T Nation

Cutting Diet Critique on Test Enth

6’4" 245lbs BF 15-18%? currently cutting and also taking 500mg/wk test enth.

Meal 1: 4 whole eggs, .5cup oats, 1 scoop whey protein, 2 tblsp natty peanut butter

Meal 2: 7oz 85/15 ground turkey, 7-8 oz sweet potato, 1 cup veggies (.5cup brown rice high carb days)

Meal 3: 1 Granny Smith Apple, 2 scoops whey protein

Meal 4: 7oz chicken breast, 2 cups veggies

Meal 5: 7 oz 85/15 ground turkey 2 cups veggies

Meal 6: 1 Granny Smith apple, 2 scoops whey protein

Meal 7: 10-12 oz tilapia or swai, 2 cups veggies (.5cup brown rice on high carb days)

Roughly 3200 calories
344g protein, 169g carbs, 122g fats

trying to get completely shredded and looking for any advice. I’m just running the test to help retain muscle, but since starting (4 weeks) I haven’t lost a single pound. Have cut carbs back to what the diet I posted above states within the last week and a half and have also upped cardio to 30 min/day. Still no weight loss. Any input on diet or recommendations on gear would be greatly appreciated.

I think your barely in a deficit. Your goal should be 1-1.5 lbs a week your diet looks clean, besides peanut butter try using avocados to get your healthy fat, or raw almonds. Also eat a lot of fish like salmon and tuna steaks. Little red meat here and there what kind of cardio are you doing daily? Personally for muscle retention I would just walk a lot. 250-400 calories a session. Incline treadmill or slow stair master.

Edit*****

Are you trying to loose weight or just recomp??

I work 3rd shift so my cardio and weight training are done at the last part of my day. I do 15 min before training and then 15 min after and I cycle those between stair master, elliptical, and walking at incline on treadmill. i need to lose fat so would like to be seeing the scale drop but haven’t. Don’t know if I’ve put myself in a recomp and didn’t realize it or if I’m just stuck with a poor diet. I’ve always been a big guy with extra body fat so when I bulk I get pretty fat regardless my diet is as clean as in my first post and then I’m stuck needing to lose a shit ton of weight. I’m just hoping to finally get things right and look The best I ever have.

yeah, i agree about the deficit… you’re maybe 500 kcals a day low, but you’ll really only see a pound a week loss with that. since you’re on test at 500 mg/wk, you might be holding a touch more of water and maybe actually gaining muscle.

personally, mildly low carbs like where you’re at don’t do much for me… either i need to get them low enough for ketosis (75 grams a day or less) or i need them close to my protein intake.

i think you might want to do your cardio on an empty stomach before you go to work, and then lift when you get off. i prefer that, anyway…

So finishing up week 5 and morning weight is steady at 240 (no change). Only body changes I can notice is more vascularity in my arms and that’s it. Moving forward im going to drop carbs down a bit more and calories will be in the 2900-3000 range. Really disappointed in how things are going so far.

how’s your strength and endurance?

EDIT: are you taking an AI on your cycle?

Strength has gone down slightly on chest exercises and no I’m not taking an AI. I’ve never needed one before on previous cycles. I know it would help with water retention

do you think your gear is legit?

I believe so. I took the same thing during the fall and got some great gains from it. But that doesn’t mean this batch isnt junk. Only sides I ever get is just acne and that doesn’t start happening until after week 6 typically. Then it get worse as I come off. don’t know really how to tell other than that but I can say this. My last two cycles with this labs test was nothing like my first ever cycle from British dragon test e.

well, acne issues can be easily managed by controlling E2. i suspect you’d feel better and see more visible results if you addressed that…

I appreciate the advice. I’m going to taper down the next few weeks and then end cycle.

I’m at fat ass at 6’ 6" and 360 pounds and I haven’t noticed any fluctuations in weight lose, but just as you stated, the vascularity is showing up. My legs, arm, and hand is showing more an more every week. I’ve cleaned up my diet big time, nothing like yours, but better for myself. I feel stronger and better every week too.

I’m at 250 Enanthate once a week and .50 Airmidex at .50 every three days. My BMR is right at 3200 on one site and 2800 on another. I shoot for 2500 and still no scale weight lose. Although, I do bust my ass in the gym almost everyday and do a shit ton of cardio. 2X20 minute milers while at work and then before and after my works, I hit the treadmill for 20 minutes (before) and 30 minutes (after) (minus leg day haha)

So, I think you are doing well and should just keep doing what you are doing.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. This week so far I’m starting to notice changes in body composition. I am a little worried about needing to change up diet once I do come off the test. I’ve never done well with low carbs so thinking I might need to slowly add carbs back in once I do come off or just keep everything the same. This dieting shit is tough lol

No problem.

I’d keep carbs in, just eat them earlier in the day and for post workout, try 16oz gatorade with 1-2 scoops of whey. If you change the diet, I’d say bring the proteins down and add more carbs and cut the calories with those changes. Reason for that is carbs gives us the energy to workout. I hate when I miss carbs on squat days. Differences (for myself) are 30-40 pounds, plus I usually don’t give 100%.

I knew I’m a fatty and you shouldn’t take advice from a fatty, but give me a year or so. I’m regurgitating things I’ve learned the last few months from a very good source that I’ve seen results from. :slight_smile:

Well since my original post I have dropped carbs a substantial amount. Starting this past week my diet is as follows:

Meal 1: 4 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, 1 scoop whey protein

Meal 2: 7oz 85/15 ground turkey, 2 cups broccoli

Meal 3: 2 scoops whey protein

Meal 4: 7-8 oz chicken breast, 2 cups broccoli

Meal 5: 7oz 85/15 ground turkey, 2 cups broccoli

Preworkout: 1 Granny Smith Apple

Post workout: 2 scoops whey protein

Meal 6: 10 oz fish or 7-8 oz chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup veggies.

As you can see carbs are really low and only getting them pre and post workout. This has been the first week I’ve seen a drop in weight. Morning weight today was 238 so roughly 2 lbs this week. Going to see how next week goes and then adjust if needed. I will also be dropping the test down to 250mg/wk starting next week.