T Nation

Cutting Body Fat

hey guys as ive told u guys before im 180 pounds, 6"2, 17 years old, 12-13% body fat. im trying to reduce my body fat to like 8-9% before i start to eat more to gain more mass... here is the diet i will follow, tell me what u guys think and feel free to suggest any changes thanks.

Meal 1
-Oatmeal (2 Cups)
-Egg Whites (5)
-1 Fruit

Meal 2
-Balanced Shake
-Banana

Meal 3
-Tuna
-Yams
-2 cups of broccoli
-1 green apple

Meal 4
-5 Chicken breasts(nonfat)
-Brown Rice (2 cups)
-green apple
-15 almonds

Meal 5
-Salmon
-Sweet potato
-v8 vegetable juice

Meal 6
-Protein shake with fat free milk

i also take a multivitamin in the morning and omega 3 fish oil with my protein shake after my workout

Looks good but maybe put the fish oil spread over several meals. And then at night have fat free cottage cheese with some flax and some more fish oil.

meal 1 less oats more Protein 5 egg whites aint much.

meal 2 a better protein choice what is in the "balanced shake"??

meal 3 and 4 pretty darn good

meal 5 id drop the yam/sweet potatoe for a less starchy veggie source and add more fat maybe olive oil

meal 6 make it full fat milk or add a fat source.

Looking pretty good.

I wouldn't take fish oil post-workout. Your PWO shake/meal should be carbs and protein not fat.

Chris

At 6'2 and 180 lbs I think that you should be more concerned about putting on weight than losing it.

Just my $0.02

I see what your saying, but at the same time I am the same height and weight and am cutting down. Not so much cutting weight; but fat.

My diet is one that is allowing my to cut fat and increase muscle.

Just for asthetics; that's all. I'm nursing my broken foot back to health so I am not training for any MMA or other competitions.

Whoops, I didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.

The meal plan you got looks great; its making me hungry.

I see what your saying, but at the same time I am the same height and weight and am cutting down. Not so much cutting weight; but fat.

My diet is one that is allowing my to cut fat and increase muscle.

Just for asthetics; that's all. I'm nursing my broken foot back to health so I am not training for any MMA or other competitions.

Whoops, I didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.

The meal plan you got looks great; its making me hungry.

You eat five chicken breasts and 2 cups rice in one meal? Only shit. Do you have four stomachs to put all this food into? That's over 200 grams protein at once.

If that's your diet and you're maintaining your present weight and composition, I suggest you SLOWLY cut back your total calories. Like cut out 100 calories per day. Do that for three weeks. See what happens. If you don't lose much fat. Do the same thing again. If you cut too many calories at once, you risk losing more muscle than you want to.

Also read the food articles by Drs. Berardi and Lowrey.

Good luck.

perhaps he meant 5oz of chicken breast?

I hope that's what he meant...otherwise he's eating too much.

I would strongly suggest moving all those starchy foods to either breakfast or post-workout. Also, there's no reason to add all those milk sugars to your protein shake before bed. Eat your nuts with the shake instead. Avoid putting fat and carbs in the same meal. For the fourth meal ditch the carbs and cook the chicken in olive oil. Same thing for the fifth meal. Use greens (e.g. broccoli) as a side dish for these meals.

Oh yeah, add more eggs and/or canadian bacon to breakfast, then drop the oats and add more fruit instead.