Cutting and Ideas for Higher Fat Diet

I’m cutting for a marathon, and the shirtless summer in general. Last summer I got to about 5% bf, but was hoping to get super lean this summer.
The only problem is that I def need a lot of carbs for my cycling marathon and training. I’m def an endomorph, super high metabolism, but the carbs keep me holding a little fat and water regardless. I’m a student forced to deal w the pantry at home on breaks because the fam doesnt understand health or athleticism…

During the day I’d like to drop my carb intake and increase my fat intake. I wont be getting fat from animals, unless it swims or isnt hatched (bring on the eggsss!), or dairy fat. I plan on having my carbs limited to just fibrous fruit on occasion and fibrous veggies through the day, with plenty of flax seeds since I don’t handle high fat well without fiber.

What does everyone use to increase their fat intake? I’d like some ideas for fats and maybe some favorite recipes, simple or not doesnt matter. Also, if you have any favorite recipes with some of the things I plan to include in my diet for fat:

Avocado, coconut oil, flax/fish oils, walnut oil, olive oil, sesame/other seeds, nuts, salmon, canned tuna/salmon (PLEASE, someone tell me what the fuck to do with this dry shit!)

Use the search function, there are plenty of good threads on healthy recipes. Also search in the T-Cell Alpha.

I think it is pretty simple to increase your fat intake, just eat more fat. Almond butter, cooking your eggs in coconut oil with avocado, and eating fish will get you there plenty fast.

I also have a hard time believing that you ran at 5% BF last summer, as that would be fairly uncomfortable to maintain.

Lastly, never use “shirtless summer” or “hoping to get super lean this summer” ever again. If those are your goals you can go to www.iluvbradpittshawtabs.com and never return to this site.

[quote]fmaurice wrote:
Last summer I got to about 5% bf, but was hoping to get super lean this summer.[/quote]
^ lol fatty

Duck, deer and even horses are proficient in the water so are they fair game?
Just giving you a hard time bud :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t imagine getting below 5% Bf while still ingesting simple carbs (whether from fruit or elsewhere) and moderate/high fats is very feasible.
You could cut carbs to below 30g/day, and work off an anabolic diet.
I use it every summer to lean out and it’s all just a matter of dropping the calories slowly and increasing cardio frequency.

[quote]What does everyone use to increase their fat intake? I’d like some ideas for fats and maybe some favorite recipes, simple or not doesnt matter. Also, if you have any favorite recipes with some of the things I plan to include in my diet for fat:

Avocado, coconut oil, flax/fish oils, walnut oil, olive oil, sesame/other seeds, nuts, salmon, canned tuna/salmon (PLEASE, someone tell me what the fuck to do with this dry shit!)[/quote]

Right now im on the anabolic diet, and although the “Key is animal fats and red meat”, eggs, cheese, oils, nuts, and oily fish can all have their place here.

before I go throwing out recipe ideas. Are you ok with any white meats chicken/turkey etc or are you sole-ly (excuse the pun) a fishetarian?

[quote]fmaurice wrote:

Avocado, coconut oil, flax/fish oils, walnut oil, olive oil, sesame/other seeds, nuts, salmon, canned tuna/salmon (PLEASE, someone tell me what the fuck to do with this dry shit!)[/quote]

Salmon fillets, shots of olive oil, snack on some almonds, ground flax in shakes, melted cheese on veggies, salad with avocado slices, etc

BTW, what do you consider “super shredded”? 5% is already ridiculously low IMO.

Well I was holding a lot of water w the carbs, but towards the last half I cut them out measured in at 5% after about 2 weeks (I’m assuming most of the weight lost was glycogen and water… not a whole lot of fat) and this was my reading, but I am aware that calipers read w a 3% error…

My bad on the shirtless summer, haha, you got me. Def not going for the brad pitt shit, but come on. Who doesnt want to show off what your bulked up for? Unless you like the 12 month bulk cycle, then that’s your deal, but the females love the “shirtless summer” show they get, unless youre fucking up the bulk.

So assuming I was on the higher end of the caliper readings… What would you guys recommend for the cut? I thought about keto before…

Not that I’ve ever run one, but why would you want to cut for a marathon? That seems like it would impair your ability to compete… especially if you’re trying to get 5%.

Ok first off, I’ve ran 2 Marathon’s a several half marathon’s, And I wont be doing one EVER again. Now if you enjoy it then more power to you I loved it when I was training and competing in it. But you will have NO muscle left from your “BULK” believe me. How our body’s work while running long distances is detramental to muscle retention. After you burn through your stored glycogen in your liver and muscle what do you think you use for energy? MUSCLE TISUE…:-(.

Now you say that the Carbs keep you Holding fat and water? While Carbs do bond to water when in our body they have NO correlation to fat cells…so that just doesn’t make any sense. And if you are truly doing a marathon you need carbs and ALOT of them trust me. Just look at the carbs involved in the Anaconda protocol…and think to yourself. Is that 45 minute workout going to need more fuel than my Marathon? Which A Good Runner can run in a little under 3 hours?

My Advice to you is pick a Goal, You want to get lean and preserve your muscle mass to look good for the Ladies who will be watching the “Shirtless Summer Show” Then No marathons. But if you want to truly excell in your Marathon get a good 16 week template to peak for your Marathon and eat lots of carbs, your going to be lean running all the time, just dont expect the muscle to hang around.

I’ve been there my friend, I ran a 2:53:44 but I was also only weighing like 153lb’s at 6’1" now I just try to move Heavy stuff around in the weight room and eat a good clean diet and I’m a Lead 210. (Not 5% Lean but I wouldn’t be able to function at that bodyfat for any length of time. I’m around 9 and that comfortable)

If you want Diet advice or Marathon advice PM me. Good luck to you