Cutting Cycle and the V-diet

[quote] Brook wrote:
BDE - do you look like prisoner in contest ready shape?[/quote]

I don’t care to compare myself to others. I compare myself to who I was yesterday and adjust accordingly. That’s how I have reached to be what I am today. And not just in bodybuilding, but in life.

Anyhow, back on topic.

Since I scrapped the v-diet idea and the other part of the topic was the cutting cycle, let’s focus on some possibilities for a cutting cycle. Question first. Some of you are against the use of T3. If any of those people would like to elaborate on their opinion, that would be splendid.

I want to keep Test and Tren since they’re both great for a cutting cycle. Clen looks like a good choice too as long as it’s cycled throughout. I’m using Clen right now so I have experience with that compound.

And to Rainjack, my caloric intake naturally is about 5k for bulking, so I plan on using about 6k calories for my unnatural bulk.

T3 is a wonderful compound for cutting when used intelligently and concurrently with AAS to prevent muscle wasting. Some guys here think it’s a little too much, but I like to ramp up to around 100mcg a day then taper it back down (more slowly than I tapered up).

I also think that the possibility of actual thyroid problems resulting from T3 use, especially when used reasonably and tapered intelligently, is probably pretty overhyped.

I personally hate clen, hate the way it makes me feel, and I can get lean very easily using HOT-ROX, which works great and doesn’t give me the jittery, anxious feeling that clen does.

[quote]BestDaddyEver wrote:
And to Rainjack, my caloric intake naturally is about 5k for bulking, so I plan on using about 6k calories for my unnatural bulk.[/quote]

I asked that question when you were still considering the V-Diet, as it is only about 2K/day. You would starve, or go into shock going from 6K to 2K. But since you have scrapped the idea it is a non-issue.

On the topic of T3 - I always recommend against using it. Period. The potential downside outweighs anything on the good side, IMO.

RJ, do you recommend against using this because you believe that long term thyroid problems are a real possibility? I have read both sides of the argument and both sides sound convincing, but I also have a lot of faith in the human body as a self-correcting, self-regulating system, and I think you would have to try pretty damn hard to “break” one of its hormonal systems.

I’m genuinely curious as to what your feelings are on this, because I don’t remember having seen you discuss it before, and I am actually surprised that you recommend against it.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
RJ, do you recommend against using this because you believe that long term thyroid problems are a real possibility? I have read both sides of the argument and both sides sound convincing, but I also have a lot of faith in the human body as a self-correcting, self-regulating system, and I think you would have to try pretty damn hard to “break” one of its hormonal systems.

I’m genuinely curious as to what your feelings are on this, because I don’t remember having seen you discuss it before, and I am actually surprised that you recommend against it.[/quote]

I believe that when you start messing with the thyroid, you are playing with fire. So yes - I think long term thyroid problems are a very real possibility.

I also think that T3 - if used at all - should only be used by very advanced competitors. I don’t think it should be a fat loss aid for anyone over 8% BF.