your solution, you want someone to tell you how much to eat. Start with more.

If you didn’t want people to tell you what you NEED to do, you would have gotten off your lazy ass and done a search on diet on this site. 4 weeks from now when you are done reading all that information, you would have a base of knowlege from which to work. Instead you ask for help and accept none.

I’m trying to teach you to fish. You just want someone to serve you a meal.

By the way, stfu, real touch of grown up.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Velz wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Velz wrote:

I don’t care what you think I NEED to do nor did I ask for you to impose what your preconceived notion of what good body is supposed to be. If I want to get bigger, I’d do so out of my own wishes, not yours. Kindly stfu.

Anybody your age giving 150% on each and every rep oneach and every workout wouldn’t be at a body fat they were concerned about without a poor diet.[/quote]

Working out hard doesn’t automatically translate into lower bodyfat.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
You were given links that would allow you to gain such an information base. You don’t want to earn it, you want to be told what to do. I told you what to do.[/quote]

Again with this equivicol stupidity. I already know what is in those links. My thread asks what has worked for YOU and what would YOU recommend. Nobody has yet to actually respond to anything I’ve asked and instead had just lumped some links together. Besides, I’ve been researching fitness for years now. Maybe there are some things seasoned veterans can tell me that some generic articles can’t. That’s a crime?

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
I never said one word about getting bigger. Little boys like you never want to. You just want to see your abs.[/quote]

But you did imply that at my height and weight, I should grow a pair of balls and hit the gym harder. I see no need to bring up my height and weight into this other than to bitterly insinuate that I should get bigger. And now you’re calling me a little boy just cuz I don’t share your ideals. Who cares about your ideals? Also, abs are the least of my concern, but it’s not like any other of your assumptions of me were on target. I just want a low body fat. If having a low body fat meant I wouldn’t have abs, then I’d still want a low body fat.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Eating more protein is a part of your solution, you want someone to tell you how much to eat. Start with more.
[/quote]

Eat more, while on a cutting diet? Awesome advice. I already eat 240+ g of protein a day.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
If you didn’t want people to tell you what you NEED to do, you would have gotten off your lazy ass and done a search on diet on this site. 4 weeks from now when you are done reading all that information, you would have a base of knowlege from which to work. Instead you ask for help and accept none.[/quote]

I have and I don’t see what’s wrong in asking other people to share their personal experiences and knowledge with me to reinforce what I know or enlighten me. And nobody has really answered any of my questions, so that “help” you speak of that I haven’t accepted is non extant.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
By the way, stfu, real touch of grown up.
[/quote]

Maturity went out the window with your asinine assumptions and subtle insults. I don’t see what the point in responding any further is if you’re just going to reprimand me. I really don’t care. If you aren’t going to help me with the simple questions I asked, then I sternfully stand by my stfu.

You give no diet plan, no workout plan, and no pictures to see if we can guesstimate if you’re accurate with your 17% bf assessment. On top of that, you criticize any suggestion given. Not a good start in looking for advice. You said you did the v-diet. Did you follow it exactly as Chris Shugart suggested?

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
You give no diet plan, no workout plan, and no pictures to see if we can guesstimate if you’re accurate with your 17% bf assessment. On top of that, you criticize any suggestion given. Not a good start in looking for advice. You said you did the v-diet. Did you follow it exactly as Chris Shugart suggested?[/quote]

That’s cuz I’m not looking for a critique. I just want you guys to share your experiences/knowledge with me based on situations revelant to your own. Pretend I have no diet plan at all and I randomly asked you what’s a good diet plan to follow to get cut. What has worked for you? What’s a good foundation to follow to strip away fat? And yes I tried the V-Diet exactly as Chris suggested, and I felt totally fatigued and mentally blurry in like 4-5 days to the point where I could barely think, so I had to quit it early.

The main reason I don’t post my workout is I guess I just don’t see what that has to do with a fat loss diet plan. What would be far more relevant would be if you asked what my cardio is like, in which case I walk/jog for 35-45 4 days a week on days in between my workouts. Again, if posting my actual workout is absolutely necessary to get help on this subject then I’ll do so at your request. I guess I’m just too lazy to type it all up lol.

Alright, You want to know what works…

The AD (Anabolic diet) works great for cutting fat anf gaining muscle. But you have to be sharp about it and read the thread called:

My experience on the anabolic diet

by mdragon

There is where you can find some hard vets giving out little tidbits of wisdom. Check it out and rememeber…

Training has a much larger effect on body fat than diet alone. Maybe you should include a more metabolic training style in your efforts. Try Barbell complexes (in cosgroves articles) or some HIIT sprints/burpees/thrusters/box jumps After training each day. a great solution for leaning out is to do burpees. If you can work up to doing 150 in ten minutes then you should be noticing a difference. start at 100 in ten minutes, have fun.

-chris

[quote]Velz wrote:
Working out hard doesn’t automatically translate into lower bodyfat.[/quote]

Typically it does. If you don’t think it does you’ve never worked out “hard.”

[quote]Velz wrote:
Again with this equivicol stupidity. I already know what is in those links. My thread asks what has worked for YOU and what would YOU recommend. Nobody has yet to actually respond to anything I’ve asked and instead had just lumped some links together. Besides, I’ve been researching fitness for years now. Maybe there are some things seasoned veterans can tell me that some generic articles can’t. That’s a crime?[/quote]

It would have been better to actually display some of those years of knowledge and ask us to critique a plan that you have, or at least compare diet X with diet Y instead of just expecting us all to spoon feed you the information.

[quote]Velz wrote:
Eat more, while on a cutting diet? Awesome advice. I already eat 240+ g of protein a day.[/quote]

Actually yes, maybe not more than 240g, but usually most people think that when they are on a diet they should cut everything. Also- Did we know that you ate 240g/day? Nowhere did I read that.

[quote]Velz wrote:
I have and I don’t see what’s wrong in asking other people to share their personal experiences and knowledge with me to reinforce what I know or enlighten me. And nobody has really answered any of my questions, so that “help” you speak of that I haven’t accepted is non extant.[/quote]

Again if you have spent any time on this forum at all you should know we are not the spoonfeeding society.

[quote]Velz wrote:
Maturity went out the window with your asinine assumptions and subtle insults. I don’t see what the point in responding any further is if you’re just going to reprimand me. I really don’t care. If you aren’t going to help me with the simple questions I asked, then I sternfully stand by my stfu.[/quote]

I think you need to check your ego at the door. You come in here for advice and when someone even suggests that maybe you should go and find even a little advice on your own you get very defensive and basically say “how dare you not give me everything I want to know without me having to lift a finger!”

Do you even know any of the hundreds of diets offered on this site? You see the menu over there on the left side of the page- there is a category called “ARTICLES”. Click on that. In there is a catergory called “Diet Programs”. Read those. If you want to know if a certain diet has worked for someone, ask in that diet’s respective thread.

Sasquatch may have been a little rude- but your response to him wasn’t any better, especially considering you are the one looking for help.

[quote]Velz wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
You give no diet plan, no workout plan, and no pictures to see if we can guesstimate if you’re accurate with your 17% bf assessment. On top of that, you criticize any suggestion given. Not a good start in looking for advice. You said you did the v-diet. Did you follow it exactly as Chris Shugart suggested?

That’s cuz I’m not looking for a critique. I just want you guys to share your experiences/knowledge with me based on situations revelant to your own. Pretend I have no diet plan at all and I randomly asked you what’s a good diet plan to follow to get cut. What has worked for you? What’s a good foundation to follow to strip away fat? And yes I tried the V-Diet exactly as Chris suggested, and I felt totally fatigued and mentally blurry in like 4-5 days to the point where I could barely think, so I had to quit it early.

The main reason I don’t post my workout is I guess I just don’t see what that has to do with a fat loss diet plan. What would be far more relevant would be if you asked what my cardio is like, in which case I walk/jog for 35-45 4 days a week on days in between my workouts. Again, if posting my actual workout is absolutely necessary to get help on this subject then I’ll do so at your request. I guess I’m just too lazy to type it all up lol.[/quote]

This last paragraph says a lot. I’ll try to be less rude in my commentary, and still try to remain as absolutely correct in my help as I have been.

You don’t understand what your workout has to do with fat loss. You think your cardio is more important. Wrong idea. While cardio is an effective assistance to your goals, if it is fat you wish to shed and not just weight, your diet and lifting will be key.

Cardio just makes you a smaller version of what you are now. If you’re a pear, you’ll just be a smaller version when done with a cardio fat loss system.

Walking and jogging are inefficient fat loss exercises. If you have a good base of fitness tabata and higher intensity cardio are better.

I know nothing of your workout so I can’t critique it, but I will guess and say an increase in weight and lowering of reps will probably help. Bigger exercises, less rest…

Diet is key. Lower your carb intake to no more than 30% of total calories and eliminate processed carbs except for PWO. The remainder of your cals should come from good fats and protein.

You can’t get enough rest, fiber, or water.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Velz wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

The main reason I don’t post my workout is I guess I just don’t see what that has to do with a fat loss diet plan. What would be far more relevant would be if you asked what my cardio is like, in which case I walk/jog for 35-45 4 days a week on days in between my workouts. Again, if posting my actual workout is absolutely necessary to get help on this subject then I’ll do so at your request. I guess I’m just too lazy to type it all up lol.

This last paragraph says a lot. I’ll try to be less rude in my commentary, and still try to remain as absolutely correct in my help as I have been.

You don’t understand what your workout has to do with fat loss. You think your cardio is more important. Wrong idea. While cardio is an effective assistance to your goals, if it is fat you wish to shed and not just weight, your diet and lifting will be key.

Cardio just makes you a smaller version of what you are now. If you’re a pear, you’ll just be a smaller version when done with a cardio fat loss system.

Walking and jogging are inefficient fat loss exercises. If you have a good base of fitness tabata and higher intensity cardio are better.

I know nothing of your workout so I can’t critique it, but I will guess and say an increase in weight and lowering of reps will probably help. Bigger exercises, less rest…

Diet is key. Lower your carb intake to no more than 30% of total calories and eliminate processed carbs except for PWO. The remainder of your cals should come from good fats and protein.

You can’t get enough rest, fiber, or water.[/quote]

The reason I’ve been doing low intensity cardio is cuz I’ve read that’s best for burning fat and high intensity stuff has a higher chance of burning muscle. Then again if you recommend HITT cardio then I can try that too on days that I don’t workout. How long should HITT cardio sessions last? 15-20 minutes?

As far as low reps and heavy weights go,
I do predominantly heavy compound excercises using around 80% of my max using the 10 by 3 method, typically with 60-90 seconds rest in between sets.

So 30% of my caloric intake should be low GI carbs. So what should my protein be? I’ve read about a 40/30/30 split of P/C/F, but I don’t know if that’s for maintenance or cutting. Which is it? And what would happen if I make protein like 50% or even 60% of my caloric intake?

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
Alright, You want to know what works…

The AD (Anabolic diet) works great for cutting fat anf gaining muscle. But you have to be sharp about it and read the thread called:

My experience on the anabolic diet

by mdragon

There is where you can find some hard vets giving out little tidbits of wisdom. Check it out and rememeber…

Training has a much larger effect on body fat than diet alone. Maybe you should include a more metabolic training style in your efforts. Try Barbell complexes (in cosgroves articles) or some HIIT sprints/burpees/thrusters/box jumps After training each day. a great solution for leaning out is to do burpees. If you can work up to doing 150 in ten minutes then you should be noticing a difference. start at 100 in ten minutes, have fun.

-chris[/quote]

I’ll look into the AD and cardio training methods you suggested. Thanks!

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Velz wrote:
Working out hard doesn’t automatically translate into lower bodyfat.

Typically it does. If you don’t think it does you’ve never worked out “hard.”
[/quote]

Not without the right diet it doesn’t, which is why I’m here asking you guys in the first place.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Velz wrote:
Again with this equivicol stupidity. I already know what is in those links. My thread asks what has worked for YOU and what would YOU recommend. Nobody has yet to actually respond to anything I’ve asked and instead had just lumped some links together. Besides, I’ve been researching fitness for years now. Maybe there are some things seasoned veterans can tell me that some generic articles can’t. That’s a crime?

It would have been better to actually display some of those years of knowledge and ask us to critique a plan that you have, or at least compare diet X with diet Y instead of just expecting us all to spoon feed you the information.
[/quote]

It might have been better, but I didn’t do it. Sucks.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Velz wrote:
Eat more, while on a cutting diet? Awesome advice. I already eat 240+ g of protein a day.

Actually yes, maybe not more than 240g, but usually most people think that when they are on a diet they should cut everything. Also- Did we know that you ate 240g/day? Nowhere did I read that.
[/quote]

All the more reason why you guys shouldn’t have assumed I need to simply “stfu and eat more”.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Velz wrote:
I have and I don’t see what’s wrong in asking other people to share their personal experiences and knowledge with me to reinforce what I know or enlighten me. And nobody has really answered any of my questions, so that “help” you speak of that I haven’t accepted is non extant.

Again if you have spent any time on this forum at all you should know we are not the spoonfeeding society.
[/quote]

Maybe you aren’t, but some people don’t mind. If you aren’t then don’t post in this thread. Thanks.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Velz wrote:
Maturity went out the window with your asinine assumptions and subtle insults. I don’t see what the point in responding any further is if you’re just going to reprimand me. I really don’t care. If you aren’t going to help me with the simple questions I asked, then I sternfully stand by my stfu.

I think you need to check your ego at the door. You come in here for advice and when someone even suggests that maybe you should go and find even a little advice on your own you get very defensive and basically say “how dare you not give me everything I want to know without me having to lift a finger!”[/quote]

Actually I came in here quitely and humbly until my work ethic was made fun of. Although my responses prior to that moment seemed cold, they were just me talking normally and they came off prickish online. My apologies.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Do you even know any of the hundreds of diets offered on this site? You see the menu over there on the left side of the page- there is a category called “ARTICLES”. Click on that. In there is a catergory called “Diet Programs”. Read those. If you want to know if a certain diet has worked for someone, ask in that diet’s respective thread.[/quote]

There are 1000’s of diets everywhere. I was just asking for someone to point in the right direction. I don’t see how researching every single individual diet that exists is any wiser when I can just ask people here what’s worked for them. And yeah I COULD post in every single diet’s respective thread, OR I can just kill every bird with one stone and ask everyone here, in the beginner thread. Don’t really care if you don’t like it.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Sasquatch may have been a little rude- but your response to him wasn’t any better, especially considering you are the one looking for help. [/quote]

I don’t have a problem with Sasquatch. I’ve seen his posts and know he’s a smart guy that knows what he’s talking about. However, it’s one thing for me to humble myself out of respect, but it’s another thing for you to humble me. If you’re smarter than me and I ask you to help me become like you, don’t take shots and call me a dumbass. If you don’t want to help then just don’t help.

[quote]Velz wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
Velz wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

You can’t get enough rest, fiber, or water.

The reason I’ve been doing low intensity cardio is cuz I’ve read that’s best for burning fat and high intensity stuff has a higher chance of burning muscle. Then again if you recommend HITT cardio then I can try that too on days that I don’t workout. How long should HITT cardio sessions last? 15-20 minutes?

As far as low reps and heavy weights go,
I do predominantly heavy compound excercises using around 80% of my max using the 10 by 3 method, typically with 60-90 seconds rest in between sets.

So 30% of my caloric intake should be low GI carbs. So what should my protein be? I’ve read about a 40/30/30 split of P/C/F, but I don’t know if that’s for maintenance or cutting. Which is it? And what would happen if I make protein like 50% or even 60% of my caloric intake?[/quote]

Not 30%–no more than30%. There is a distinction. For cutting the lower you go, the qyicker you may see results. Some respond better to low carbs than others. Just take from this that protein and fat are your friend here. I know guys who eat 50% of their diet in fat and stay fairly lean all the time.

The whole burning more fat on low intensity cardio has pretty much been smashed. Yes, a few more of the calories burned do come from fat, but you burn fat and more calories and stave off some muscle cstabolism with higher intensity. That is not to say that low int.cardio is useless. 15-30 minutes is fine.

Sounds similar to a TBT workout parameter. Mix it up. Use super and giant sets. I know I’ll get snorked here, but don’t do squats or deads for a month. Change up your exercises. Take a week and lift at 50% of your max but lift for explosion. Then a week of higher reps. Then back to explosion.