Cutting and Bulking - Need Help

You’re young. Dont worry about cutting right now. Just get your diet in check (cals on both sides are way too low) and work from there. You’re on the right track no doubt about that but like everyone else is saying… Get as strong as you can now but keep your diet as clean as you can. When you’re 18-22 you’ll pop through your skin with some nice cuts and density!

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
At 16, if you start a smart program, ate like you’ve described, I would imagine that the extra muscle mass would really fill you out and probably ‘take care’ off the ‘fat’ as you have such a small amount of muscle (me too) you can’t really see your abs. [/quote]

EXACTLY. This is what I was trying to say.

When its said that ‘everyone’s got abs underneath there somewhere’ that just means that they’re there, anatomically.

What it doesn’t mean (for most) is that they’re adequately developed underneath there and simply ready to ‘pop out’ once a particular bodyfat threshold is reached.

For most, revealing those abs is like anything else in life: it takes hard work (note: weighted chins, squats, deads remain foolproof)

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Muscle gain and fat loss are not about energy balance; they are about hormone balance.

You can accomplish both goals at the same time.
[/quote]

For the most part I agree with this, it’s rather simplistic but the idea is right.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Muscle gain and fat loss are not about energy balance; they are about hormone balance.

You can accomplish both goals at the same time.
[/quote]

For the most part I agree with this, it’s rather simplistic but the idea is right.
[/quote]

The idea is simple but it’s not easy to do.

Diet is an important aspect of fat loss and muscle gain but not the only part.

Intense exercise is of course part of it but that is the part that most people can do anything as beginners and see positive results - in other words it’s the easiest part.

The other parts that people seem to forget about are recovery, sleep, and stress management; but if the diet is bad these things won’t matter anyway.