Cutting and Maintianing Strength

starting next week i will be cutting and training mma on tuesday and thursday. i would like to do some lifting to at least maintain strength can anyone give me a routine for this? i was thinking about doing a full body work out on mon. wed. and fri. would this work? or would i be over training and losing muscle? please help me out here. i would love to cut fat and keep my strength… thanks in advance for any advice!

from what iv tried ur guna loose alot of strength, but then again. IM no expert.
I cut 8kg of fat in 1.5 months, lost arround 15% strength with coming 4 times to the gym…
i regained them as soon as i started adding carbs into my diet (withing 3 weeks i was back to how i was)

is MMA a form of cardio to aid you in your cut??

if you want to maintain, I’d do what you’ve been doing, and increase calories to the point where you’re not losing strength

Lift heavy. Don’t drop your calories to low. Watch your strength. If you maintain lifting heavy it helps the muscle to hang on. The poster who dropped all his strength while cutting was doing it all wrong. Keep a positive attitude a keep trying for new PR’s. Good luck

Lift heavy. Don’t drop your calories to low. Watch your strength. If you maintain lifting heavy it helps the muscle to hang on. The poster who dropped all his strength while cutting was doing it all wrong. Keep a positive attitude a keep trying for new PR’s. Good luck

Stick with whatever method you used to build your strength in the first place.

You shouldn’t have to get much weaker (if at all) on a reasonable cut.

Shit, I’m down 14 lbs the past 4-5 weeks and I’m still hitting PR’s on just about everything.