Cutting Cycle Exit Strategy

The more I research and plan my cutting cycle the more I have questions (I suppose itâ??s a healthy thing). One thing in particular: At the end of the cycle (during PCT) Iâ??ll have low on Test, high Estrogen and Cortisol, low calorie (most likely low carb), workouts will be light-moderate but voluminous. In my book this is a recipe for rapid loss of LBM. What do you vets do to preserve whateverâ??s left from your LBM and keep the fat out?

don’t cut calories during PCT

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
don’t cut calories during PCT[/quote]

Thanks for reply RDS, cutting calories was the last thing on my mind. I guess I should have stated my thinking clearly. Normally, without AAS, one would slowly up the calories to the maintenance levels along with gradual adjustment in training.

However with the help of AAS one could go deeper into calorie deficit during the cycle, and after the AAS cycle the body is in a “different” place hormone-wise, so what would be different in the exit strategy?

Why are you scheduling your cycle to end prior to the show? I would think staying on until after would eliminate the problem, as well as allowing you to use compounds commonly used pre-show.

[quote]CrazyDude wrote:
workouts will be light-moderate but voluminous. [/quote]

Huh??

In general, cutting fat means kcal deficit means higher intensity, lower volume.

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]CrazyDude wrote:
workouts will be light-moderate but voluminous. [/quote]

Huh??

In general, cutting fat means kcal deficit means higher intensity, lower volume.

[/quote]

Duh! Informational overload! What was I thinking!

[quote]CrazyDude wrote:
The more I research and plan my cutting cycle the more I have questions (I suppose itâ??s a healthy thing). One thing in particular: At the end of the cycle (during PCT) Iâ??ll have low on Test, high Estrogen and Cortisol, low calorie (most likely low carb), workouts will be light-moderate but voluminous. In my book this is a recipe for rapid loss of LBM. What do you vets do to preserve whateverâ??s left from your LBM and keep the fat out?[/quote]

Try to maintain strength gained on cycle and cut the volume down, so more powerlifting style reps and sets. Heavy singles, doubles and triples. Don’t continue trying to lose fat during recovery, you need maintenance calories. Up the volume again after you’ve recovered.

[quote]CrazyDude wrote:
The more I research and plan my cutting cycle the more I have questions (I suppose itâ??s a healthy thing). One thing in particular: At the end of the cycle (during PCT) Iâ??ll have low on Test, high Estrogen and Cortisol, low calorie (most likely low carb), workouts will be light-moderate but voluminous. In my book this is a recipe for rapid loss of LBM. What do you vets do to preserve whateverâ??s left from your LBM and keep the fat out?[/quote]

One more thing, do you even need to do a cutting cycle? What are your stats?

[quote]MassiveGuns wrote:
One more thing, do you even need to do a cutting cycle? What are your stats?[/quote]

hm… I am now at 15% BF… I plan to get to 10% naturally (diet ‘n’ shit) in about 12-14 weeks, then add AAS to the mix. Basically the goal is to get shredded by May.